Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 17:08

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

SV Question

Discussion on SV Question within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old 09/28/2008, 21:48   #16

elite*gold: 0
ok guys well i just installed VMWare with windows xp sp3

i am able to bot perfectly using VMWare but the only problem is i have a low FPS but at least i still have control over my mouse =D

i guess this is proof that it can be done without it having to be active? im sure you guys can think of a way to fix this up without having to use VMWare
Old 09/29/2008, 15:49   #17

Last time i checked co in VMware it didnt work due to ****** graphic card vmtools install in your virtual OS. Did u had any problem with that?
How many RAM takes vmware running with winxp + co?

Thx
Old 09/29/2008, 17:12   #18

Probly less comp resources usage, what about log in multiple user accounts or doing remote desktop on localhost?
Ill try remote desktop thing later, probly its better and easier than vmware
Old 09/29/2008, 17:22   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanxxxm View Post
dirtnapper@
of course it can be done, thats why "normal click" (that actually take over ur mouse, and move around, just like ur mouse clicks) programs that require active screen is not detected and throw u to jail
yeah, i can see that working, but what i was getting at, is why can't it be done on a minimized screen? if it's just a signal, why not input a "false" signal, so the program thinks it's clicking a mouse?
Old 09/29/2008, 17:34   #20

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,525
dirtnapper@
because for the signal of controlclick (background) clicks require hook a DLLcall in client
so possibly, co detects by checking if any dll hook to client
for example, normal clicks send click by u define a XY coordinate, and it will just click it, doesnt matter what program it click on, just click XY
but on the other hand, controlclick, as u might have get it by now, u need to hook ur program, telling it to specific click on a certain program. for that hook step, it requires calling a dll

or another possible way for CO to detect is:
if client not active, there should be no movements and attacks
if there is movements and attacks for more than a certain period/times, then send to jail
Old 09/29/2008, 20:36   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by soymadmax View Post
Probly less comp resources usage, what about log in multiple user accounts or doing remote desktop on localhost?
Ill try remote desktop thing later, probly its better and easier than vmware
****, windows xp pro only allow ppl to open 1 sesion if u are using remote desktop.

Anyone could test it with XP64 or win2k3 server?

If I find time ill test if conquer works over win2k3 at work.
Old 09/30/2008, 16:16   #22

hmmm. well, if someone can't figure out how to get around it, SV is definitely NOT worth $5 a month for just one char. maybe a $1. But if they don't get it to work on multiple chars i will not be renewing my subscription.
Old 09/30/2008, 16:30   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtnapper View Post
hmmm. well, if someone can't figure out how to get around it, SV is definitely NOT worth $5 a month for just one char. maybe a $1. But if they don't get it to work on multiple chars i will not be renewing my subscription.
I just told sv this exact same thing. I asked them if they were any closer to fixing it. Please send them an email letting them know how you feel. If enough of us do that it might help. I'll let you know if they reply to me.
Old 09/30/2008, 16:33   #24

I've done the same thing. My subscription runs out at end of Oct. And not renewing if they dont have it fixed.
Old 09/30/2008, 17:52   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by soymadmax View Post
Last time i checked co in VMware it didnt work due to ****** graphic card vmtools install in your virtual OS. Did u had any problem with that?
How many RAM takes vmware running with winxp + co?

Thx
not sure on the ram but it really slows my whole PC down.

i only have 1Gb of ram, nvidia 7600GS, 2x 3.4ghz processor and plus im running vista lol

the graphics are fine on the CO running in VMware