Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 PServer - Discussions / Questions > CO2 PServer Guides & Releases
You last visited: Today at 15:52

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[6132+] 10005 Walk Packet Protobuff Serialization/Deserialization (the PROPER way)

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Post [6132+] 10005 Walk Packet Protobuff Serialization/Deserialization (the PROPER way)

Requirements
  • Download and include in project Protobuff-net
  • Make sure you strip the 4 bytes at the beginning of the packet (Size and Type) and ensure that you remove the packet footer (8 bytes containing the TQServer/ TQClient) before deserializing your packet. And obviously ensure you add the correct packet headers and footers when sending the serialized packets back to the client

[6132] Walk Packet Class Structure
Code:
    [ProtoContract]
    public class Packet_Movement
    {
        [ProtoMember(1)]
        public uint Direction { get; set; }

[ProtoMember(2)]
        public uint UID { get; set; }

[ProtoMember(3)]
        public uint Running { get; set; }

[ProtoMember(4)]
        public uint TimeStamp { get; set; }

[ProtoMember(5)]
        public uint MapID { get; set; }
    }

Protobuff .Net Deserialization Example
Code:
Serializer.Deserialize<Packet_Movement>(new MemoryStream(Packet));

Protobuff .Net Serialization Example
This also converts it from a MemoryStream into a Byte array
Code:
Packet_Movement PM_Class = new Packet_Movement();
byte[] Packet_Data;
using (var ms = new MemoryStream())
{
    Serializer.Serialize(ms, PM_Class);
    Packet_Data = ms.ToArray();
}

Thanks
6 Users
Old 10/25/2015, 03:40   #2

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 3,381
**** you! I was going to write this up before leaving this morning and put it on my wiki. I had an example project and everything. You win this round! *Shakes fist in air* Edit: Put up my version on the wiki anyways. Best to have more than one example / implementation, I suppose.

Old 10/25/2015, 13:56   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
**** you! I was going to write this up before leaving this morning and put it on my wiki. I had an example project and everything. You win this round! *Shakes fist in air* Edit: Put up my version on the wiki anyways. Best to have more than one example / implementation, I suppose.
Haha. Yeah dude, do as you please
Old 10/26/2015, 10:15   #4

The new intern at TQ HQ must have had fun implementing this in CO.

Thanks
1 User
Old 11/01/2015, 21:48   #5

You might want to mark Direction and Running as Required fields in their proto attributes. In case they are 0 the serializer will not write them and the client will not use the packet, because the client defined the proto fields are required most likely (not writing them in the packet would result in failure in deserialization).
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/03/2016, 07:18   #6

it need array.copy
the final step
Old 01/03/2016, 17:23   #7

elite*gold: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by modyali2 View Post
it need array.copy
the final step
Why?
Old 01/21/2016, 07:49   #8

CrystalCastle,I really appreciate your help very much, You really are a genius
Old 01/23/2016, 20:20   #9

[6132+] 10005 Walk Packet Protobuff Serialization/Deserialization (the PROPER...

I thought protobuf also include the proto member index in the encoded data? Wouldn't that cause the client to not be able to read the packet?
Old 01/23/2016, 20:36   #10

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 3,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkblackbelt View Post
I thought protobuf also include the proto member index in the encoded data? Wouldn't that cause the client to not be able to read the packet?
The header of the packet, which includes the packet length and identifier, doesn't go through Google Protocol Buffers. If you take a look at from my wiki website, the first int of data isn't included as a protomember. Each field is also required, so if the direction is zero or movement type is zero (for example), it won't crash the client or cause mishandling on the server.

« Guide to opening Conquer Online Private Server | [Guide] Where to Host Your Server »