Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2
You last visited: Today at 21:44

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

ALL READ THIS!!!! POLL FOR NEW PUBLIC SECTION!!

Discussion on ALL READ THIS!!!! POLL FOR NEW PUBLIC SECTION!! within the Conquer Online 2 forum part of the MMORPGs category.

View Poll Results: Are you interested in this concept?? Would you want to participate??
Yes I am interested. 57 41.91%
Yes I am interested and I would like to participate. 72 52.94%
No I am not interested and I would not participate. 7 5.15%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,066
Exclamation ALL READ THIS!!!! POLL FOR NEW PUBLIC SECTION!!

Before I start, PLEASE READ THROUGH THIS WHOLE POST IF YOU ARE PARTICIPATING IN A VOTE!!

Hello everyone in the CO2 Section,

I have thought up and discussed this new concept with a few of the Level 2 members and have come to the conclusion to ask the public to see if it is a popular concept with active, or new members.

I have thought of @requesting to make a NEW SECTION which is dedicated to programming. Myself and a few other members have made the decision that we would dedicate time for reading and helping members with their programming knowledge, and we would teach coding in the areas we know.

This would basically be a section only for programming discussion and it would give the people who want to learn programming the opportunity for learning concepts and a language without signing up to many different tutorial sites, or buying books. As you know, the EliteUniversity is dead, so I thought it would get more peoples attention and participation if it was in this section.

There are also rules regarding this section and they are below:

[NOTE:] Bold rules are rules which will NOT be changed.
  • It is discouraged that Program teachers will should not release source code which gives a public member full access into releasing a hack as your own, using the source (eg. Full Speedhack Source). If you have to release a source in which will show the outcome, then that is accepted.
  • You are here to learn, and not to leech. Program teachers will not teach you "how to make a speed hack" or "how to make a zoom hack", they will teach you from the basics of coding to the most they know.
  • This section is here to give people interested in programming a chance to learn from there resources. Most of the resources on the internet which teach programming are hard to understand if you dont have any help, and some you have to pay for.
  • If you have knowledge which will help another out with their programming problem, please give them a hand as this is for your benefit.
  • No off-topic threads, as long as the thread is discussion on programming then it is allowed.
  • All questions will be taken into consideration and none will be considered above others.
Please read these guidelines and please post a vote and reply as to your thoughts.

I have to make this CRYSTAL CLEAR for everyone that this is a PUBLIC CONCEPT and it does not revolve around ME AT ALL!!! I dont make all the rules, I dont make all the guidelines, I am just here to give you all the opportunity of learning how to program with the help of some Adept -> Advanced coders. Please do not feel that I ALONE control the outcome of this project and I ALONE will not take suggestions, it involves other members aswell as myself.

Thanks again,
Hiyoal
Thanks
9 Users
Old 04/30/2008, 09:18   #2

elite*gold: 111
Sounds awsume :P
Really like the idea
Old 04/30/2008, 09:36   #3

elite*gold: 0
Yes, the idea is great, for those who want to learn more, who need help.This would be a great opportunity
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/30/2008, 10:02   #4

Received Thanks: 8,592
I have decided to sticky this thread for about 2 weeks, after this period is up we will check the feedback to see what the outcome will be.

#Stickied
Old 04/30/2008, 10:07   #5

very good!
Old 04/30/2008, 10:58   #6

Great idea, I'd like to learn more anout VB and C# / C++, only messing around with makro languages so far, they are not bad, but what can be done is limited.
Old 04/30/2008, 11:04   #7

Received Thanks: 1,000
I'd be a good addition to e*pvp forums. By the way, is it CO related coding or general coding? Either way it's fine, since they don't teach how to make these 'tools' in normal programming tutorials. :P
Old 04/30/2008, 11:08   #8

We will not be teaching how to make tools for CO, it is for general programming discussion and topics. We will not be specifically teaching you how to make bots/macros of any sort.

Hiyoal
Old 04/30/2008, 13:04   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiyoal View Post
We will not be teaching how to make tools for CO, it is for general programming discussion and topics. We will not be specifically teaching you how to make bots/macros of any sort.

Hiyoal

Yep- just coding in General- so incase we would like to do somthing else with our coding skillz- we can, because we didn't learn about how to code bots and macros, we learned how to code.
Old 04/30/2008, 13:31   #10

Received Thanks: 1,182
I think that this is a very good idea but I don't know if I have enough time for it.
Old 04/30/2008, 14:36   #11

Sounds good. I should go back coding then =[

I havent code ever since new comp
Old 04/30/2008, 21:08   #12

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <)
Old 04/30/2008, 22:34   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepisimon View Post
(_/)
(O.o)
(> <)
Meaningful...

Anyway, sounds like a good idea.
Old 04/30/2008, 23:01   #14

I would love to help .

Quote:
You are here to learn, and not to leech. Program teachers will not teach you "how to make a speed hack" or "how to make a zoom hack", they will teach you from the basics of coding to the most they know.
What do you mean exactly? Am I not allowed to post a tutorial in the section on reverse engineering a specific game?
Old 04/30/2008, 23:15   #15

Na, thats fine High, its just Im talking about releasing a full guide with open public source on making a speedhack or something else. If it is completely informal and if it requires the learner to specifically think for themselves in some parts then I would think it it to be OK.

What are your thoughts on this high, because if you want to be involved in informing and teaching, then you have rights into what rules are set etc.

Hiyoal
Closed Thread