Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 19:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Release] My edited version of Redux

Discussion on [Release] My edited version of Redux within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Old 09/02/2016, 07:31   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDaft View Post
srand would traditionally call that function and initialize a random number generator for the entire process. I suppose you're spoiled in compilers, but that didn't used to be a thing that srand and C standard library functions would be isolated to the executing thread.
That just means that the seed used by srand/rand is stored in thread-local storage ... not that each thread has its own C runtime library, which is just nonsense.

Also, I'm pretty sure that it's implementation-specific (and maybe even Microsoft-only?) and not a part of the C standard.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/02/2016, 07:54   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Coder 2014 View Post
That just means that the seed used by srand/rand is stored in thread-local storage ... not that each thread has its own C runtime library, which is just nonsense.

Also, I'm pretty sure that it's implementation-specific (and maybe even Microsoft-only?) and not a part of the C standard.
Microsoft calls it its own Visual C Runtime. It most definitely is implementation-specific, yes. We're talking about C# though, which uses Visual C. And that's it. That was all I was saying.
Old 09/02/2016, 08:11   #18

elite*gold: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by m e n a View Post
SuperDaft, Best Coder 2014 guys why you're following each other on every single thread trying to prove yourself right, who even cares about Go or C++, well if anyone does I don't give a flying ****.

I'm on my ******* early stages learning how to ******* code with C# you're making it so hard for me and for others to follow what you're both trying to prove!

Well, I'm sure that both of you got a point, even this sarcasm has it's way to teach someone thing or two, but seriously quit it and if anyone got something "useful" on topic he/she or it "cuz i dunno about SuperDaft xD" is welcome share!
It's ok I understand it.
Old 09/02/2016, 08:49   #19

Also, this thread is still useless because Redux should be on github. If Redux was on github, then your fixes could just be merged into the main branch. Anyone would be able to request pulls and fix components (and not just the very small fixes you made, I mean actual fixes).
Old 09/02/2016, 16:23   #20

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDaft View Post
Also, this thread is still useless because Redux should be on github. If Redux was on github, then your fixes could just be merged into the main branch. Anyone would be able to request pulls and fix components (and not just the very small fixes you made, I mean actual fixes).
You're welcome to start one. Redux was a release, it was not an ongoing project and will not receive any updates or support.

The community is welcome to do whatever they wish with it including open source community projects.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/02/2016, 18:38   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
You're welcome to start one. Redux was a release, it was not an ongoing project and will not receive any updates or support.

The community is welcome to do whatever they wish with it including open source community projects.
I don't want your Redux project on my github. It's not my project to claim ownership of. I'll gladly contribute to Redux if you made it on github (you can always make me a contributor if you don't want to manage it).
Old 09/02/2016, 21:42   #22

I'm willing to do it, as long as it's okai for everyone, and i think my edit version is good enough to start with.

Just let me know guys if you're willing to contribute, or not!
For me it's okai both ways, I always had this thought since Hybris95 started his HybrisConquer project on Github. I can't really recall his name on Epvp but his project was awesome in my sight.
Old 09/24/2016, 15:59   #23

do you mind if I can join in your team?
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/26/2016, 19:46   #24

perfect <3
Old 09/26/2016, 21:09   #25

Received Thanks: 1,565
lol
Thanks
2 Users
Old 10/10/2016, 18:32   #26

I will upload my version to github and post the link here, as soon as I know the license of the source code.

We can get something out of it
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/11/2016, 02:32   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgene0 View Post
I will upload my version to github and post the link here, as soon as I know the license of the source code.

We can get something out of it
That's great, I suggest you to work on the latest version then, I just updated the post just right now.
I just got a job today so it will keep me busy, I think that I wont be able to work on that source nowadays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulfly25 View Post
do you mind if I can join in your team?
Sure you're welcome, but you better ask [jorgene0] because hes the one who's going to start the github project.
Old 10/11/2016, 18:09   #28

It's alive guys:

Shall I create an Organization and transfer the source there or leave it like that?

Read the comments to know what I have done in each commit.

Start forking and sending pull requests!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m e n a View Post
That's great, I suggest you to work on the latest version then, I just updated the post just right now.
I just got a job today so it will keep me busy, I think that I wont be able to work on that source nowadays.
Don't worry, whenever you can will be ok

PD: I will take a look at your code, but I won't upload anything. Instead I will wait for you to do it
Old 10/11/2016, 21:07   #29

Which code to extract Redux_18?
Old 10/11/2016, 22:33   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgene0 View Post
It's alive guys:

Don't worry, whenever you can will be ok

PD: I will take a look at your code, but I won't upload anything. Instead I will wait for you to do it
I seem kinda lost now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adm121 View Post
Which code to extract Redux_18?
Thanks
1 User