Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 16:23

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Lottery- don't flame til you read please.

Discussion on Lottery- don't flame til you read please. within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Lottery- don't flame til you read please.

Ok, here is the thing, a few days ago i was playing minding my own business when i notice some guy from my server got a elite 1 soc warrior armor, cool. And then an hour later some other guy got the exact same item elite, 1 soc warrior armor. So i've been thinking and searching the threads here, and everyone tooks about box colors and stuff like that. Normally i don't believe such thoeries, everyone else think it is random. But how about that a certain box gives away a few certain types of itens after a few tries. Maybe not as random as once thought. So here goes what i got on my mind,

i took a bunch of cps and i used them all on one single box (nš16) i got a RDG, mettear pack, +1stone pack, expball, expball, RDG, mettearpack +1stonepack etc.. see where i'm getting at?? sounds strange, So i thought about it some more and i'm thinking, we the players are the ones that keep the lottery random, cuz very few people are likely to click the same box, over and over again, so what i'm think is that certain boxes give certain type of itens in a certain order. All i ask is for you guys to til in what box number did you get good itens, and once we see a certain pattern to the subject we try out that box a few times.

Might work, might not, but better then nothing i guess. give it a try please.

Thanks for your time. DragoNLegacY, back and ready to help.
Old 01/26/2009, 03:29   #2

elite*gold: 20
I've said it many times and I'll say it again.
Lottery is "random".
Its based on the pseudorandom number generator (PRNG), you click a box, does some random **** and you get the item.

Its not like "OMG I CLIKS DA RED BOX AND I GETS THE GOODS ITEMS!!", no.
Old 01/26/2009, 03:32   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinshi88 View Post
I've said it many times and I'll say it again.
Lottery is "random".
Its based on the pseudorandom number generator (PRNG), you click a box, does some random **** and you get the item.

Its not like "OMG I CLIKS DA RED BOX AND I GETS THE GOODS ITEMS!!", no.
bro, i know about random, learned programming in school, i thought it was random too. but expain why the hell i got same item pattern on one box? And why two guys got same item in less then an hour. Please feel free to explain why the random isn't as random as should be.
Old 01/26/2009, 03:36   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoNLegacY View Post
bro, i know about random, learned programming in school, i thought it was random too. but expain why the hell i got same item pattern on one box? And why two guys got same item in less then an hour. Please feel free to explain why the random isn't as random as should be.
Luck.
Old 01/26/2009, 03:43   #5

Could you tell me how far "etc.." goes =P
Old 01/26/2009, 03:44   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tao4229 View Post
Luck.
fine, you guys wanna think it's luck then go ahead, but it's not like you got anything to loss by trying do you? you depend on luck and random anyway so why not use you luck on a box that appears to give good itens more often. LOL
Old 01/26/2009, 04:10   #7

I don't really believe in luck, everything with programming happens because that's whats programmed.
Old 01/26/2009, 04:22   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiei3 View Post
Could you tell me how far "etc.." goes =P
Quote:
I don't really believe in luck, everything with programming happens because that's whats programmed.
etc goes for 1 more expball and 1 exppot :-S
luck is a number when it comes to programming, so i understand why everyone says it's random, thought so too for a long time, next time i have cps i will test better my idea and check out a box some says they got a good item from, to see if certain boxes follow a pattern, we have lots of exemples of patterns in this game: Metdove, CW waterlord, boss mobs from labs, so why not these boxes? cuz normally no one clicks same boxes twice, and since you can only go back 10 times each char you probably won't cycle though the full set of options for that box, and when someone else does and clicks that boxs, boom, good iten. I'm not saying it's the right anwser, but it's worth a try in my opinion.
Old 01/26/2009, 04:33   #9

Quote:
If you pick up a box that was programmed to have certain item at a certain time or whatever is considered to create random and get a good item, maybe you were lucky on picking that one because the box next to it was programmed to give you a crappy item at that moment.

What I mean, I think it depends on the point of view if luck exist or not for this kind of thing. It is established what item you are going to get on a certain box because it's programmed, but it is not established which box you're going to pick.

btw, Kinshi88 is lvl 285 now

@DragoNLegacY
So you got something like A-B-C-D-E-A-B-C-D-F, interesting.
I haven't experienced a pattern like you although I did the same (clicking the same box #9) a while ago.
Old 01/26/2009, 05:42   #10

All boxes go to the same piece of code to generate some sort of item.
The chance of getting higher items would obviously be lowered, so there isn't an equal chance of getting the items.

