Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 09:12

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Skin guide

Discussion on Skin guide within the CO2 Weapon, Armor, Effects & Interface edits forum part of the CO2 Guides & Templates category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
*NOTE* always create a backup of files ur going to modify *NOTE*

What ur going to learn here (if u dont know) is how to create a fully cuztomized skin for conquer.

There's already a very good one made by esq, actually I can make this guide thanks to esq ^^ so please go and check that one too if u havent, anyway this is just a bit different so here we go.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tools needed:

1.- unknownone's wdfextract, download
Original post

2.- Dds converter, download

*thx to esq for the links

3.- Image editor, I use Macromedia Fireworks but u can also use Photoshop,
if you use photoshop you have the option of downloading dds. plugins for photoshop instead of dds converter so you dont have to worry about the format and work right over the .dds file
*thx to Anti-Heroes for the link
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Skin files:

Some of the files are at the folder conquer/data/main/ but some of them are packed, thats why we need the wdfextract to put all files we need on that folder.

First of all make a backup of the folder main so u can go back anytime, once u do this lets move...

1.- Getting the files needed
Extract the program wdfextractor and put all 3 files on the conquer/ folder
Now double click on wdfbatcher, ull get a windowd that says /ini/3dtexture.ini , change that to:
/ani/control.ani and then extract, this may take a while ^^
Once is finished do it again with
/ani/magic.ani and then extract, this may take a while too

Once is done we have all the files we need at the folder conquer/data/main so lets start now.
2.- Converting .dds into .png
(into psd. if ur going to use photoshop or just open the file if u have .dds plugins)

To modify the differents elements of the interface we need an extension we can work with, the files are now .dds so what we have to do is convert them into .png for fireworks or .psd for photoshop so lets install dds converter and now open the program.
On the program go to the folder conquer/data/main and look for the element DialogMpcGoods.dds, as you see this is the inventory box, we'r going to use this as example.
On the program change the Output format to .png (or pds. for photoshop) and the Output folder to desktop, now just press Convert and a file called DialogMpcGoods.png should appear on your desktop.
3.- Changing the design:
Now open the file DialogMpcGoods.png with ur image editor, fireworks in my case, here start making a new desing over the old one trying to use the same space, u have to let boxes for the items and for money "both gold and CP", make sure boxes fit or ur items or money will be shown anywhere.
I'll attach my .png so u can work with it.

Once ur done delete or hide the old layer and save the .png image.
4.- Converting .png into .dds
(psd. into dds. if ur using photoshop or just save changes if you have .dds plugisn)

Now is time to go back, open the dds converter again and now transform ur image DialogMpcGoods.png into DialogMpcGoods.dds, u have to change output format to dds this time and output folder to desktop again.
5.- Replacing the file

Now u have a new DialogMpcGoods.dds on your desktop, go to the folder conquer/data/main/ and replace the original with the new one u just made.
6.- Looking the results

All u have to do now is open conquer and open the item window to see how it looks, maybe u did something wrong and there's something on the wrong position, just modify the png file to make it work correctly.
and then

If u did all right u should have something like i have on my picture, now that u know how to do it is time to modify the other files xD hard work
Extras

Download my dds. file of this example, just replace at conquer/data/main folder

Download my png. file of this example and edit as u like

Note #1: Thx esq for his excellent guide
Note #2: Sorry about my bad english, I hope u understand .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg post-108-1174439005.jpg (102.7 KB, 572 views)
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/22/2007, 13:58   #2

nice post well said... again... thanks for the props
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/25/2007, 16:21   #3

cool here is + 1 karma
Old 03/25/2007, 16:36   #4

nice i like it :P
Old 03/26/2007, 01:34   #5

nice guid dude
Old 04/09/2007, 02:09   #6

Is there anyway of making all of the GUIs 80% transperant..and then when you pass your mouse over the GUI it becomes 10% transperant..this will really helpfull when someone's trying to pk you and you have the whole screen to see if there catching up to you... and would look cool..and it will look like windows vista...well kinda
Old 04/09/2007, 05:04   #7

there is the link to the one with batch in it, just so yall dont get confused
Old 04/09/2007, 05:55   #8

Quote:
Originally posted by el simo50@Apr 9 2007, 05:04

there is the link to the one with batch in it, just so yall dont get confused
dam, thx for the advice, i was sure that the link was directed to the one with the batch ^^

ill change the link now
Old 04/09/2007, 06:03   #9

the dds converter wont go back into dds for me any1 know how to make it work??
Old 04/09/2007, 06:12   #10

Quote:
Originally posted by el simo50@Apr 9 2007, 06:03
the dds converter wont go back into dds for me
u sure u didnt made anything wrong?

I only got a problem in 1 file of 450, on the file dialogconfirm.dds and the message was "size not a power of 2" (i solved this by changing the size of the image)

but with all the other files i did'nt got any problems

1.- If ur saying it fails because u dont find the resulting file maybe the output format is wrong, remember to put .dds as output, if not ull replace the file u just modified with all the layer for one image with only one layer

2.- If ur saying it fails because ur getting any kind of error message pls post the message so I can help you.

well, keep trying ^^
Old 04/09/2007, 06:14   #11

it just wont let me click convert and it wont bring the file name up in the imput file box
Old 04/09/2007, 06:22   #12

Nice one dude, ill try editing myself now since you started it, ahehehehehe
Because of you art conquer now is not boring.

But the most important is, now i know the esq is still ALIVE.
Old 04/09/2007, 06:22   #13

Quote:
Originally posted by el simo50@Apr 9 2007, 06:14
it just wont let me click convert and it wont bring the file name up in the imput file box
On input select All supported formats and then search for ur image within the folders

1.- If you are in the right folder but u cant see the image icon that means is not supported which is strange because it supports:
psd < photoshop
png < macromedia fireworks
bmp, tga, jpg, jpeg and jif

2.- Once u can see the file and make click on it to select, the button convert will be available

if this "hint" still dont work ill make some screenshots
Old 04/09/2007, 06:28   #14

more screenies pl0z
Old 04/09/2007, 06:43   #15

Quote:
Originally posted by el simo50@Apr 9 2007, 06:28
more screenies pl0z
here you have screenies in how to convert from your edited image back into dds.

if after this u still cant make it work give me your address and Ill show you on your pc

lol

okay, good luck this time
Attached Images
File Type: gif post-108-1176093817.gif (43.1 KB, 10 views)