To the intel duo/quad/extreme out there, Can u please advise how many screen u can open and your pc specifications please. I'm planning on getting a new pc and this is one of the stuff i need to consider. Thanks for all you time and info.
I have run about 5 clients maximum at once on my laptops 1.8 ghz processor without any lag and its just a standard AMD processor. Also the clients would also be based of your graphics card i would imagine as its rendering more graphics with each new client.
The key is ram, not really processor. I can load up at least 10-20 clients on my AMD X2 but that's because I have 4gb of ram. Processor does help, but it gets slow when your ram overflows onto your hdd.
To the intel duo/quad/extreme out there, Can u please advise how many screen u can open and your pc specifications please. I'm planning on getting a new pc and this is one of the stuff i need to consider. Thanks for all you time and info.
Well, i've got a 2yr Old Tosh laptop with a 1.6ghz celeron and only 512mb ram... I can open up to 4 clients with very little lag (thats on wireless aswell ) Whereas the main machine upstairs has a 2.4ghz Pent 4, 2gb ram and a GeForce 4 GFX card... that one can have about 12/13 then it goes *poof* in a cloud of smoke
*cough*cough* turn to the ger pc's if u want a good deal.. i know a sick *** pc betta then all the specs u lot mentioned.. for about £350 in uk money
This topic isn't about how good our comps are.. mine is like 6 years old, it's about how many co windows we can open so the threadstarter can better decide what to buy.
Again, RAM is the biggest key to loading up more of -anything-. While you can load 100 clients on 256mb of ram, you're not going to be moving anywhere. If you can, 3gb on normal XP or 4gb on x64. If possible, go 6-8GB on x64. My next system I'm building here in a month or two will have 8gb. I don't know what to expect with it as I've never used a system with more than 4gb but what I do know is that 2->4gb was a vast increase in power. When I first built this comp I was using my old processor before I got my x64 so I saw the power difference of going from 2->4gb of ram and a processor switch of 2->2.4x2. The ram helped far more than the processor did.
Minimum of at LEAST 2gb of ram. 4gb is recommended. As for processor, if you're looking for dual/quad core, just get whatever looks good really. As far as Intel goes, most of their recent processors are decent. Just stay away from PentiumD :P If you go AMD, hold off for the quad cores they're coming out with. Hopefully it won't be a disappointment.
Macht ein quad Sinn? 11/09/2008 - Technical Support - 4 Replies Hey,
ich weiss das ist mit sicherheit der 462365473. thread von wegen "blabla neuer pc blabla" aber nichtsdestotrotz hab ich 2-3 fragen da die meisten threads etwas outdates sind.
zum ersten muss es überhaupt ein quad core sein?
ich hätte da den q9550 im auge gehabt wobei ich mir net sicher bin ob der E8500 nicht ausreichen würde da der E8600 im preis/leistungsverhältnis zum 8500 zu teuer ist.
Auf der anderen Seite was ist wenn ich mit mehreren clients spielen wollte-was ja mit meiner...
Vista 64 + quad core. 06/07/2008 - Kal Online - 8 Replies Is there anyway to make revo 8.3 + rootkit work on vista ultimate 64 and quad core processor ?
I am even ready to pay if someone tell me how.
Thanks.
Quad core and any uce. 05/06/2008 - Kal Online - 3 Replies Hei i put vista down for a while and install XP again but uce still don't work ... Is there any way to make uce work on quad core ?
pc quad 01/11/2008 - Main - 4 Replies halloich habe mir überlegt einen quad zu holen ich habe dafür 300 € nun ist die frage
1.brauche ich unbedingt einen quad oder geht auch 2duo :confused:
2.einen von intel oder amd:confused:
und nochgwas ich muss damit eigendlich alles machen ab und zu ehr selten convertieren ,umwandeln usw. aber ich will damit mehr zocken und dann noch ins internet zum sagen und gröserer dateien von a nach b schieben (kopieren)
:confused:
hoffe ihr könnt mir helfen.DANKE