On the patterns; randomly generated numbers for instance have a pattern. Although to see that pattern, you would have to generate thousands upon thousands upon thousands of numbers, even then, the pattern wouldn't be clear.

So since all programmed "random generators" have patterns, you'll never see the pattern in Conquer.

All boxes have the same chance of getting the same items.
Old 01/26/2009, 07:46   #11

@kinshi... ur new av... its just so bad... i love it.

@the thread... its called algorithms ppl! i say this over and over again when people start talking about this **** and that oh-so-annoying "socket" thread... you can break algorithms and solve them. the more complex, the harder it is to do so. the more variables there are, the harder it is. now... there may be some ppl who claim to ahve the "answer"... i bet its some 15 year old kid... and not many of them can break a PRNG algorithm with... ((each box represents a permutation)) 20 variable permutations... we're talking about numbers with well over a thousand digits... who was is that studied programming in "school"? lemme know when you broke tqs codes. when you've done that, you'll have no use for this forum, or that silly "Buy TQ Points" button on the CO site. hmmm... another successful "STFU rant" by yours truly. UBER pwnag3.

now... i'll admit i have a lotto system, but i get mediocre items (which still fetch a nice haul in market) and the occasional awesome one. though mine stems from the theory of resetting the algorithm to its "0" or "1" point. (i'm not sure if their equation's lowest resolve is 1 or 0.) HOW IS THIS DONE YOU MIGHT ASK? i randomly click on boxes three or four times each in a pre-calculated fashion, after some one has hit a nice prize. and then click on a final one, in hopes for a big score, which occurs about 50-60% of the time.
key words: randomly, hope, about

have a nice day
Old 01/26/2009, 08:56   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothjonny View Post
@kinshi... ur new av... its just so bad... i love it.
Haha, thanks =D
Old 01/27/2009, 01:53   #13

@ smoothjonny When i said i studied programming, i'm talking evrything from pascal to VB, although i know that this is much more complex. Not hte point, i know about programming so i know what random and all of the above mean, and i never said that i had the answer, and never will cuz i know **** well what it would take to figure out the code and pattern on this thing, and i don't exactly do much programming nowadays, havn't done it since i was 20, anyhow, still not the point, what i'm trying to say is that is it or not possible that boxes are not as random as thought and that maybe we make them random ex: i get in lottery for first time, and think, which one do i pick?? if you havn't noticed, the boxes have different colors, most people will likely pick red. i did, and do, never got **** from them, so this morning (portugal) i went in and picked box number 2, got a miraculous Gourd, cool, told a friend, he got one 2 some days ago, asked him which box he picked, just happened to be number 2.. hum, **** we are both lucky and so on, we know, now why the hell we get same itens from same box? it seems to me that maybe although i do admit to a random code in each box, it is possible, that each box has a random code only for certain types of itens. I know it sounds stupid and what not, but answer this on simple question, IS IT POSSIBLE?? instead of each boxes giving every type of item, is it thinkable that each boxes randomizes between a list of specific itens? will that a bit easy to test if we post what itens we get from each box. if after a time we see that the same "good item" only comes out on one or two boxes then yes, if after a while we noticed that the same good item comes out in any boxes then that means that the random code is the same for all of them. TQ has shown that they to make diferente codes for same type of things, once again METDOVES, now i know it is not the same thing, but if they like random so much, why only have the real met doves show up at certain spawns, why not make it a matter of luck, like you might or might not get the 5 mets if you kill this dove.

Sorry to bore everyone with this subject, but i really would like to give it a try.
Old 01/27/2009, 01:57   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoNLegacY View Post
When i said i studied programming, i'm talking evrything from pascal to VB
That quote isn't helping your cause bro... =P Lolz.

And btw... Don't think what box you pick makes a different. I think it probably uses the same exact code for every box. But you might want to investigate the exact time a box is clicked. Obviously their code uses a random number generator.. and a lot of people use the time as a seed. Just a random idea. I seriously doubt you would ever be able to exploit this.
Old 01/27/2009, 02:18   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityd View Post
That quote isn't helping your cause bro... =P Lolz.

lol, never said i was a pro programmer, just that i know what it means to program lol. In c++ (if i'm not mistaken) the randomize function was based on the system clock time and some operation i don't recall to calulate the number. might be possible, but still, i think it could also be box based.