Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 07:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

TQ's randoms (lottery, sockets, drops, etc)

Discussion on TQ's randoms (lottery, sockets, drops, etc) within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
TQ's randoms (lottery, sockets, drops, etc)

ok well ive been trying to think of ways to "beat the system" so to speak. I've been looking into the source for generic C random num generators (who would write a game in a different language?). Essentially if they wrote the game using windows then theres still a chance, but if they were using linux, and used the generic linux rand num generator then there's no way. I'm planning on writing a program to monitor the packets from conquer (since i dont have a translator for their chat logs) and log everytime somebody gets a db from monster or wins something good from lottery. Log the date, time, and item (or event) that happened and look for a pattern for when the good stuff comes in.

Since TQ people probably monitor sites like this i wont talk about the specifics of the rand num generators so they dont feel the need to change them, but if u wanna know then feel free to pm me. I'll also post the program if other people wanna try logging too or if somebody has a decoder for their chat logs it'd probably make things easier (plz lemme know).

plz post ur opinions on whether or not i should make definite results public cuz then tq would probably definitely mix things up (and ruin our fun once again).

Phew almost forgot to mention something. Please post/pm (if you think its safe to post then do so, TQ might be watching) any EDUCATED guesses as to how TQ figures out what random number goes to what prize. Do you think it'd be some number range gets you this item, etc? Do you think they would mod the random number with some smaller number for more percentage based figures? if so then what number to mod with? How the number of people that enter effect the results, etc. Anything that might be useful is appreciated. We're really just shooting in the dark here, but thats the great thing about computers, you just tell it what to check and give it a little time and it'll figure everything for you.

Mods feel free to censor anything you feel may cause TQ to possibly switch up their random tactics.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/02/2008, 02:17   #2

hi ML, can u have please send me ur tecqniques how to get good items in lottery and make soc in artisan in tc.. please send me
Old 12/02/2008, 04:06   #3

yea me too ill love anything u come up with !! +THANKS
Old 12/02/2008, 05:24   #4

elite*gold: 20
Guys, hes not going to help you leachers.
He wants some people that know stuff about it and can help him.

I wish you good luck.
Old 12/03/2008, 20:32   #5

i think i have the gem drop in mines sussed out BUT my theory is still under careful scrutiny, if someone wants to hear my theory and work with me in proving the theory right, PM me, but include your server i need to conduct this theory under certain conditions
Old 12/04/2008, 03:52   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinshi88 View Post
Guys, hes not going to help you leachers.
He wants some people that know stuff about it and can help him.

I wish you good luck.
Yup. E*PvP as I left it.
Old 12/04/2008, 06:48   #7

Received Thanks: 2,198
Let's just hope their random function is time-based .
Old 12/04/2008, 07:03   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmHawtness View Post
Let's just hope their random function is time-based .
Which it definitely isn't.
Old 12/04/2008, 19:22   #9

after a little more thought i've determined that its pretty much pointless to do this. As a beginning programmer knows you want to use the same instance (OO) or same seed as much as possible. Well since there are so many things going on in a CO server at once that (probably) use the random, theres no way to be able to be the nth number person to call random in order to get the exact number you want.
Old 12/04/2008, 19:30   #10

Quote:
Please explain?
Old 12/04/2008, 20:17   #11

even its time base, what can u do about it?
time base random generator DOES NOT base on just certain minutes or seconds, but more precise ms, then it insert in a matrix to calculate "random"
so what are the chances that u can click on a time 12:00:00.000 even u know at 12, u can get a socket
Old 12/04/2008, 20:17   #12

Received Thanks: 2,198
Quote:
... *Awkward silence* ....... *cough*....