Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 09:56

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Release]Dynamic Maps(5165 Houses)

Discussion on [Release]Dynamic Maps(5165 Houses) within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Old 01/26/2010, 16:02   #16

elite*gold: 0
yah i make this you are very good man
Old 01/26/2010, 17:46   #17

You just forgot one thing, you're assigning multipile players to be the map owner, which will result in being able of seeing other people that are owner of the same map.

Ofcourse, you need to finish off furniture spawning and loading/saving.
If you think you can create something similar I can send you my house script out of my own base.
Old 01/27/2010, 05:25   #18

after i debug the maps this word at the bottom becomes yellow

return Cells[X, Y];
Old 02/03/2010, 23:31   #19

Sorry, but this method is silly, the actual method used in the original game is to control the characters and objects that are drawn in the window, but only for houses.
Old 02/07/2010, 19:59   #20

can someone giveme the link to the last previous guide because I have 2 errors, DMap and DmapCell could not be found.
Old 02/10/2010, 11:55   #21

REMOVED , XdD X DD D D D
Old 02/15/2010, 02:16   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
can someone giveme the link to the last previous guide because I have 2 errors, DMap and DmapCell could not be found.
You deleted them from the DMap.cs. You copied and pasted the new information too far. Use the backup in the backup folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmuneOne View Post
You just forgot one thing, you're assigning multipile players to be the map owner, which will result in being able of seeing other people that are owner of the same map.

Ofcourse, you need to finish off furniture spawning and loading/saving.
If you think you can create something similar I can send you my house script out of my own base.
You are completely right. When my players started using this, they were all dumped into the same house... not separate houses. It's a huge improvement but it has problems. I still need to know the fix. I'm trying my best to figure it out but it's complicated for me. Anyone have a clue to how this might be approached?
Old 02/15/2010, 07:41   #23

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Very dumb question... but would it not be possible to just re-write the spawn/effects packet handler so that only those characters in your instance of a map will be spawned/displayed.. Then you could just add a int/uint variable controlling what one players are assigned... then you could use the same maps without working about interference from other players.

Probably a resource hog and a really bad idea but it just made me wonder if it's really NECESSARY to create an entirely separate dmap.. Especially if you are using it for something along the lines of an instanced dueling map.. You may not want a completely separate clone just for an extra fight or two.
Old 02/15/2010, 09:10   #24

xD nice work mate
Old 02/16/2010, 01:59   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Very dumb question... but would it not be possible to just re-write the spawn/effects packet handler so that only those characters in your instance of a map will be spawned/displayed.. Then you could just add a int/uint variable controlling what one players are assigned... then you could use the same maps without working about interference from other players.

Probably a resource hog and a really bad idea but it just made me wonder if it's really NECESSARY to create an entirely separate dmap.. Especially if you are using it for something along the lines of an instanced dueling map.. You may not want a completely separate clone just for an extra fight or two.
That's brilliant! How would we go about doing that though? It's beyond me. =\
Old 02/16/2010, 22:09   #26

This ain't working for me.
I did everything like it said.
When I type the command "/makehouse" and then the command to go home (/home), it says I don't have a house.
How can I fix this?
Old 02/16/2010, 22:32   #27

Received Thanks: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Decker View Post
This ain't working for me.
I did everything like it said.
When I type the command "/makehouse" and then the command to go home (/home), it says I don't have a house.
How can I fix this?
Did you buy a house?
Thanks
2 Users
Old 02/17/2010, 03:07   #28

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdestiny54 View Post
That's brilliant! How would we go about doing that though? It's beyond me. =\
You would need to re-write how alot of the loading of effects and other clients is done but it shouldn't be toooo hard. I know in coemu anyways when you jump, right in the handler it basically has a function saying "spawn me to everyone else in range on my map". You could change those functions to check if the clients are on the same instance of the map also. Especially considering that instances are already coded into the source (at least the base functionality in the database and teleport cmds for coemu)

Obviously it wouldn't be effective for full maps with monsters and drops (as you would run into problems with permissions dealing with what mob shows to who and it would turn into a big mess) but for still like houses and dueling maps it would work (I think :S)

I'm sure there are a bunch of reasons not to do it that way though.. if not someone already would have coded it as there are plenty of epvpers who definitely know what they are doing.
Old 03/05/2010, 21:44   #29

I get error on line
[code]55,85,102,116,322[/CODED] in DMap.cs and the errors ALL say

Code:
The name 'H_DMaps2' does not exist in the current context
Old 03/06/2010, 11:33   #30

Bump -- I need this!