Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 19:47

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Background Behind Qonquer

Discussion on Background Behind Qonquer within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,252
Well... lets see how I should begin this.
Here is some background info on me, incase you want to know. I started playing Qonquer around end of September (2005), before the closed alpha. At that point, some people were invited in, including Mr.Teenie. I was still not a part of thatl; but knowing Teenie, i asked him if he could message me so that I could join the closed pre-alpha. Well it all went well, I joined, stayd around had some fun, and asked Ste (Qonquer) if I could be a GM... He said yes.. oh and how happy I was. After that, when we started having monsters, spawns, etc, me, and abs mostly started doing them, because the other GM, such as teenie was kicked out, and others just left. Lets fast forward a little bit now, to when QHs were added... It was all fine, and then came the Admin Panel. What a releif that was, we could now do any monsters, spawns, not have to do everything thru Ste. It was all fun, and even more fun when we got QOProxy... of course then, there was a problem... I was so greedy, i traded someone the qoproxy, for an archer.... I was a fool to do that.. anyways, i felt really shit for some time for doing it.. and all around runing CO... Yes you can blame me for it. Anyways, after all that was ok, all of a sudden, I log on and see Basa[PM]... i thinking hmm WTF????? IS GOING ON? anyways.. a few days passed, and I see a new person.. Caerlith[PM]/Cingiin[PM]... once again im like WTF???... ok not long passes, the only remaining GM, besides me (Absolute) logs on and I see Abs0lute[PM]... ok at that time I was so angry... I didnt know what to do... I got passed that eventually, but still remains in my mind. Ok, now lets fast forward to near present once again. I am still not a PM, yet me and Abs did relatively the same work, more then basa of course, and Cingiin.... but ok.. Im still not a PM.. Im not a beggar, so I wont ask... They just got made PMs out of nowhere... but doesnt matter, it passed... Ok well, lets go closer to present... when a new person was made QH... Josh...OK so that passed.. kinda upset me, since why do we need another QH?.. Ok well no problem... we got to around July, when I left for summer vacation for about two months.... In this whole time, Im not sure if there was 1 major update, ok whats going on, is Ste not interested in Qonquer anymore? why doesnt he tell us? It happens often.... but he should tell us... Is he working? He was working before, but he was also updating the server... Ok well then came when the new rule came out, u cant kill anyone with your Staff account. This happened while I was still in vacation in Europe.. I said "lol thats not good "... but ok.... I came back home, to find almost everything the same as I left before... O well, time to go on, and have sum fun.. Oh no I rememberd the rule.. Ok I log on, stay on for 5 minutes... wtf am I suppose to do? I log off... log on the next day... same thing.. etc... until I decided that this was not really a place for me anymore... Qonquer does not stand for what it should truly stand anymore.... But I did... until I log on oe afternoon, and was setting someone dual bs (afterwhich i was removing it), when someone named 204xxx (forgot name) and I go look who it is.. THe reason I was looking is because someone banned the character I was doing dual bs on.... OK well I look and see its Basa's char... I ask whos on it just to make sure, and why he did that... then he says "He was wearing dual bs, so I banned him".... ok i asked why, and he said not allowed, and i told him i was unequipping.. Anyway when I ask who it was, the response was Abs0lute.. so at that point, I just couldnt take it anymore... Basa is basically taking control over this project, rules are no longer applied to him (because account sharing was forbidden no matter what).. Right then, I just went to Gm panel, renamed my character, changed my email to some random lettrs and numbers, which would never belong to any website... impossible to actually... and change my password to random numbers also, so I cant retrieve, log on, or do anything anymore, so I wouldnt do anything bad... Really... with all the new rules, and how often I see basa and abs0lute on anymore... it seems we are becoming more like Conquer not Qonquer... I know isaac and josh will be active now.. for some time, but they will stop coming on, just like Basa .... And another thing... Justin was meant to be a GM... before I quit? WHAT IS the story on that? Both Caffiene and Isaac had been longer and better Qhs then him... But of course, Caffiene could not be a GM Snowdrop said, because he once accessed my and Cingiins gm accounts.. it was for a brief moment.. but that really was it. Isaac in turn was made Gm because I quit, and of course I suggested both caffiene and isaac as gms as my last wish.... well, really, Qonquer is becoming corrupt, no matter what you think of it. Fairness is achieved to the players, but not to the staff, like my self. I worked so much for them, they really never ever thanked me... Really, right now I could have access to GM panel, anyone could, if I hadnt found that bug... but Ok... So Im done, I stop going on the forums, I stop even thinking about Qonquer... its really a shame, because I was there for almost a year... well for a full year, yet... nothing changed for me, no matter what I did... And Basa starts being a suckup to Snowdrop now... Here is a recent conversation of me and Snowdrop:

