Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames > DarkOrbit
You last visited: Today at 17:24

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Is DArkorbit Playable

Discussion on Is DArkorbit Playable within the DarkOrbit forum part of the Browsergames category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 101
Is DArkorbit Playable

Hey guys,

maybe i wanna restart playing DO, but: is it playable, or u need to invest thousands of uridium to win a fight? Can u survive on the x-1 without getting raped permantly by others, but the main question:

Can u find a place in the game, WITHOUT investing any money? I don't want a banking battle, as it was when i left do. Any advices? I really loved DO, but i was unplayable when i left 18 month ago, i hope someone of u got a few answeres for me.
Old 08/10/2014, 20:11   #2

elite*gold: 0
Not playable. Pay to win *****
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/10/2014, 20:15   #3

elite*gold: 1
Hey torior1,

I think Darkorbit is playable but only to a certain point.(without investing a lot of money)
The equipment to a good goliath is easy to get through the trade.
You can easily get an iris and the rest of your equipment.
But like i said, only to a certain point. Because if you want to get the apis/zeus and havoc/hercules designs etc. you need to invest money. Of course you can get it through the NPCs in the game, but it would take a lot of time. But it can be fun if you have to "shoot for your uridium", because then at the end you can say : I did it myself, without banking^^ Have fun
Old 08/10/2014, 20:19   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by quinster08 View Post
Not playable. Pay to win *****
Stupidity lvl 9999999999999999999

I have started playing DO 5-6 years ago and i think darkorbit is now much, much, much, much better. Darkorbit was Pay2Win since it started. But !!!! If you really want to enjoy the game you don´t need to pay.. I think darkorbit is playable without paying too. But for start it is good to buy double boxes. Or start using some bots

PS: But you must to choose good server. Global Europes are bad servers. Find some server where is cheap auction (maybe some Turkish i think).
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/10/2014, 20:21   #5

And beside the skins? i got a Goliath with 31 lf3 and 1 lf4, alls "cheap" skins, 6 iris and 2 flax, nearly every extra an open gamma gate, and nearly an alpha gate... Have i to invest money, to win battles. "pay for win/ win by pay" system?`or will i waste tons of uridium just for a single fight and still dont win?

Well, maybe the tactical level is better, but it became more expensive, doesn't it? 3 years ago, u could be head to head with the bankers, if u played some extra hours, but all the videos i saw are like:"Where ever you are, we will find u and kill u with 100.000 uri!"

I mean: i cant do a shid with my cute 25.000k dmg, or maybe 40.000 if there are people wioth 60.000 or 70.000 dmg.

ps. my acc is on Global 1
Old 08/10/2014, 20:35   #6

elite*gold: 1
Look at the shop. Rsb: 1000 ammo= 5000 uridium. If you have enough uridium, go ahead and buy the special ammo, but if not they are only a waste. If you shoot 1 Rsb salve(100-200uri) and use 1 emp(500uri) = You pay over 600 Uri only to use these 2 specials. Then you need to add instashield and smartbombs, ucb (or x3) rockets, boosters So if you really want to fight battles with all these things, i think you can fight once and after that you can go and shoot aliens. This is only my opinion.

Edit: Like i said, if you want more damage then you do now, you have to get all the new things like havocs and lf4 lasers.
Old 08/10/2014, 20:35   #7

elite*gold: 108
Received Thanks: 1,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by torior1 View Post
And beside the skins? i got a Goliath with 31 lf3 and 1 lf4, alls "cheap" skins, 6 iris and 2 flax, nearly every extra an open gamma gate, and nearly an alpha gate... Have i to invest money, to win battles. "pay for win/ win by pay" system?`or will i waste tons of uridium just for a single fight and still dont win?

Well, maybe the tactical level is better, but it became more expensive, doesn't it? 3 years ago, u could be head to head with the bankers, if u played some extra hours, but all the videos i saw are like:"Where ever you are, we will find u and kill u with 100.000 uri!"

I mean: i cant do a shid with my cute 25.000k dmg, or maybe 40.000 if there are people wioth 60.000 or 70.000 dmg.

ps. my acc is on Global 1
Europe global? I think you can still play and grow your account. For example with premium and doing a lot of LoW gates you can grow your account pretty well if you invest a good amount of time. On the other hand you can bot palladium with pallavia (with the risk that comes from using a bot, even if it's visual bot). To have a pretty decent account you'll probably have to invest a lot of time/money/bot time.

~StormTempest
Old 08/10/2014, 20:36   #8

you need to invest many time, if you don't want to pay.
If you want some pure skill show, check some private servers!
Old 08/10/2014, 20:43   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormTempest View Post
Europe global? I think you can still play and grow your account. For example with premium and doing a lot of LoW gates you can grow your account pretty well if you invest a good amount of time. On the other hand you can bot palladium with pallavia (with the risk that comes from using a bot, even if it's visual bot). To have a pretty decent account you'll probably have to invest a lot of time/money/bot time.

~StormTempest
mhm, paladium sounds like a good option... So: beat some alines for uridium, buying the second hangar slort, buing the ultra fast ship, place my goliath on 5-2 and farming with my fast ship?
Is this a plan, you would say "thats nice"?
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/10/2014, 20:47   #10

If you have tons of money to waste on such a bugged game
Old 08/10/2014, 20:51   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by torior1 View Post
mhm, paladium sounds like a good option... So: beat some alines for uridium, buying the second hangar slort, buing the ultra fast ship, place my goliath on 5-2 and farming with my fast ship?
Is this a plan, you would say "thats nice"?
It's good. But if you gonna do it in Global Europe 1 you have to be prepared to be shot on 5.3 by some people who go there to hunt ships + you have to find a good clan for palla.

~StormTempest
Old 08/10/2014, 20:54   #12

elite*gold: 6301
Received Thanks: 5,309
Quote:
It's good. But if you gonna do it in Global Europe 1 you have to be prepared to be shot on 5.3 by some people who go there to hunt ships + you have to find a good clan for palla.

~StormTempest
GE1 isn't a good option for newbies.
Old 08/10/2014, 20:56   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamieniarz View Post
GE1 isn't a good option for newbies.
If they have patience they can bot their accounts bigger and bigger :P

PD: Hi kami

~StormTempest
Old 08/10/2014, 20:58   #14

elite*gold: 6301
Received Thanks: 5,309
Quote:
If they have patience they can bot their accounts bigger and bigger :P

PD: Hi kami

~StormTempest
Hey

Patience is one of words that should never be used in here
Same as: cheap, honest, etc
Old 08/10/2014, 21:08   #15

ps. arent kbot and i bot down? So it's all about banking or selfplaying, mhm?