Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 14:00

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Whats happened to this forum

Discussion on Whats happened to this forum within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 01/04/2007, 22:39   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally posted by some1else@Jan 4 2007, 00:28
"noobs"(i'm sorry but i don't have any other word for it) will keep comming more and more asking for stuff they think they want event though they don't even know how to use or what to use for. they will allways flame about what they don't understand, what they think they are "pros" at or when they are told they are wrong.
newbies will come too; they are the few guys that read and search the threads before making new ones and maybe some of them, as someone before me said, may be real smart and help this comunity. some of them on the other hand, knowing theyr programing skills lack due to different reasons will stick to reading/downloading what they need without even making a single post. this can even be seen as theyr own way of keeping the forum clean.
those of us who are allready here have to leave with it, but this is only because we don't do anything about it. the thing of not leting someone get acces to the forum b4 they spent few minits on the rules thread might be a good idea. another thing that might help could be increasing the moderator's number...but i'm not the one to decide this. until something decisive is done, we we'll just leave with it
Well said. One thing I have noticed though, is when someone (like myself) actually asks for a bit of help on these forums, the topic was generally ignored.

For example, I asked a while back for a bit of help in memory reading in programming, for educational purposes as I'm studying a software development course in College. My test subject was to be games such as CO (no longer possible, i believe), Diablo II (still possible) and other such Games. Also I think i mentioned a question relating to opening files and Hex editing them (if specific hex locations were known) and as far as I'm aware nobody helped out.

This website is amazing for the releases I have seen, and by all means I'm glad I found it, but the people here aren't as helpful as you all claim. Instead of "Im not sure thats possible" or "I dont know, but has something about it", I received about a dozen reads and no replies. Don't paint a glowing picture of a not-so-bright surrounding.. While E*pvp is brilliant in it's own right, exaggeration of characteristics only fools those under the veil...

This isn't strictly on topic as to what everyone was referring to, but since its a question of what happened to the forum and people mentioned how it was, this is my view of how it should be. If you want a close-knit group where people share information and are friendly with each other, close the registrations, kick the "noobs" who pester and pester for things that aren't to be public, and work from there.

I hope my message is read, I'd like to think it wasn't a waste of effort typing.
Old 01/04/2007, 23:25   #17

i belive its cause everyone gives out the site on co and noobs just think, o wow i can lvl without doing nothing ill go there and download every bot i see and if they dont give it to me ill beg and flame.
Old 01/04/2007, 23:58   #18

Quote:
Originally posted by Violent_Plague+Jan 4 2007, 22:39--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Violent_Plague @ Jan 4 2007, 22:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--some1else@Jan 4 2007, 00:28
"noobs"(i'm sorry but i don't have any other word for it) will keep comming more and more asking for stuff they think they want event though they don't even know how to use or what to use for. they will allways flame about what they don't understand, what they think they are "pros" at or when they are told they are wrong.
newbies will come too; they are the few guys that read and search the threads before making new ones and maybe some of them, as someone before me said, may be real smart and help this comunity. some of them on the other hand, knowing theyr programing skills lack due to different reasons will stick to reading/downloading what they need without even making a single post. this can even be seen as theyr own way of keeping the forum clean.
those of us who are allready here have to leave with it, but this is only because we don't do anything about it. the thing of not leting someone get acces to the forum b4 they spent few minits on the rules thread might be a good idea. another thing that might help could be increasing the moderator's number...but i'm not the one to decide this. until something decisive is done, we we'll just leave with it
Well said. One thing I have noticed though, is when someone (like myself) actually asks for a bit of help on these forums, the topic was generally ignored.

For example, I asked a while back for a bit of help in memory reading in programming, for educational purposes as I'm studying a software development course in College. My test subject was to be games such as CO (no longer possible, i believe), Diablo II (still possible) and other such Games. Also I think i mentioned a question relating to opening files and Hex editing them (if specific hex locations were known) and as far as I'm aware nobody helped out.

This website is amazing for the releases I have seen, and by all means I'm glad I found it, but the people here aren't as helpful as you all claim. Instead of "Im not sure thats possible" or "I dont know, but has something about it", I received about a dozen reads and no replies. Don't paint a glowing picture of a not-so-bright surrounding.. While E*pvp is brilliant in it's own right, exaggeration of characteristics only fools those under the veil...

This isn't strictly on topic as to what everyone was referring to, but since its a question of what happened to the forum and people mentioned how it was, this is my view of how it should be. If you want a close-knit group where people share information and are friendly with each other, close the registrations, kick the "noobs" who pester and pester for things that aren't to be public, and work from there.

I hope my message is read, I'd like to think it wasn't a waste of effort typing. [/b][/quote]
If you make a topic and no one answers, but there are alot of views, that means that the people who looked at the topic were not sure themselves, and probably shouldnt have answer anyways. The chances are that they wouldnt know what they were talkin about, if they did say something.

basically, i disagree. i feel that if you dont know the answer, and you arent going to be any help, dont answer. no one wants to read a topic or a forum if half of the posts are "i dont know"s. posting like that is niether helpful to the community, nor helpful to what is being said.

if you post something and dont get a response, it just means that its over the ppl who looked's heads. it not an example of the community being unhelpful or ignorant.

and im not just saying this, i have a topic out right now without a single response, 40 views, and its on the fourth page. and its something important to me personally, but i havent gotten a response. even though i asked for any little helpful anythign that sumone may have, that could potentially help. but i guess no one knows, so im stuck trying to figure it out on my own.

