No,keep ur knowledge for u...
I agree totally with unknowone
This is dead-end
The real way to be a coder or what the hell is called is through himself and his comp.
No1 else can teach coding except we to our selfs
I think it will fail
My thoughts,and i dont mean to discourage u
It means a lot u try to make the best of this Community.
But think what just unknownone said...
Then you obviously didnt read Unknownones thread. There are a group of us willing to teach people, and it doesnt take JUST yourself how to code. If you get help, its alot easier...And i think that Unknown would agree with that statement.
Unknown said that he would write up a few examples if we got a few people into this, which doesnt mean this whole thing isnt a flop. He just said that the poll was a waste because it wont give a true result of people wanting to learn.
Please think about the actual topic before discussing.
No,keep ur knowledge for u...
I agree totally with unknowone
This is dead-end
The real way to be a coder or what the hell is called is through himself and his comp.
No1 else can teach coding except we to our selfs
I think it will fail
My thoughts,and i dont mean to discourage u
It means a lot u try to make the best of this Community.
But think what just unknownone said...
You kinda misunderstood my post. I don't think the forum will be a dead-end at this stage. I'm just encouraging them to think about it, and create some material to put into it before they go ahead and make the same mistake as with EU. I don't disagree with the concept if they can manage it well either.
It's true somewhat that coding is self-taught. That's obvious from the few computing books that sell these days. The way to learn to code is to bash away at it, and use sources like google when you hit a wall. However, you need to start somewhere, and using a search engine, or asking you friend who know a little bit of VB isn't the best source for that. "The internet" in general will probably point beginner coders to Java and C#, but they're way off - neither of those is 'ideal' for gamehacking, though they can be used for it. Having somewhere to start may encourage those that are clueless on the subject.
I don't agree with keeping knowledge to ones self at all, I would share everything I know if I had the literative skills to compile it all into books and whatnot. The problem is giving people the knowledge they need without wasting your time (ie, the knowledge is already readily available if they search), and this is where I see it not worthwhile to create a section, unless you can provide new, useful material, or link to the relative materials where needed. And importantly, keeping things up to date, discarding things that are out of date. That's something that a search engine can't do, and people end up learning something that they shouldn't.
You kinda misunderstood my post. I don't think the forum will be a dead-end at this stage. I'm just encouraging them to think about it, and create some material to put into it before they go ahead and make the same mistake as with EU. I don't disagree with the concept if they can manage it well either.
It's true somewhat that coding is self-taught. That's obvious from the few computing books that sell these days. The way to learn to code is to bash away at it, and use sources like google when you hit a wall. However, you need to start somewhere, and using a search engine, or asking you friend who know a little bit of VB isn't the best source for that. "The internet" in general will probably point beginner coders to Java and C#, but they're way off - neither of those is 'ideal' for gamehacking, though they can be used for it. Having somewhere to start may encourage those that are clueless on the subject.
I don't agree with keeping knowledge to ones self at all, I would share everything I know if I had the literative skills to compile it all into books and whatnot. The problem is giving people the knowledge they need without wasting your time (ie, the knowledge is already readily available if they search), and this is where I see it not worthwhile to create a section, unless you can provide new, useful material, or link to the relative materials where needed. And importantly, keeping things up to date, discarding things that are out of date. That's something that a search engine can't do, and people end up learning something that they shouldn't.
Hearing your points I would have to say that I have discussed this concept with a few people and we are dedicated to keeping all questions under control and keeping concepts new. Did you read my other post?? I had some questions there for you
Thanks for your feedback btw, its really helpful to see what we have to stop and to see what has to be done, rather than just seeing where the rabbit hole ends.
I have been lurking on epvp since 4 years ago. But 1.5years since i've started hanging around here, i decided i need another account, so i changed to this one. Even so, i am still a senior member. I am aware of the advanced coders on epvp who has continuously shown their abilities in programming.
Inspired by these great programmers here, i took about programming about 2 years ago. Since i learn it at my own pace, and also challenged by a lot of school work, i wasn't able to learn at a good pace. Nonetheless, i am still making an effort to keep my learning going.
I am interested in C++ programming(vc++ 6). This has always been my one and only programming language.I would like to learn more about OOP, how to use debugger(which i don't know how to use right now) , and efficiency in codes.
Above all, i am raising both hands for this proposal.
GRAND CHASE PHILIPPINES section RULES [READ] This Section, if for discussion,request 01/20/2010 - Grand Chase Philippines - 6 Replies GRAND CHASE PHILIPPINES section RULES
This Section, if for discussion,request only
if you want to ask question or help about Grand Chase post in GRAND CHASE section (MAIN section)
if you want to discuss in Tagalog or Philippine Language,Post it here
Have a nice day!