Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 18:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Lottery- don't flame til you read please.

Discussion on Lottery- don't flame til you read please. within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 01/28/2009, 01:06   #16

elite*gold: 0
14.Boxes
Today im found 2-socket-elite-boots
Game time is i think 07.37
Old 01/28/2009, 07:02   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinshi88 View Post
I've said it many times and I'll say it again.
Lottery is "random".
Its based on the pseudorandom number generator (PRNG), you click a box, does some random **** and you get the item.

Its not like "OMG I CLIKS DA RED BOX AND I GETS THE GOODS ITEMS!!", no.
You cant say that something IS random, then call it PSEUDO random.

if its pseudo, then its not quite? right. And since a computer cant pick a random number (hence the pseudo random number) then it would be possible to predict the outcome.

The only draw back here is that you would need hundreds of thousands of results, on each box, for each minute of the day, over several years before you could predict with any degree of certainty what's going to come out of any given box.

DragoNLegacY: Nice theory dude, but you don't have enough chars and dbs to pull out the results you need for your test.
Old 01/28/2009, 07:39   #18

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by beta.services View Post

if its pseudo, then its not quite? right. And since a computer cant pick a random number (hence the pseudo random number) then it would be possible to predict the outcome.

The only draw back here is that you would need hundreds of thousands of results, on each box, for each minute of the day, over several years before you could predict with any degree of certainty what's going to come out of any given box.

DragoNLegacY: Nice theory dude, but you don't have enough chars and dbs to pull out the results you need for your test.
I'm not retarded, I might know more about the Pseudo Random Algorithm than you (possibly... =P, if not, oh well, haha), that's why I put RANDOM in QUOTATION MARKS, CAUSE ITS NOT ACTUALLY RANDOM, AND I KNOW THAT!!!

And you just said exactly what I stated, just in more detail.. lol
Old 01/29/2009, 00:13   #19

Quote:
I'm not retarded, I might know more about the Pseudo Random Algorithm than you (possibly... =P, if not, oh well, haha), that's why I put RANDOM in QUOTATION MARKS, CAUSE ITS NOT ACTUALLY RANDOM, AND I KNOW THAT!!!

And you just said exactly what I stated, just in more detail.. lol
Sorry dude. Was just using what you said as a segue into my explanation. No flame intended.
Old 01/29/2009, 01:50   #20

I agree with kinshi its random. But....

Quote:
All boxes have the same chance of getting the same items.
That is incorrect to a degree. And I will explain that below.

everybox has a set or list what have you of items it gives out normally and not normally.

consider it like 3 stages of items

Stage1 - met, flower, +1, +2, +3stones, +1 stone pack, met tear pack, class bag (ref,uni), and money bags up to class 4, and GARBAGE

Stage2 - Elite 1 socket gear (chest, braclet, boot...ect) and elite 2 socket weapons, class 5-7 money bags, super items, Dragonballs, +4 stones, Clean Waters, Black Tullips...ect

Stage3 - Elite 2 socket Gear, Class 8-10 money bags, +8 items and the other super rare stuff.

Stage 1 is box specific
Stage 2 is box specific
Stage 3 is ANY BOX IE competley Random

I started getting into lotto back in Eudemons when it first came out, i mapped every box with 30 attempts per box, and got a pretty good layout of the non-super rare gear.

Its similar NOT THE SAME in CO (since they took it from EU)

So by watching people play the lotto you can document all the stuff out of Stage2.

Onto the interesting stuff, I only use 2 boxes when I go in 14 and 10 they both yield the normal crap, followed by dbz and elite 1 socket gear. Like I said before asking were +8's come from is pointless as they are totally random per box. Ive seen them come out of 7 different boxes 1 actually being one i use all the time. So there you have it, if your looking for stage 1 and 2 items specifically they are set to boxes.\

ALL OF THE ABOVE IS TRUE AS FAR AS I KNOW
__________________________________________________ ____________________________
__________________________________________________ ____________________________

THIS BELOW IS ENTIRELY SPECULATION

I have 2 ideas, I like the second better, it seems more logical, but i'll keep the first for kicks

1)So now for me to get flamed it seems that there is an overarching generator for stage 3 items, which you would need to land a specific number probably out of 10,000 (complete guess) to get the super rare item, and a smaller generator used for a normal list of items (stage1 and stage2),

2)Either that or imagine a single generator per box like previously stated, and to get a super rare item you need to land a specific number within say 10,000. So suppose elite 2soc tro armor = 3822, but class 1 money bag is 3823-4423, the garbage items are assigned huge hit boxes if you will (in this case 600 out of 10,000 or a 1 in 16 chance), while the rare ones are a 1 in 10,000 chance.
Old 01/29/2009, 07:36   #21

Well worth a try so far i guess..

Here's mine at box 9

3 lily
1 met
1 garmet
1 exp pot
+3 stone
+3 stone
+1 stone pack
War uni pack
RDG
+2 stone

I'll keep posting when i go more lotto
Old 01/29/2009, 20:02   #22

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,377
well it does help alot (it seems) to use same box over and over.

