Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 17:24

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[ACP] FORGET IT !!!

Discussion on [ACP] FORGET IT !!! within the DarkOrbit forum part of the Browsergames category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Thumbs up [ACP] FORGET IT !!!

Dear Friends,

I have decided to write this post and gather some opinions from users that want to encourage the "extinsion" of ACP.

First of all, ACP = Admin Control Panel and it reffers to Administrator level access on a DarkOrbit server (int1, int2, fr1, etc.). We (the players) have Home level access and thus the Admin is higher. Therefore and Admin can modify any user giving or taking items from the account (item = ship, drones [even number], designs, ammo, pilot points, etc. - practically anything.

ACP can be obtained by 3 methods (as far as I know):
1. an administrator of DO gives you his username/password (doubt it...)
2. you CRACK it using Brute Force or similar junk
3. you HACK the server using a remote exploit and give yourself a hidden administrator user (thus access)

Option 1 is impossible, as employes of Bigpoint sign NDA (Non Disclosure Agreements) which are killers in term of law. Pure jail for them in such a situation.

Option 2 is lame. It can be done and it maybe was done but it is unsafe. I say it is lame because only crackers use cracking software to obtain something powerfull (so to say). Unsafe because BPoint have backup servers and I bet a beautiful sync software that spots sudden differences almost instantly. Beside this the server do track the IP addresses that use those accounts (Admin) and you would not be glad for your IP to appear in their list.

Option 3 is a beauty. However it isn't recommended due to the unsafe details above. Also HACKING a BPoint server would be quite difficult I think. The tracking in this case however could turn to 0, in case the hacker uses 2 servers, connects to server 1 and from there to server 2 and FROM THERE he actually hacks the BPoint server. After access is granted, he deletes info of connections on server 1.

Thus, ONCE AND FOR ALL, I would recommend all users to F O R G E T about ACP as it is not something good at all. For any of you! I bet that any of you as a player wouldn't be happy to see at the news that another player is doing jail because he made commerce with ACP (seller/buyer - doesn't matter).

In conclusion I am asking any of you to post your opinion but mostly to encourage users in generally NOT TO USE or CRAWL FOR ACP !!!

Best regards,
Black Ripper
Thanks
3 Users
Old 03/20/2013, 23:17   #2

elite*gold: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by black.ripper View Post
Dear Friends,

I have decided to write this post and gather some opinions from users that want to encourage the "extinsion" of ACP.

First of all, ACP = Admin Control Panel and it reffers to Administrator level access on a DarkOrbit server (int1, int2, fr1, etc.). We (the players) have Home level access and thus the Admin is higher. Therefore and Admin can modify any user giving or taking items from the account (item = ship, drones [even number], designs, ammo, pilot points, etc. - practically anything.

ACP can be obtained by 3 methods (as far as I know):
1. an administrator of DO gives you his username/password (doubt it...)
2. you CRACK it using Brute Force or similar junk
3. you HACK the server using a remote exploit and give yourself a hidden administrator user (thus access)

Option 1 is impossible, as employes of Bigpoint sign NDA (Non Disclosure Agreements) which are killers in term of law. Pure jail for them in such a situation.

Option 2 is lame. It can be done and it maybe was done but it is unsafe. I say it is lame because only crackers use cracking software to obtain something powerfull (so to say). Unsafe because BPoint have backup servers and I bet a beautiful sync software that spots sudden differences almost instantly. Beside this the server do track the IP addresses that use those accounts (Admin) and you would not be glad for your IP to appear in their list.

Option 3 is a beauty. However it isn't recommended due to the unsafe details above. Also HACKING a BPoint server would be quite difficult I think. The tracking in this case however could turn to 0, in case the hacker uses 2 servers, connects to server 1 and from there to server 2 and FROM THERE he actually hacks the BPoint server. After access is granted, he deletes info of connections on server 1.

Thus, ONCE AND FOR ALL, I would recommend all users to F O R G E T about ACP as it is not something good at all. For any of you! I bet that any of you as a player wouldn't be happy to see at the news that another player is doing jail because he made commerce with ACP (seller/buyer - doesn't matter).

In conclusion I am asking any of you to post your opinion but mostly to encourage users in generally NOT TO USE or CRAWL FOR ACP !!!

Best regards,
Black Ripper
you looks like darkorbit admin .... hmmm
Old 03/20/2013, 23:19   #3

Yeah right. As I wouldn't have anything else better to do. Admins wouldn't write that. Let's just say I have experienced "cracking" and "hacking" quite some time. But that was way back. Only wanted to keep users out of sh-it (not the tool by jD but the actual thing that comes out from ...).
Old 03/20/2013, 23:22   #4

elite*gold: 33
haha i know an option 4 that maybe work
Old 03/20/2013, 23:30   #5

And that is ? Plus that it can't work as someone will get caught.
Old 03/20/2013, 23:36   #6

elite*gold: 30
I have DO admin IP
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/20/2013, 23:45   #7

It seems that people aren't taking this seriously. Well, at least don't say that I didn't tried after youre accounts will get banned. Or even worse.
Old 03/20/2013, 23:47   #8

this is only spam...

the time will be come ... trust me... there are 100.000.000 ACP-Services........

Laaater

ahhhhh ****

/closerequest

russian guys will come back with ACP
Thanks
10 Users
Old 03/21/2013, 00:56   #9

ACP=$ no thanks
Old 03/21/2013, 01:42   #10

OK just hacking some ones Facebook account can land you 5yrs in jail not to mention if some one does this the forum with the instructions could get sued as well stay away from it.
Old 03/21/2013, 03:42   #11

Hacking BP isnt impossible bro ^^
Old 03/21/2013, 03:53   #12

Careful of the BP Spies lol if your going to do something uber illegal don't post it on a forum have fun.
Old 03/21/2013, 04:08   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAZY-8-CIRCUS View Post
Careful of the BP Spies lol if your going to do something uber illegal don't post it on a forum have fun.
Thanks. I forgot i'm using epvp from my laptop at home!!
#Fixed
Old 03/21/2013, 04:29   #14

what is the purpose you open this thread ? you can easily talk in Darkorbit talk.

regards
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/21/2013, 08:21   #15

elite*gold: 237
Received Thanks: 4,910
First of all. The ACP that everyone thinks exists at is nothing more than web hosting management suit. You can tell this by sending requests and looking at the response headers, they match cPanel. That rules that out.

Secondly, has anyone actually seen this work or in action? No. And if you have, it was fake. There is no webpage that you can just log into and give yourself stuff. How can I say this so confidently? I've seen the work developers do at Bigpoint. Sure, us as developers can bypass new anti-bot stuff they add, but that in no means says that Bigpoint are a bunch of crappy developers. The main reason its so easy is they are using browser technology. An easier way to put this is like this. You can have the best army in the world, but if you give them all bows and arrows, even the weakest army that has access to guns, missiles etc. will be able to defeat them. Just the same for bigpoint. Now my reason for saying this, is Bigpoint are not complete idiots when it comes to developing. Most likely what they have is some backend access to the servers that is controlled by a program used by support etc. The access to this backend system will be setup to accept local connections only (eg. it will only accept connections from people on the local LAN). This way no matter how hard you bruteforce, neither the firewall or the backend will let you in.

I just wish people would stop bragging 'n' nagging for or about ACP access when it clearly does not exist, and can't exist.

Sure, I could be wrong, and bigpoint could be a bunch of monkeys that sit behind computers all day on facebook, but the fact they have the expertise and experience to keep game servers and web servers running for millions of users a day says to me that they know what they are doing.

-jD
Thanks
7 Users