~EleventySeven11
Old 01/05/2007, 00:29   #19

well, i agree with the origional post, i have seen some flameing on this forum that is just stupid, the questions are good and they get flamed with stfu and die (wich i think is extremly rude and overly aggresive)... i am still a newb here but i have been on allot of gaming forums and i have not seen one were people get so angry about a stupid or non stupid question. if people stop posting stfu u stupid noob and other degratory comments, things would go allot better. also flameing is just a way for noobs to increase there post count and actually helps nooby people gain trust because of the higher post count, stupid huh?
Old 01/05/2007, 00:58   #20

can we change something? I know mr.Rattle's desition was well tought. But now instead of flaming, all we see is new useless topic or ppl saying thing everybody knows. I even saw someone stealing prog from this forum, without giving credit, only to leech some karma out of it.[img]text2schild.php?smilienummer=1&text=Moron' border='0' alt='Moron' /> Just do your part and hope everybody else does.
Old 01/05/2007, 01:00   #21

Quote:
Originally posted by medemon@Jan 5 2007, 00:29
well, i agree with the origional post, i have seen some flameing on this forum that is just stupid, the questions are good and they get flamed with stfu and die (wich i think is extremly rude and overly aggresive)... i am still a newb here but i have been on allot of gaming forums and i have not seen one were people get so angry about a stupid or non stupid question. if people stop posting stfu u stupid noob and other degratory comments, things would go allot better. also flameing is just a way for noobs to increase there post count and actually helps nooby people gain trust because of the higher post count, stupid huh?
ppl are bored of leechers. Boredom lead to anger, anger lead to stfu noob.
Old 01/05/2007, 01:02   #22

This forum is VERY close to turning around, this forum is 99% noob because of all the bots that were released, especially cotobo,

But no they are mostly all patched, the noobs will leave, because theres nothing more to leech
Old 01/05/2007, 01:16   #23

yeah alot of leachers ppl get pisssed like u offer some 1 something they use it love it give u no karma which take 10 sec... but i think ppl will be nicer with the SPECHAIL ppl geting scritvessel
Old 01/05/2007, 01:32   #24

Quote:
Originally posted by EleventySeven11@Jan 4 2007, 23:58
If you make a topic and no one answers, but there are alot of views, that means that the people who looked at the topic were not sure themselves, and probably shouldnt have answer anyways. The chances are that they wouldnt know what they were talkin about, if they did say something.

basically, i disagree. i feel that if you dont know the answer, and you arent going to be any help, dont answer. no one wants to read a topic or a forum if half of the posts are "i dont know"s. posting like that is niether helpful to the community, nor helpful to what is being said.

if you post something and dont get a response, it just means that its over the ppl who looked's heads. it not an example of the community being unhelpful or ignorant.

and im not just saying this, i have a topic out right now without a single response, 40 views, and its on the fourth page. and its something important to me personally, but i havent gotten a response. even though i asked for any little helpful anythign that sumone may have, that could potentially help. but i guess no one knows, so im stuck trying to figure it out on my own.

~EleventySeven11
Basically if you read what I said, you would have seen the "I don't think thats possible" and "I don't know but has something about that" quotes.. Please read all of a post before disagreeing.
Old 01/05/2007, 02:10   #25

Well all I can say is that the same has and still is happening in the game itself.
More and more noobs(also known as br's) have come to the game and ruined the game(TEAM PLX MASTOR!).
It looks like these people have found their way to epvpers too
I know I'm quite noob too in programming but I use the search button before asking questions and i don't post useless comments, thats probably why I've only posted a few times on these forums^^, and I also don't beg for bots like SV simply because I don't deserve them
Just wanted to say this, you probably don't even care:P
Old 01/05/2007, 02:15   #26

i say we should only release hacks to those willing to help others. *cough* ppl with +5-10k or more *cough*
Old 01/05/2007, 08:40   #27

wow just found something funny.
a user with only 1 post posting with caps asking for duping hacckhack. And ppl gently said it wasnt possible. O.o

link:
Old 01/09/2007, 07:01   #28

Quote:
Originally posted by Violent_Plague+Jan 5 2007, 01:32--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Violent_Plague @ Jan 5 2007, 01:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--EleventySeven11@Jan 4 2007, 23:58

~EleventySeven11
Basically if you read what I said, you would have seen the "I don't think thats possible" and "I don't know but has something about that" quotes.. Please read all of a post before disagreeing. [/b][/quote]
thats exactly the part i made my comment on, maybe i just wasnt clear enough

my point was that you are encouraging people to make posts when they dont know anything. and you said that pretty obviously. you said:
"the people here aren't as helpful as you all claim. Instead of "Im not sure thats possible" or "I dont know, but has something about it", I received about a dozen reads and no replies. Don't paint a glowing picture of a not-so-bright surrounding."

you are asking for people to make replies such as "im not sure that is possible." and unless im missing the point, you want them to say "I dont know" if they dont know.

given that information, go back and read my post, see if it makes sense

~EleventySeven11
Old 01/09/2007, 07:58   #29

Open only main under 100 posts Or open only main under 1 karma pr ?

I know many people coming here, taking everything, using it in GW and even sending to friends without saying where is comes from and not posting here at all just to say "I'm not a cheater, i read but i don't use" !

But everyone think i'm a cheater coz i answer, but other more aren't clean ! lol
Old 01/09/2007, 08:28   #30

I think the forum should be controlled by access or should I say only "members" can access into the forum. Since there are alot of users in this forum already, and this forum is very "well known" already, why not do something to earn some extra cash?

For those who contribute to the forum: Free access (to be judged by admin)
For those "noobs" or "leechers" like me: Pay a certain amount of money to become a member to access for maybe 1 month??

In this way, the admin can control the whole community better in a sense that people who uses do not abuse or takes things for granted in the forum. It will be a "win win" situation for epvp community.

This is my own personal view on this matter.....