Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 09:24

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Chimera Open Source, Patch 5615

Discussion on Chimera Open Source, Patch 5615 within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Closed Thread

Old 03/30/2017, 05:29   #16

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
I changed the repository for Chimera temporarily while I work on an updated version. I'm currently working on adding code generation for packets and sql interfaces, which will replace the reflection based packet decoder and manually written sql interfaces. You can access the current version here: . Cheers.
Old 04/15/2017, 22:42   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimation View Post
go is **** and your a bad coder

Edit: seems to me your just trying to reinvent the wheel and get famous for it.
You're*
And get famous?
Old 04/15/2017, 23:17   #18

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,565
ok, let me put it in little words so you understand, You are repeating something that has been done 100 times in a different language and think everyone will worship you for it.

Example:
You goto the store, buy a lollipop, take it home and freeze it. You then say you have invented something completely new because you froze the lollipop. Do you comprehend what i am saying now?
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/16/2017, 00:22   #19

Quote:
ok, let me put it in little words so you understand, You are repeating something that has been done 100 times in a different language and think everyone will worship you for it.

Example:
You goto the store, buy a lollipop, take it home and freeze it. You then say you have invented something completely new because you froze the lollipop. Do you comprehend what i am saying now?
That's some pretty delusional thinking... Since when were people "worshiped" or "famous" in this community? That's such a weird choice of words, and you were the one that bumped my thread... On top of that, since when was trying new languages a problem? Should I be repeating the same mistakes then? Did I say I invented Go? I'm still not sure what point you're trying to make, or what that example is supposed to mean. What are you talking about?
Old 04/16/2017, 12:10   #20

ok, nothing wrong with trying languages, but lets be honest why do something that has been done 1000 times before (yes ok mainly in c#) but there is a reason for that. Go is not as performance friendly as you think. You are making an open source project in a language that nobody uses.

Thanks
3 Users
Old 04/16/2017, 19:27   #21

Quote:
ok, nothing wrong with trying languages, but lets be honest why do something that has been done 1000 times before (yes ok mainly in c#) but there is a reason for that. Go is not as performance friendly as you think. You are making an open source project in a language that nobody uses.

1. That's a horrible comparison for Go. Compare networking and concurrency rather than data structures. Actually on that same page: "We want easy answers, but easy answers are often incomplete or wrong. You and I know, there's more we need to understand."
  2. Point me to a single released project here that has the same distributed architecture.
  3. I made this open source in January for my portfolio. I posted it here for fun.
Because at the end of the day, I'm posting this for fun. I'm not saying Go is good for everything or that a private server for Conquer Online hasn't been overdone. Who cares and you're in a Conquer Online section? Guess what, you're going to find Conquer Online related projects. You whining here about how I made a Conquer Online private server project in a Conquer Online private server section is ridiculous.
Old 04/17/2017, 14:56   #22

thats not the point im trying to make, Your doing an open-source project in a language nobody uses or cares to learn because it has no industry standard. So you might aswell
make it private. I have no idea why it is open source. People cant handle c# here with 1000 sources. How do you think they are going to handle go?
Old 04/17/2017, 17:29   #23

Quote:
thats not the point im trying to make, Your doing an open-source project in a language nobody uses or cares to learn because it has no industry standard. So you might aswell
make it private. I have no idea why it is open source. People cant handle c# here with 1000 sources. How do you think they are going to handle go?
My work uses Go. The job I'm applying for next uses Go. But most importantly, I use Go. With all due respect, I wrote this project for myself and my portfolio. Why would I care about catering to the C# sticklers here? As you said yourself, they already have ~1000 sources. If it means a single person finds interest in this, I'm fine with that. I'm not trying to change the world, here.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 04/19/2017, 16:35   #24

Quote:

This is pretty weird tbh! I mean, what stops me from developing whatsoever I want? You've just assumed that no one is gonna use his work in Go which is so false! You really don't know what does the community "as a whole" want to learn in the future or even now?
Besides, I'm learning Java now.. I plan to develop co source using it, however, I'm pretty much sure how ironic Java is when it comes to networking application because of its socket system and such but well, I'M DOING IT FOR ME! And I have the complete option to post it anywhere in this community as long as it's not against the section laws!
Being judgemental makes me highly sick tbh
Old 04/19/2017, 16:55   #25

why does everyone have to develop a co source when learning a new language, it seems so backward lol
Old 04/19/2017, 17:09   #26

This is an easy question!
BECAUSE THEY WANT TO!
And, because, you HAVE NO RIGHT TO POKE YOUR NOSE INTO IT ^^

Yes, as long as they are "or, we're" relieved with developing and writing its code and we love to do it, does that have anything to do with you?

A serious moment > CO sources demonstrates most of a programming language aspects and it's a pretty good application to help ones gain some control over it. That's why
Old 04/19/2017, 17:36   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis~ View Post
BECAUSE THEY WANT TO!

Yes, as long as they are "or, we're" relieved with developing and writing its code and we love to do it, does that have anything to do with you?

A serious moment > CO sources demonstrates most of a programming language aspects and it's a pretty good application to help ones gain some control over it. That's why
TQS networking protocol is not good practise lol.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/20/2017, 15:56   #28

Quote:
TQS networking protocol is not good practise lol.
You got a point, but conquer programming is fun.
Even tho if you program the perfect server, the client will f*ck up.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/20/2017, 16:35   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis~ View Post
BECAUSE THEY WANT TO!

thats all said well, however its not correct, this is why we have endless amounts of threads of people who have 0 background knowledge of coding yet want to jump right into a private server.... I remember when i started coding and im pretty sure we all did something similar. I made a form, placed a button made it trigger a "Hello World" message box.

Then moved onto calculators and MDI applications, then from MDI apps to chat apps and progressed from there.

Then after understanding abit about networking and threading etc. i moved onto C.O.W.S witch i coded in delphi.. Then... c# and .net 1.0 came out!

My point is, why jump straight into a co server its not good practise at all. i personally think we should not encourage it.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/20/2017, 18:40   #30

The only thing worth programming for CO is creating a server full of female AI bots stripping.
Thanks
1 User
Closed Thread