Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 10:19

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Sounds

Discussion on Sounds within the CO2 Weapon, Armor, Effects & Interface edits forum part of the CO2 Guides & Templates category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Sounds

Well first off let me say that I know where the sound files are kept as in bell.wav for mets and dbs. What I am trying to do here is edit the code of the client itself so that the path of the sound is different for mets, dbs, even scrolls and gems when they drop. Example: When you get a met drop it would play say the sound of an explosion. When you get a db drop it would play the sound of a dragon roar. So what I am needing to find it the file in the client that tells the client to go and get the sound bell.wav when a met or db drops. All I need is to know which file in the client holds this information. I can do the edits myself. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 08/23/2007, 04:43   #2

#moved.

1. Question not allowed at the ****Edit other section. Question only at main section :P
2. You could find the thread using search function.
3. You could try to get it at linklist.

DM
Old 08/23/2007, 05:44   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DM2000 View Post
#moved.

1. Question not allowed at the main section.
2. You could find the thread using search function.
3. You could try to get it at linklist.

DM
1. I attempted to post this where it belonged, if it went else where that is not my fault. I clicked new topic in the section that it belonged in which is client edits. That section did not say no questions allowed.
2. I did search and found nothing but a bunch of stuff about changing files in the sounds folder which is not what I am wanting.
3. Your forum is so screwed up now with the new format that links are a bunch of code. Seems that 90% of any links anyone posts is somehow or someway shown as code.

EDIT: I just checked the link list, unless there is a different one that the one in your signature, and I found nothing even coming close to what I asked. Which I still thinks belongs in the client edits section not the main discussion section. Its not a discussion I'm editing ...
Old 08/23/2007, 07:22   #4

Hi,

Ooops...
I am sorry.. you are absolutely right.
You could ask question at the Edit site.

I Move it back :P

Try this.

DM
Old 08/23/2007, 09:09   #5

That link isn't working for some reason. Not sure why and I am way too tired to pick the link apart to try and figure out the problem. This is what the forum tells me when I click the link: Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

I will check again tomorrow once I get home. Thank you for your help and replys DM.
Old 08/23/2007, 10:03   #6

Hi,

We just updated our forum.
This is why most of the link fail.

We are updating the linklist and hope that we could finish it fast to help member to locate the thread.

You could use the advance search by clicking the "white triagle".
Put the "*sound*" and select "title" search only.
Select "CO 2 section" to limit the scope.

I guess you could get many thread related on "Sound"

DM
Old 08/23/2007, 18:25   #7

Ok, I tried your suggestion about "*sounds*" in an advanced search (yes I removed the " " from around *sound* when I searched) and I looked through the pages and pages and pages of threads shown by the search. I found nothing pertaining to finding the path of met and db sounds. I did happen upon a reply on one thread that someone posted showing hex code in the Conquer.exe file that they said was the path of a met sound. I figured that this is where it was located but I am not sure what program to search for to try and decipher an exe so I can begin to hunt for what I'm looking to edit. I do have a hex editor but that doesn't help much seeing as its all gibberish. Anyone that can point me to a program to help me find what I'm trying to edit will have my gratitude.