Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 21:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Small release]Player limit

Discussion on [Small release]Player limit within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Old 04/03/2010, 07:31   #16

elite*gold: 0
@ChingChong23
did you do that jonquer project?
happy to see somebody released a pserver in java =]

@grillmad
not even being able to hold 10 players is pretty sad...
you should really use a different source lol...

as for this release....im sry but if somebody couldnt do that themselves i dont see much of a reason for them to be working on pservers =/...
and i agree with pete...no use in even letting them get that far
Old 04/03/2010, 23:20   #17

elite*gold: 20
Even with replacing the socket layer it will still crash because the code itself is just sloppy and has no sanity checks on any of the code to check if anything is null before executing the action. Thus why lotf is famous for spamming null ref errors in console all the time and even more often with the more players that connected to it as well as alot of enumerator errors because of horribly done arrays and **** poor sql code and improperly used fixed pointers that were unnecessary.

I wasted the time years ago into fixing alot of the arrays and new socket layer and most of the null ref error problem and completely redid the mysql database and removed all the fixed pointers and i still maxed out if i remember right at about 138-150 stable users on 5017 lotf before it started acting up.

And the 5165 is no better it uses the same horribly written code as 5017 only new encryptions and might handle a few more users then the 5017 version only because it doesn't use the same terribly written mysql code but instead odopted the flatfile system. People need to learn to just not expect much from any of tanels sources there all junk despite the content in them or what patch there updated to, the quantity doesn't make up for the poor quality.