Snowdrop... says:
i dont do arguing, its the way it is... u both left and its the end of it
Dan says:
k well.. ill post the whole story in offtopic... and dont get me wrong.. i didnt quit because of the rules
Dan says:
its just 1 part...
Snowdrop.. says:
any staffin posts will be removed, they are not up for open discussion
Dan says:
Dan says:
ok ill post on epvp
Dan says:
i want to see other peoples opinions
Snowdrop... says:
woteva

At this point, I could see she was angry.. so no use talking to her anymore. Really.. all things piled up, and it seems they just had to break out.. And for all of you who think I quit because of that pKing rule, it was way more than that. I really do hope they get back on the real road, and continue for that they planned to achieve... So now I am posting this for you to read.

Sincerely,
Dan[GM] (no longer GM)
Old 09/13/2006, 00:30   #2

elite*gold: 0
thats sucky, oh well, people are stupid and from what youve said, i reckon itll be almost the same as CO but with negligable differences
Old 09/13/2006, 00:32   #3

Well, sad to hear Dan..
Even thou I were on very little on QO

EDIT: Will eventually write much more in this post, so check up on it later.
Old 09/13/2006, 00:32   #4

=/ what **** you were a great gm too(even though i dont play qo much)
Old 09/13/2006, 00:37   #5

Bravo.
This is the real story.

Alex[QH] (no longer QH >_>)
Old 09/13/2006, 01:07   #6

Hmmm...like they say:"Put one person in power and he will corrupt." Not the real quote, but I'm on my PSP, and dont feel like typing.
Old 09/13/2006, 01:22   #7

yeah, currupt. i remember getting banned for no reason, and then my friend asked why and he got banned too... power has gone to their heads
Old 09/13/2006, 02:45   #8

paragraphs woulda been nice, hard to read but anyway i never played Qonquer, serious its only a game, if it was rl work id feel sorry for you but it aint its a game it dont affect ur life at all, move on
Old 09/13/2006, 03:02   #9

That sucks dude... I might have been able to be a GM a long time ago but absolute applied earlier than me.. And by the time I asked, it was full (Or so they claimed)
Old 09/13/2006, 03:47   #10

Quote:
Originally posted by tester@Sep 13 2006, 02:45
paragraphs woulda been nice, hard to read but anyway i never played Qonquer, serious its only a game, if it was rl work id feel sorry for you but it aint its a game it dont affect ur life at all, move on
u dumb *** u ****** HATE when ppl say "Its just a game". I saw a quote before.... and it said something liek this "This is just a game, But these are real people." i totally agree with that. Those r REAL PEOPLE in the game. Thats what makes it fun. Think about this: CO with no other chars. Just u lvling etc. No REAL pvp since there r no other ppl. that would b just a game, and that would b GAY. So dont just say "its just a game". think abou it next time.
Old 09/13/2006, 06:00   #11

Man I love doing this :P
Ok, let's get started from the top down:
Quote:
u dumb ass u fuckin HATE when ppl say "Its just a game".
When did he say that? Seemed to me he thought the same way:P
Quote:
"This is just a game, But these are real people."
Yup, Its in Tombstone's Sig. And I agree with both parts, it IS just a game, and there ARE real people BEHIND the fake, pixelated video game characters they play as.
Quote:
So dont just say "its just a game". think abou it next time.
Thought about it. Its just a game.
Hold on, I'm waiting to see if I said that there werent real people playing the game.
Nope I didnt.
I do think what they did to Dan was wrong, but that doesnt make QO anything more than a game. It makes the relationship with its PLAYERS change. The game is just merely a place for them to meet.

