Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 00:59

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Lesson

Discussion on Lesson within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
As many people have noticed, there is a huge lack of new programs being developed. So, I'm thinking about having an online (most likely chat room), multi-part lesson where I would lead some people through making a true proxy program that could possibly used for different CO programs. The lesson would most likely be in C# (easily adaptable to VB.NET) and would only be for those who were serious and signed up for it. Students would have to have working knowledge of C++, C#, VB.NET or a similar language, basic knowledge of packets (not CO specific) and TCP/IP, and a little knowledge of sockets (some of this can be taught in the lesson). I'd like to get the community's input on this before I commit to doing it. How many people would be seriously interested? Would other mods (esp IRC mods) be willing to help me out to make this work? Any other comments or suggestions?
Old 01/08/2006, 23:52   #2

I'd be highly interested and willing to hold server work for the program . Lemme know if you need anything for it, besides php, lol

Also, i'd be more then serious in learning more in proxy work ^_^

-einhornchen
Old 01/09/2006, 03:43   #3

yeah, id be interested. i used to do sockets with vb6 back in the day. ive done some vb.net and c#, php, etc..
Old 01/09/2006, 04:11   #4

I'd be interested too, but not specificly for making a proxy program. It'll be cool if it was lessons to create common programs and/or improve existing programs (like cs bot or oredroppers or anything like that), and include rewiews of different languages for people who learned some of them but not some others, or didn't used some for long. A real true teaching lesson.
I think you already though of that but wanted to be sure. ^^
Old 01/09/2006, 10:35   #5

It's good to see at least a bit of interest here. Perhaps I can inspire a bit more: this proxy that I'm going to be teaching people to make can be used to fairly easily create your own bots and fb/ss aimbots. Anyone else interested?
Old 01/09/2006, 20:28   #6

Id love to learn but i have lil knowledge of C++ ><
Old 01/10/2006, 17:59   #7

Quote:
Originally posted by Magpie@Jan 9 2006, 13:28
Id love to learn but i have lil knowledge of C++ ><
Same here, I would like to learn, but without much knowledge of C++ to start, I doubt I could be of much help.
Old 01/10/2006, 18:13   #8

I'd be extremely interested but I have no C++ knownlege and no packet knowlege, although I'd help you host it all I could.
Old 01/10/2006, 19:09   #9

Quote:
Originally posted by t3hn00bz0r@Jan 9 2006, 10:35
It's good to see at least a bit of interest here. Perhaps I can inspire a bit more: this proxy that I'm going to be teaching people to make can be used to fairly easily create your own bots and fb/ss aimbots. Anyone else interested?
I think this is a great idea... but try not to give TOO much away on how to write a FB/SS aimbot... sorta like the difference between giving someone a fish versus teaching them how to fish. Maybe point them to the ASM where the magic packets are encrypted and let them reverse it themselves...

I think we all agree that having a FB/SS aimbot readily available to everyone will ruin the game. And not just on TQ servers - my proxy aimbot works great on Qonquer too...
Old 01/10/2006, 22:53   #10

It looks like there is enough of an interest in things, so I'll happily teach the class. Anyone who wants to be part of it will need a version of C#. For those of you who have Visual Studio 2003 or 2005 with C#, you wont need any other software. For those of you who dont, you can download it for free at

flowerpot: I absolutely agree. The goal of this lesson is to hopefully teach a few people how to play with the packets and start them developing programs that manipulate packets, not to just give the source for a proxy. A publicly available aimbot would really suck for everyone. I will not just hand over the algorithms for the spell attacks encryption. If someone really is interested, though, I will gladly point them in the right direction.
Old 01/11/2006, 12:02   #11

I am Extremely interested, due the test period Im into right now I dont have much team to learn c# though:/

My test-period is over thursday next week, so that weeks weekend would be great for meh

I have a C tutorial (dutch), but it doesnt explain anything about tcp/ip, could you please hook me up with one?

Dephending on what the host needs to be capable of, I can arrange one....
Old 01/11/2006, 16:49   #12

I tried to learn C++ and Python awhile back. It just never stuck >_<
Old 01/22/2006, 00:52   #13

It looks like there is enough interest to make this successful. I will talk to Lowfyr to see about hosting. For those of you who want to be involved: what time works best for you? Please include the day, time, and time zone. I hope to be able to do this sometime around next weekend.
Old 01/22/2006, 11:56   #14

how about 4 februari (thats saturday), at... 12 o'clock (GMT+1)?

this is in about two weeks, so if there wasnt much prepared, than there is still time to do so, furthermore any1 interested could read some tutorials (yet, I still need links, since I cant seem to find one >.<)
Old 01/23/2006, 05:21   #15

Is there any chance people could make a little bit later in the evening? Say 5 pm (GMT)? As I am in GMT -8, that is fairly early for me. For those of you who want some background on the topic:
I will be demonstrating synchronous socket access but I will be using multiple threads.
Thanks,
t3hn00z0r