Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 16:08

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Release] login freeze

Discussion on [Release] login freeze within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Old 10/21/2008, 03:54   #31

elite*gold: 0
mysql connections die after they are overused.. kinda like how women start leaving the kitchen, but don't go to the bedroom, and then you trade them for a younger one.
Old 10/21/2008, 04:15   #32

umm a question wat if i change the "Database" to "ExternalDatabase" will it give the same effect? or will it just be another useless code? O.O
Old 10/21/2008, 04:19   #33

vietkid supposedly took my code and modded it for Extern\Intern databases and it works... but, I don't think he wants to release it. I think having 2 databases running like that si ugly and inefficient so I'm not messing with that.
Old 10/21/2008, 10:30   #34

The main source of the login freeze isn't from mysql connection drops...

It's from unsyncronized packet coding...

The overloads on mysql are due to the source creator adding things that don't need adding.

Maybe some of you should open you're eyes and add little debug outputs to some of the functions in LOTF source.. then you can see what's being used constantly, and what's not.

I know in the original LOTF source the idiot creator added a command that overloads mysql by saving certain things every 15seconds, and no im not talking about "Auto Save" in general.cs.

40 - 60+ People on you're server, something saving for each one every 15seconds, that's where the overload would come from if it's doing a whole character save.
Old 10/21/2008, 10:39   #35

Do the COFuture source has the login freeze bug also?
Old 10/21/2008, 10:43   #36

I don't use the same mysql in my source as other LOTF sources anymore.. I wrote a DLL to handle mysql connections properly
Old 10/21/2008, 10:58   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rechocto View Post
I don't use the same mysql in my source as other LOTF sources anymore.. I wrote a DLL to handle mysql connections properly
Well you have some sence, unlike alot of people in this department of the forum, they expect everything fixed for them.

Personally, i have rewritten most of the LOTF source, It uses a completely different database system, i like to stay away from mysql with large query projects.

45+ online without a single error, 24/7 uptime.
Only uses 17mb ram and 2% cpu.
Waiting for more to join to test out the full capacity of the stability.
Old 10/21/2008, 11:23   #38

ah, Coles you will soon realize that this section of e*pvp is basically script-kiddie incarnate. and you will stop coming here in hopes of gaining ideas or learning something new :P
Old 10/21/2008, 17:00   #39

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by coles View Post
Well you have some sence, unlike alot of people in this department of the forum, they expect everything fixed for them.

Personally, i have rewritten most of the LOTF source, It uses a completely different database system, i like to stay away from mysql with large query projects.

45+ online without a single error, 24/7 uptime.
Only uses 17mb ram and 2% cpu.
Waiting for more to join to test out the full capacity of the stability.
Oh noes, you spelt 'sense' wrong :O:O:O
tbh if your as good as your post makes yourself sound,i suggest coding your own server from scratch, lotf is all together too bad to recode, i honestly wouldn't know where to start
Old 10/21/2008, 17:52   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by © Haydz View Post
Oh noes, you spelt 'sense' wrong :O:O:O
tbh if your as good as your post makes yourself sound,i suggest coding your own server from scratch, lotf is all together too bad to recode, i honestly wouldn't know where to start
Correcting peoples literature on the internet is sort of stupid no?
Theres people on here from many countries, no point attacking/making fun of a single misspelt word.

I never claimed myself as "good", so yeah. I'm just providing the results of a few edits, thats all.

Infact, LOTF source is rather easy to re-structure, and it's not actually as buggy as some of you make it out to be.

Remove a few things, change a few things, and you have a fairly stable source.. You just need to know what you're changing.

If you're not into the whole "debug" scene, then i'd suggest staying away from LOTF source.
P.S. The LOTF source is built up of alot of different sources, alot of copy-pasted stuff, still don't know why it has the 'original' name "LOTF Source" ;P

Keep Truckin :thumbsup:
Old 10/21/2008, 18:12   #41

Quote:
Correcting peoples literature on the internet is sort of stupid no?
Welcome to the internet.
Old 10/21/2008, 18:53   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rechocto View Post
Welcome to the internet.

Lol, It's not the first time ive seen this happen , but correcting people on a multi-language forum is stupid. Theres no other word for it

On-Topic,

To those who are loosing connection to their database easily (within minutes of people logging in) do a clean sweep of the source searching for the phrase "Save", you'll find several instances of it, increasing timers will help alot with overload problems.
Old 10/21/2008, 19:12   #43

Quote:
Lol, It's not the first time ive seen this happen , but correcting people on a multi-language forum is stupid. Theres no other word for it

On-Topic,

To those who are loosing connection to their database easily (within minutes of people logging in) do a clean sweep of the source searching for the phrase "Save", you'll find several instances of it, increasing timers will help alot with overload problems.
losing*
a lot*

I myself never maake any such errawrs
Old 10/21/2008, 22:34   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushyPeas View Post
losing*
a lot*

I myself never maake any such errawrs
Me niethar.
Old 10/21/2008, 22:43   #45

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
The main source of the login freeze isn't from mysql connection drops...

It's from unsyncronized packet coding...

The overloads on mysql are due to the source creator adding things that don't need adding.

Maybe some of you should open you're eyes and add little debug outputs to some of the functions in LOTF source.. then you can see what's being used constantly, and what's not.

I know in the original LOTF source the idiot creator added a command that overloads mysql by saving certain things every 15seconds, and no im not talking about "Auto Save" in general.cs.

40 - 60+ People on you're server, something saving for each one every 15seconds, that's where the overload would come from if it's doing a whole character save.
I been tellin people that forever they all keep blaming the freeze on mysql when it has nothing to do with it lol It is in the **** poor socket handling.

Make a few changes for how connections are handled especially multiple logins for people connecting on top of themselves when they dc and viola problem solved.

Also don't mind hadz he's a noob always acting like a pro but has yet to finish a single stable server of his own yet in any language to back up anything he says. hadz = ftl : /

He thinks he will make one in c++ when he can't even make a workable one in c# yet lol. * rolls eyes*