Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 02:10

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Chimera Open Source, Patch 5615

Old   #31

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Aids View Post
The only thing worth programming for CO is creating a server full of female AI bots stripping.
It'd be fun if you add the models and movements (or at least only models, female dances are not too bad)

Old   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimation View Post
thats all said well, however its not correct, this is why we have endless amounts of threads of people who have 0 background knowledge of coding yet want to jump right into a private server.... I remember when i started coding and im pretty sure we all did something similar. I made a form, placed a button made it trigger a "Hello World" message box.

Then moved onto calculators and MDI applications, then from MDI apps to chat apps and progressed from there.

Then after understanding abit about networking and threading etc. i moved onto C.O.W.S witch i coded in delphi.. Then... c# and .net 1.0 came out!

My point is, why jump straight into a co server its not good practise at all. i personally think we should not encourage it.
I find that you're right tho.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #33

heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
My work uses Go. The job I'm applying for next uses Go. But most importantly, I use Go. With all due respect, I wrote this project for myself and my portfolio. Why would I care about catering to the C# sticklers here? As you said yourself, they already have ~1000 sources. If it means a single person finds interest in this, I'm fine with that. I'm not trying to change the world, here.
:^) I think this is pretty interesting and i'm gonna play around with it for a little bit. You should add me on discord and answer any questions I have Lord Spirited
Old   #34

Received Thanks: 1,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdentifyRC View Post
:^) I think this is pretty interesting and i'm gonna play around with it for a little bit. You should add me on discord and answer any questions I have Lord Spirited
1 post... That means your gonna be bothering him with simple questions.. Do you know any of the programming language so far?

Old   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimation View Post
1 post... That means your gonna be bothering him with simple questions.. Do you know any of the programming language so far?
I know enough to where I can find out the simple stuff without asking. Don't worry my name isn't Ahmed and I won't ask you how to tie your shoes.

edit; also rip all your threads. I was slightly interested to see what you've posted.
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #36

How about you show respect to people that has contribute to the community a large sum of information.
Old   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpochCommunity View Post
How about you show respect to people that has contribute to the community a large sum of information.
??? I don't know what you're talking about tbh. I literally said I was interested in looking at his former posts that no longer exist =/
Old   #38

Received Thanks: 3,146
I don't see any disrespect from that. Just a heads up though, I'm going to update the source sooner than later. If you want to learn go, I would recommend following their website's tour and experimenting with packages. Let me know how that goes.
Old   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
I don't see any disrespect from that. Just a heads up though, I'm going to update the source sooner than later. If you want to learn go, I would recommend following their website's tour and experimenting with packages. Let me know how that goes.
Right, I plan to follow your development and learn from your work and teach myself the language as I go.
Old   #40

Received Thanks: 1,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdentifyRC View Post
Right, I plan to follow your development and learn from your work and teach myself the language as I go.
I can understand you wanting to learn a programming language, its upto you what you learn and when you learn it. But i would not learn GO just for conquer based stuff. Seems backward. Like i said its upto you. However imho GO is not in high enough demand to warrant learning.
Old   #41

Received Thanks: 3,146
I took the repo for Chimera down, but attached its contents to the thread.
I'm done with school now, so I'm happy to spend more time on this.
Thanks.
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #42

Easier on the eyes compared to C#. That being said the compiler is a little confusing :/