Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Other Online Games > Browsergames > DarkOrbit
You last visited: Today at 10:39

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

New Bot Detection System

Discussion on New Bot Detection System within the DarkOrbit forum part of the Browsergames category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 60
New Bot Detection System

(Taken from Darkorbit's FB Page)
Quote:
Hello Space Pilots,

Today we would like to take some time to discuss a topic that has been a major talking point for the community and us developers alike, ever since it first appeared: Bots.

From the perspective of a player, which many of us are, the damages the bots can do are quite apparent and the resulting mood is understandable. Particularly in a game like DarkOrbit, which focuses heavily on PvP and rankings, we can clearly see that the value of a high rank or record scoring run is diminished when it’s not clear if that record was achieved legitimately.

The same goes for the whole development team, be it the Game Designer who spends a lot of time on balancing the game’s economy and encounters, the programmers whose code is abused by the bot creator or the numerous chat and forum moderators who work tirelessly to answer the questions and needs of the community; all trying to create a positive and enjoyable game for the honest players, which the vast majority of the player base are.

Over a period now, we have worked exclusively in the background and not made any public statements on this topic to ensure that the bot creators knew as little as possible about our measures and detection systems. And while we updated our encryption systems to try to shut the bots down, we feel that a holistic approach to this issue requires the support and understanding of the community itself.

That being said we would like you to know that we are currently working on a major update to the way bots are detected and punished which we hope will drastically change the overall amount and frequency of bots in the game. And while we anticipate this to be a big step in the right direction, as we speak out publicly against the use of bots, we ask you to do the same and take a stance against the bots, in-game and on the forums.

In closing: We have big plans for DarkOrbit, but we know the bot situation is critical and are working on multiple fronts to tackle this problem.

Thank you for your support and patience on this matter.

Your DarkOrbit Team
Another one of BP's useless movements to destroy the rest of their game. Is there even any way to fix Darkorbit right now? Will they even implement a new system, or is this just to scare people?

-iDJ Jesus
Thanks
4 Users
Old 06/11/2013, 15:38   #2

elite*gold: 60
Received Thanks: 3,062
Same to you - allready posted in Darkorbit_Talk...

We will see...
But I think it's real and they implement the new system.
Because they have added the major update and the RC4 decryption...
Thanks
2 Users
Old 06/11/2013, 15:48   #3

elite*gold: 1
Hmm, well no problem, I will spend some days botting and then quit it :P Maybe now DO will be a nice game again, who knows.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 06/11/2013, 15:53   #4

elite*gold: 20
They claimed before to ban thousands of botters every week, probably just another attempt to save non-botting customers while they can.
Old 06/11/2013, 16:04   #5

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
That being said we would like you to know that we are currently working on a major update to the way bots are detected and punished which we hope will drastically change the overall amount and frequency of bots in the game.
Another major update PBDO bot is for sure not comming back
Old 06/11/2013, 16:25   #6

U.u 90% of player.. are botter..
if all botter will be banned... darkorbit will failed....
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/11/2013, 16:42   #7

Probably just a way to scare botters
Thanks
3 Users
Old 06/11/2013, 16:47   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuNzOwNz View Post
Another major update PBDO bot is for sure not comming back
hahaha lol that was funny
Old 06/11/2013, 16:47   #9

elite*gold: 55
I now for sure that there is something going on. A chatmod on German server said that there will maybe be a new client, if I understood that right. So we will see what that means.
Old 06/11/2013, 18:00   #10

if they want no players left is there problem, lol
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/11/2013, 18:01   #11

elite*gold: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bot_user1234 View Post
if they want no players left is there problem, lol
A lot of fair players and some of them really good left this game cause bots, maybe they will come back then.
Old 06/11/2013, 18:13   #12

Just keep botting... Don't care what BP says.
Old 06/11/2013, 18:43   #13

elite*gold: 15
Received Thanks: 1,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professional* View Post
Just keep botting... Don't care what BP says.
Care about yourself and your account nobody wants a game full of bot users(Play Fair Go Pro).
Thanks
5 Users
Old 06/11/2013, 18:50   #14

from 16 - 30 will come the new update, then they will ban the players, top 100 will not get permanent ban but they will loose much , the new acc´s will be banned perm.

and i will also bot this week 24/7 then stop at 16, to safe my acc, then will play again fair like bevore ,

and it´s time to have fun again, i hope the player will not use merkava or bigpoint will bann all klickprogram user noobs perm.

cause they destroy the game !!

everyone that want safe his acc , bot now much and then make break to see what will happen
Old 06/11/2013, 19:01   #15

Received Thanks: 1,746
no source