Discussion on [PhotoShop GUIDE] Editing weapon glows! within the CO2 Weapon, Armor, Effects & Interface edits forum part of the CO2 Guides & Templates category.
wdfextract, the tool that you use to extract the .dds files.
Everytiime I run it, when it extracts a .dds file, it tells me to please run play.exe. (as in say it decides to extract 15 .dds files, it will tell me 15 times to run play.exe) its just bugging me , because I don't think it should be doing that.
When you try to mod something it just pops out telling you to run play.exe? I never seen that =S. Are you sure you have the plugin and photoshop cs2 not paintshop
When I run the wdfbacher, and hit 'Extract', everytime it states that it is extracting a .dds, a box pops up telling me to run play.exe (like when you try and run conquer.exe, and not play.exe)
I have Photoshop CS, and all of the plugins and things mentioned
No idea, maybe cos I have the multiclient installed, it would be great if you could shed some light on this matter, as I don't think I can explain it more clearly.
WJ64
EDIT:
Quote:
(4) when you?ll need to extract all the .dds files from the packages TQ has packed them.
Thats what I mean, when I extract and run that in the conquer folder.
Oh I see, when you try to extract a effect already made or something you have some problems with putting it in your Co .
You have to put it in Co2.0/c3/effect and not ANYWHERE else.
Multiclient doens't really infect anything cause i have it.
Try extracting things with win.rar that you can download here:
It is the best extracter of files and stuff that I know, never had any problems with it
I have winRAR. I also have ZipACE (I think thats what it's called).
The other quide told me to extract the wdfextractor in the conquer folder, it didn't specify where.
Quote:
Extract it to your conquer folder and then run the batcher.
The text ?/ini/3dtexture.ini? should appear in the field but in case there?s nothing type the text in it and then click ?extract? button
Thats what it said, and I did that. I'm not putting anything in my CO I don't think, just trying to extract the .dds files that TQ packed, so I can actually edit *****. I'm not at the editing stage yet, just trying to get the files.
I don't know what else to say, I've explained as best I could.
EDIT: the Conquer folder is the only place I can run the batcher, anywhere else and it wont find anything.
WJ64
I dragged 'wdfextract' into 'wdfbatcher' and it is working apparently, I have no idea why.
Also, vsa, stop lurking
Yeah, I'll change the little number below his name, I've known about that confusion site since I was posting on Qonquer, but I have free time now *****.
Ok quick question about this. I edited the glow and now it looks all pixelized and nothing like the original glow but a different color. I've done it before right, but I had to reformat and the .dds saver thing isn't the same this time. I'll post a screenie if needed. Just need help.
[Guide] Another way of pk2 editing your weapon 10/02/2012 - SRO Guides & Templates - 31 Replies I posted a tutorial like this earlier.
but it has no screenshots. but i cant find it.
i guess the mods moved or deleted it x (.
Well, i decided to make a new one.
sorry i made a second thread about this tutorial.
uhm.
i found a new of pk2 editing ur weapon..
when editing using a hex editor, ur edited weapon will return to normal everytime joymax patch their media.pk2/add a new item. but with this way, the item u edited will remain that way until u decided to return it to nomal.
everything guide about casual(dds editing with photoshop cs3 patched & dds plugins :) 05/23/2009 - EO Weapon, Armor, Effects & Interface edits - 16 Replies hey every one its me again alot of ppl asked me how i edit so i made afull guide about casual edits andd there is links for all programmes u need
first:there is photoshop cs3 cracked wont need crack or activation so just set it up
second:there is a nvedia plug in for photoshop make it lunch dds files directly so no stubid converter needed
thirds: there is alink for dds converte little programmes if u dont want 2 u se photo shop :)
*Diabloslayer made acasual editing guide iam just here 2...