Originally I always did box 19 (got I think 2 +6 stones from it, a +8 and a few sockets from it) then I switched to I think it was box 9 (not played co/lotto in a long time lol) and gotten loads of stuff from that. Again though, that's cause I put a SHITLOAD of cp into lotto, in the long run though I got more then my money back.
Old 01/29/2009, 21:44   #23

so basiclly the trick to this is find the box that gives the normal items that sell easiest, or are most usable to you. For instance my main box gives mostly mets, +1, +2, +3, +4, met tear packs, and warr and ninja unique bags normally. It has paid out 2 dbz 2 super items, and 1 soc elite braclet spending roughly 2k cp on that box, made (guessing) about 1kcp back, and about 90kk includeing anything i didint use for my gear, usually used all +3 stones

my box does not give flowers which i like becuase i find them a waste of time. 10 and 14

it does give disguise and fruit basket **** but that at least gives u a few cp back :\
Old 01/29/2009, 23:43   #24

BOX 2
soc coro
soc armor
socbraclet

box 7
2 soc dagger
Old 01/30/2009, 00:34   #25

well i've done lottery some times already and i started always picking the same box cuz according to a friend you had better chances of getting good items (which now i doubt it) but yea i got some similar items picking the same box like two super items, exp ***** and potions, but not in a exact pattern, like in a perfect order or anything, idk a friend of mine went to lottery enough times to pick all the boxes once and got a elite 1 soc armor... idk right now i am pretty sure it depends on luck or those random ****...
Old 01/31/2009, 03:26   #26

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by beta.services View Post
...we call it random because it seems random. the technical name is psuedorandom, because it it random based on an equation; equations have set parameters with a set number of outcomes... making it not random. hence the term: psuedorandom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoNLegacY View Post
@ smoothjonny ...[cut for length, read designated post]
i was just making the observation that many people "study" things... i could make the argument that i'm multilingual, however, am only FLUENT in one language... thus making me not truly multilingual...

i personally love the theoretically conversations about TQs "programming."
i hope they never end.
anything can be determined, i only stress the fact that these determinations would take quite some work. and as stated, my theory is workable, and just more general. it probably wont get you the best items, but will cut out alot of the shitty ones. that's what i would look for. i would rather have a bag of +1... alot easier to sell than the +8 elite shield. it took me three days to find a buyer for the shield. the stones are gone in a matter of hours. of course... one will bring more coin than the other.

i'm curious... does anyone have a theory that isn't a "pick this box at this time" theory?
Old 01/31/2009, 10:37   #27

its not so random that they whant`s to appear.....
i did the same **** and when u get a ref gem ur going down to ->met pack->amulets->mets->uniq/ref.....pack->......and then u get a item like class money bag/+3 stone after this there are 2 ways....1 u going down again...2 u getting a good ****....
if u get the 2sok/+8(any interesting item) keep klicking on thesame box and get in with another 2-3 chars ->same box u will get verry f**king lucky.

pPS. all don`t get mad on me for what i have sayd but i have won some +8/2sok items at lottery....not 1 item!
good luck and enjoi playing co!
Old 02/01/2009, 15:44   #28

It`s true that it follows the pseudo-random generator, but what if every box has a different algorithm? It may be possible this way that some boxes have a higher chance then others, but then again, IMO TQ is too lazy to do this.
Old 02/01/2009, 18:44   #29

elite*gold: 20
Code:
CREATE TABLE `cq_lottery` (
  `id` int(4) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `type` int(4) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `rank` tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `chance` int(4) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `prize_name` char(32) NOT NULL default '',
  `prize_item` int(4) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `color` tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `hole_num` tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
  `addition_lev` tinyint(1) unsigned NOT NULL default '0'
) TYPE=MyISAM;
Old 02/02/2009, 07:12   #30

Heres my pick yesterday... 4 char doing lotto..

Box 2
9 lily
1 met
+ 1 stone
+ 1 stone pack
+ 3 stone
met tear pack
Exp pot
Exp ball
+ 1 stone pack
Exp Ball

Box 2 again..
+ 1 stone
+ 2 stone
Exp Ball
3 lily
Class 3 money pack
+ 1 stone
Class 1 money pack
+1 stone pack
Exp pot
+ 2 stone

Got tired of box 2 , went to box 7..
Garmet
rdg
rpg
Class 4 money pack
+ 2 stone
Archer uni pack
Ninja ref pack
rfg
rrg
Class 1 money pack

Seems like i get more gems out of box 2..

Finally Box 8..
+ 3 stone
Warrior uni pack
lifefruit basket
1 met
1 met again
trojan Uni pack
+ 1 stone pack
some kind of amulet - (changed to 10 cps like the lifefruit basket)
Met tear pack
+ 1 stone

total 1080cps spend and i get **** items... but thats the lotto life!