Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 01:57

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Trouble Logging In on Comet Source

Discussion on Trouble Logging In on Comet Source within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation Trouble Logging In on Comet Source

Hey! 👋 I could use some help with an issue I'm encountering while trying to run the Comet source server.

I recently started learning C# and decided to create my own server using the Comet source. I followed the instructions provided on the page meticulously. Everything seemed smooth until I tried to log in to the client.

The problem is, that I keep getting an error message saying "server maintenance." But as far as I can tell, the server should be up and running.

I'm using client version 5187, which was provided by Spirited. I've also cross-checked the IP address inside the config file and on the loader, and they both seem to be correct.
Using conquer loader!

Has anyone else faced this issue before? Any ideas on how to resolve it?
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
attached screenshot of the issue!
Old 10/06/2023, 00:57   #2

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by maino12 View Post
Hey! 👋 I could use some help with an issue I'm encountering while trying to run the Comet source server.

I recently started learning C# and decided to create my own server using the Comet source. I followed the instructions provided on the page meticulously. Everything seemed smooth until I tried to log in to the client.

The problem is, that I keep getting an error message saying "server maintenance." But as far as I can tell, the server should be up and running.

I'm using client version 5187, which was provided by Spirited. I've also cross-checked the IP address inside the config file and on the loader, and they both seem to be correct.
Using conquer loader!

Has anyone else faced this issue before? Any ideas on how to resolve it?
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
attached screenshot of the issue!
Hey there! Is the IP address you're using your public IP? Or is it a private one within your home network (usually in the format 192.168.x.x)? If it's a public IP address, then make sure you're port forwarding correctly (there're guides on how to do that with your router if you're not familiar with what port forwarding is). Also, make sure you have the ports punched out in your firewall (whether it's a public or private IP).
Old 10/06/2023, 02:23   #3

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
Hey there! Is the IP address you're using your public IP? Or is it a private one within your home network (usually in the format 192.168.x.x)? If it's a public IP address, then make sure you're port forwarding correctly (there're guides on how to do that with your router if you're not familiar with what port forwarding is). Also, make sure you have the ports punched out in your firewall (whether it's a public or private IP).
Thanks for your reply, yes I did it.
i was looking for a solution on google and found a thread for you speaking about common issues like "server maintenance" and how to forward port to fix it.
i make it and still get this message.

check the screenshots for port forward

https://imgur.com/4Y7qLVf"

https://imgur.com/Vn1raw1"
Old 10/26/2023, 21:16   #4

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
This was answered off-forum, so just to close this out: the problem was that they were using an open source launcher that was misconfigured for unmodified server projects. Using the ConquerLoader that's available here (since the name was reused by someone else) fixed the issue.