Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 02:13

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

About "hackers" and "scammers"

Discussion on About "hackers" and "scammers" within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Ok i am writing this just so the people who come on to epvp and post that they were "hacked" know what hacking actually is. I mean the difference between being hacked and scammed.

To those people out there who share there account with friends family ect...

If you log on to your account one day and get the invalid username id window, dont go around says you were hacked, chances are you where scammed by the person you were shareing your account with

Now, for someone to actually "hack" your account they would need to either know ALOT about computers and how they work
Or they could have done it the simple way, planted a keylogger on to a link, site, or download which is how most people get "hacked" or have there accounts stolen

Now if anyone has been actually hacked, as in you never do anything on your computer other than go on conquer and your account was stolen im sorry about this article its just the chances of someone really beeing hacked is very little

So please, before you go spamming anywhere that your account has been hacked, think, because when you come on saying your friend "hacked" you its sounds very stupid

Ok, im done, i had to vent some frustration about this, and if anyone still has to spamm about how they were "hacked" like if you just have an impluse to do it, do it here dont make more threads
Old 09/18/2006, 23:00   #2

Yeah players are always spamming the trade boards and forums about scammers and hackers. They're all equally stupid imo, regardless of whether or not they understand the correct terminology to use.

I mean really, someone has to be a complete dumbass to get hacked or scammed.

Account sharing/loaning items = Idiot
Not using common sense when downloading programs = Idiot
Old 09/18/2006, 23:09   #3

Quote:
Originally posted by Tombstone@Sep 18 2006, 23:00
Yeah players are always spamming the trade boards and forums about scammers and hackers. They're all equally stupid imo, regardless of whether or not they understand the correct terminology to use.

I mean really, someone has to be a complete dumbass to get hacked or scammed.

Yeah man i completle agree with you

I mean i wouldnt care so much if they just kept it to themselves and figured out how to overcome there problems without annoying us

But regardless how i feel i know they will keep on doing it so maybe atleast while they are spamming on epvp they can spam there scammed, hacked problems here id rather have 1 big spam thread than 10 little ones
Old 09/18/2006, 23:10   #4

eh, theres alot of people on Dreams:Glory server that say they were "hacked", and quitting. I just think they shared with the wrong people and got what they asked for.
Old 09/18/2006, 23:14   #5

Yeah that the problem, with all the hacks scammed thread everywhere, i mean i share my account with one person and the only reason i do that is because he lives across the street and i can easily kick his *** if he does do anything to my account
Old 09/18/2006, 23:24   #6

what about people that told people they know in real life their passwords, they "fell-out" and one person steals from the other?
Old 09/18/2006, 23:30   #7

Quote:
Originally posted by Tombstone@Sep 18 2006, 23:00
Old 09/18/2006, 23:30   #8

Sorry ferret but what do you mean in "fell out" like accidentaly told someone or something, in that case id get my friend to find out who got my stufff and get it back but since im in the process of quiting right now i wouldnt care much anyway
Old 09/19/2006, 15:01   #9

Very true I agree with you all the way, but keylogging is kinda hacking because that is a macro or file or something.....