Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 01:00

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Release]Autopatcher

Discussion on [Release]Autopatcher within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Release]Autopatcher

Hello all, this is my first project that has been fully successful. This Autopatcher is *basically* fail-safe. If you just absolutely cannot get it to work, just delete the Configuration.ini file, it will generate a new one upon loading the program.

How to use *This explanation is for server owners*: You just take my attachment and extract it into your client's main folder, the same folder with your Conquer.exe. You then open up the Configuration.ini file and edit the values to match yours. The website directory must point to where you keep your patches. Your version should probably be set to 1000, for organization purposes. Your executable should be set to whatever you would normally double-click to start the client. For many people that is Conquer.exe.

This would I would do for example:

Code:
[WebsiteConfig]
Website=http://127.0.0.1/patches/
[VersionConfig]
Version=1000
[ClientConfig]
Executable=ConquerLoader.exe
Now for the patches, I use WinRAR and when I have files that can be put into a patch, I get all those files together in their rightful folders and then select them all and right-click a file and then click "Add to Archive...". I then check the box that says "Create SFX Archive" which changes the file extension to .exe. I think rename the file to say my patchnumber.exe like 1000.exe. Your patches can ONLY be the patchnumber.exe

Here are some pics to show you what's up.

My entire client with the autopatch and config file within
The autopatcher is a GUI and it just now successfully read the version number from the Config file.
The GUI has a loading bar for how far along your download is and a menu-box notifying you when your download is complete.
Upon closing the download complete notification, you will then encounter an extract window. Just click extract and it extracts it to the correct destination.
Click "Close Autopatcher and Start the Game" (whatever.exe)
Success.

Note: This file has nothing to do with the version.dat. Unless you know what you're doing, just leave that file alone. Note for server owners, it's okay to have a server.dat in your patches so that the client will say the right patch version you're on, but the program reads the version number from the .ini

Disclaimer: Requires .NET Framework of 2.0 (Most computers come with this)

Reaver Autopatcher - Copyright VoidSoul Entertainment 2011 - All rights reserved.
Current Version: 1.3

Version Log:
Attached Files
File Type: rar Reaver Autopatcher.rar (8.4 KB, 166 views)

Thanks
3 Users
Old 09/18/2011, 12:56   #2

Great release/work bro! By the way this is Nick talking.

Old 09/18/2011, 13:21   #3

Why not change the .NET Framework version to 2.0 or 3.5, unless you actually uses some libraries that requires it.
Old 09/18/2011, 17:16   #4

Thank you. keep it up.

Old 09/18/2011, 19:50   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaussHacker View Post
Why not change the .NET Framework version to 2.0 or 3.5, unless you actually uses some libraries that requires it.
I tried to change it to 3.5 but I ended up ******** it up. I'll try to find a work around for it and re-upload and edit my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agathom
Thank you. keep it up.
Thanks (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko5117
Great release/work bro! By the way this is Nick talking.
Thanks again!
Old 09/18/2011, 20:25   #6

If you need help let me know.
Old 09/19/2011, 21:27   #7

My question;
Why all this? Coulda been listed all under one header.
Old 09/20/2011, 04:23   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arco. View Post
My question;
Why all this? Coulda been listed all under one header.
Agreed...

Could just been like this...

Code:
[Config]
Website=http://127.0.0.1/patches/
Version=1000
Executable=ConquerLoader.exe
That would make more sense than having 3 multiple headers for it...
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/20/2011, 07:08   #9

Somebodeh wanted to look unique.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/20/2011, 07:44   #10

I know it has nothing to do with the actual application, but .NET Framework 2.0 is on all pc's with Windows XP or newer.
Old 09/20/2011, 15:17   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arco. View Post
Somebodeh wanted to look unique.
Yesh mazter I iz uniq!
Old 09/22/2011, 19:38   #12

It was my first time ever using ini storage and it's not like it really matters. Still works either way so it's whatever.
Old 09/24/2011, 01:32   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBlackPlagu3x View Post
It was my first time ever using ini storage and it's not like it really matters. Still works either way so it's whatever.
We were just giving you a tip... As there is nothing that has the same name it could all just go under one header Just makes things look a bit better tbh
Old 09/25/2011, 23:53   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Beatz View Post
We were just giving you a tip... As there is nothing that has the same name it could all just go under one header Just makes things look a bit better tbh
Well I appreciate the tip sorry if I seemed unappreciative, I have a real bad habit of saying, "Hey it works so **** it".
Old 01/15/2012, 15:18   #15

your autopatcher has nothing but viruses and even when i did finilly remove all the viruses from your stupid autopatcher suppost to be it wasnt any good. for once I would like to find a good autopatcher without getting the run around. Ive searched everywhere but I cant find **** on where to find this dam autopatcher at. I need an easy to put together DIV dekaron autopatcher. Please help

« [OverDue Release] HellmouthCo Source: 5355+, Monk, etc | VIP [City Teleport 7 ] »