I love to see a post like yours, very little to say but "F" this and that, I saw a quote here, its more than just a game etc.

Things like that are why video games will become banned because "My son shot a Cop cuz of GTA."
Listen to yourself, you are saying "This is not a game."
One question,
Then what is it?
-----------------------------------
Its ok, Im ready for the critisizm.
It doesnt bother me when people argue how a video game "Isnt just a game."
You can tell me that i am flaming, thats ok, but I'm not. I have not said a single vulgar remark towards him or anybody. If I'm flaming anything, its this string of letters:
"So dont just say "its just a game". think abou it next time."
Old 09/13/2006, 06:31   #12

WAIT WAIT WAIT
Quote:
Originally posted by XtremeX-CO@Sep 12 2006, 16:24
and even more fun when we got QOProxy... of course then, there was a problem... I was so greedy, i traded someone the qoproxy, for an archer.... I was a fool to do that.. anyways, i felt really **** for some time for doing it.. and all around runing CO... Yes you can blame me for it.
SO YOUR SAYING YOUR THE ONE THAT LEAKED QO PROXY THANKS A LOT FOR MY *** GETTING OWNED BY NOOB BR'S EVERY GW FROM THAT DAY ON
Old 09/13/2006, 06:35   #13

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,252
... no i was part of it, danny was the other one... i gave it to roman actually.. i was a fool. blame me
Old 09/13/2006, 08:34   #14

Naw man you're cool. So what if n00bs got ahold of something to act like they are cool?
Old 09/13/2006, 12:25   #15

As far as the whole "It's just a game" line that we've all heard repeated over and over by various people including myself at sometime or another, here's my technical take on it... This is just my two cents worth, you can agree or disagree, your choice. But the statement, "It's just a game" does not, never has and never will apply to any mmporg, especially not an mmporg as chaotic as Conquer.

<span style='color:red'>Something that is just a game, can't hurt you. Conquer can not only hurt you, it can devastate you.

Here's an example of something that I think you CAN say is "just a game"...
If I'm involved in a single player rpg on my ps2, yes it's just a game. No matter how many times I may or may not get frustrated, I'm permanently in my safe zone therefore I'm ok. Why? Because every single detail of the game is entirely 100% computer generated, therefore I will NEVER feel intimidated or uncomfortable in any way.

Ok so that's an example of what technically can safely be said is "just a game". And here's why I think Conquer is most definitely not "just a game"...

The only thing computer generated in Conquer is the graphics. The atmosphere and enviornment in which you play in and are affected by day to day, are entirely created and determined in whole by the consequences (good or bad) resulting from your interactions (positive or negative) with the community of players on your individual server.

All human beings have complex feelings and emotions which are influenced and affected via our interaction with, and observation of, other human beings.

Now, considering that every pixelated character you see or interact with in Conquer is in turn represented by a real flesh & blood person, then it can be ascertained that Conquer possesses an established degree of realism in which your feelings and emotions can be and ARE influenced by real people.

Conquer is not just a game, because for it to be just a game... then everything in it would have to be computer generated, therefore not real. But the only things computer generated in Conquer are the graphics.

So if Conquer isn't "just a game", then what is it? How should it be classified? Personally I think the answer is quite obvious: Conquer is an MMPORG, and that is something completely and unquestionably outside the realm of a mere "game".</span>

[img]text2schild.php?smilienummer=1&text= Enjoy your game ' border='0' alt=' Enjoy your game ' />
Closed Thread