Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames > DarkOrbit
You last visited: Today at 19:26

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Bot Detection Tool [Request]

Discussion on Bot Detection Tool [Request] within the DarkOrbit forum part of the Browsergames category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Bot Detection Tool [Request]

Hello, i wanna ask if someone can make a tool that can detect accounts who are botting. It could be usefull in the future because it could make bots even stronger how Darkorbit Bot System now works.

So bots will become more powerfull and stronger afterwards. Packetbots like PBDO would make a comeback if a Bot Detection Tool comes and Developers will know when to update the code if BP is implementing a new script to the Anti Bot System.

Let me know if i am right, because i don't anything about coding.
Old 01/28/2017, 00:05   #2

elite*gold: 17
Received Thanks: 1,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ............? View Post
Hello, i wanna ask if someone can make a tool that can detect accounts who are botting. It could be usefull in the future because it could make bots even stronger how Darkorbit Bot System now works.

So bots will become more powerfull and stronger afterwards. Packetbots like PBDO would make a comeback if a Bot Detection Tool comes and Developers will know when to update the code if BP is implementing a new script to the Anti Bot System.

v5devs - creators of PBDO and of new packetbot DOB are able to check the code and they know everytime when its needed to update their bot due to DO client update, I dont know what are you talking about packetbots already came back - DOB and KappaBot are proof enough.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/28/2017, 00:13   #3

Received Thanks: 2,658
Quote:

There is not a universal detection way to detect a bot user. Example: I can find a way to catch all people who bot. 2 days later a BP dev also found a way to detect them. Probabilities that it is the same way? VERY LOW, so its useless
Old 01/28/2017, 00:50   #4

Received Thanks: 1,362
There's nothing much to say - it's not possible.

We get info about other players by few packets like ShipSelectionCommand, AttackHitCommand, ShipCreateCommand etc. Anyway, even if a bot would send wrongly packet (eg. without special params encryption), we couldn't notice it. Darkorbit server marks you as bot (and most likely will ban you within 30 days) and sends normal packet to other players.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 01/28/2017, 07:42   #5

elite*gold: 93
Received Thanks: 1,117
Quote:
can make a tool that can detect accounts who are botting
bigpoint is trying this since 6 years ago !
Thanks
1 User