Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 21:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

HellmouthCo- VPS hosted, non binary 5095.

Discussion on HellmouthCo- VPS hosted, non binary 5095. within the CO2 PServer Archive forum part of the CO2 PServer Advertising category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
HellmouthCo- VPS hosted, non binary 5095.

<edit>

Wiped original post. We are starting up the project again SLOWLY!

We are gonna be taking things one step at a time planning the server fully before we throw everything together into a playable test version. Right now I just wanted to post the current server plan document, some videos/screenshots of progress already finished (just basic stuff but still more than most coemu versions have lol) and post the link to our temporary forum.

Basically we need IDEAS, SUGGESTIONS and volunteers at this point. You can find our craptastic temp forum at

HellmouthCo:

HellmouthCo is the continuation of both AlchemyCo and the first test version of Hellmouth. Our intention is to create a stable, professionally run conquer private server to compete with the high end servers such as the now dead AcidCo, Qonquer online and alike. We will maintain a professional atmosphere where hacks, bots, cheats and corruption is not tolerated on any level (gm, donator or otherwise). We will be taking development slow to ensure that each stage of production gets as much accomplished as possible and will be taking player opinions and suggestions heavily into consideration when developing new features.

Many servers have promised similar things but you only need to turn to a member of our former test server community to know that we can actually come through on most, if not all of our promises.

We are currently planning to be running CoEmu 5095 patch simply because it is what I am most comfortable working with and I genuinely enjoy coding that source. I may end up switching to a completely custom or a later source in the future (5250 would be interesting to code). We will be attempting to make all code as modular as possible. This means that we can use a simple test bed source (currently Elite-CoEmu) to add in, test and debug features and create a playable server long before we actually have a full source coded. By doing it this way we can simply transfer over large chunks of code and with minor modification have them work every bit as well as they did in the previous source.

One of our primary tasks in developing our latest test server is that of maintaining proper player and economic balance. So many servers try so hard to pander to the desires of players that they infact make their players unhappy and unfulfilled. Players NEED something to do in all stages of their character. Because of this, most servers hand out high stat items and levels like candy in order to lure in new players (full +9 or +12 2 socket items is not uncommon). The problem is they then need new content to keep these players entertained. This introduces the problems of a unnecessary number of levels, reborns and new item +'s. The problem here is they are creating a never ending cycle. If one increases the end game to a higher level, players want to get there causing the server to need to create more and more end game content. We on the other hand understand that players do not innately enjoy leveling or hunting but it gives their character purpose. Rather than create a full leveling server which causes unnecessary grinding, I propose adding content for All stages of player development. Quests, pvp/non pvp events and areas that all players can enjoy. Some examples are our 1v1 fb/ss system which involves players fighting either a bot or another player in a tournament. The first to 10 hits wins. In this mode no damage is dealt meaning a completely new player using their starting gear has every bit as much of a chance of winning as the top equipped player on the server.

Some other examples of mid/low level content is simple quests such as hunting certain monsters for items and trading it for random rewards, quiz shows randomly throughout the day, treasure hunts both across the entire world (based on clues given by the server) and on a specific map. Pvp events such as capture the flag or conquest which involve certain target players dying in one hit (from melee/fb/ss only) which allows new players to still play some role). The possibilities are endless and it gives players the ability to ENJOY the server rather than having to level for hours if not days in order to take part in the 'real' game. Conversely I intend to add a number of events, quests and tournaments to let top players battle it out for domination over the server.

Some features:

I have already started on some features and have managed to finish up quite a few that have either never been seen before on a 5095 CoEmu server or are incredibly rare.

PvP drone/Companion bots: I've finished coding the base for a artificial intelligence system to create server controlled players for use in every aspect of game play. Currently the only functional uses are for fb/ss dueling but I have coded in such a way that once attached to a logic (AI) server, they will be capable of doing limitless tasks. Some uses planned are to A: Fill out PvP events: Events requiring a certain amount of members (such as 10 vs 10 tffa matches) will have any extra player slots filled with computer controlled players. These bots will not be able to win the events but they will add a unique challenge and help fill out the server- especially in it's infancy. B: We plan to have a companion system implemented somehow (perhaps for 130+ 2nd reborns to unlock... not quite decided) which will be completely computer controlled summons that the player can issue commands to. These bots will be FAR more advanced than simple reborn guards. Players will be able to control the bots inventory/equipment, have the bot auto loot items, attack targets, level, etc. We will strive to make these bots as fair as possible (they will have a fraction of the stats that normal players will) in an attempt to make the server as assessable to all players as possible.

Counter Kill: (proper)
I've already logged all packets and data types required to program a fully working counter kill system including the proper attack type, effects and even the icon. As far as I'm aware, few or no 5095 servers have this.

Vortex: (proper)
I've re-coded vortex to work PROPERLY! No more auto attacking every second like the other versions of CoEmu has. This is like it is on real conquer.

Fatal Strike! (Unique!)
I've yet to hear of a single CoEmu server having Fatal strike functioning. I have the entire system working including proper damage dealt and an anti hack/speed system in place to avoid hacks such as proxies making ninjas unfair.

Anti Hack/Speed Systems:
There are a number of systems already in place to keep players from using serious leveling hacks (such as using a proxy to spam attacks at an incredible rate), speed hacks (both walk and jump) as well as a report system for ingame moderators and gm's. I will also be coding System chat so that players can contact any gm's that are online in an instant (with of course a cooldown to avoid spam).

Changes in Planning:

We are looking to create a number of unique systems but also modify existing ones.

Custom Traits:
High end players will be able to unlock (through a fairly expensive, time consuming path), player traits. These will be small bonuses that will further customize a high end player's character. They will not be overpowering, they will simply be unique. Some examples could be... Players with high agility may choose a glancing blow custom trait which would feed off player stamina in order to have a small chance to complete dodge an attack. Taos may choose a mana burn trait that would cause their attacks to have a small chance to reduce enemy mana...

The possibilities are quite limitless with such a system but I have no intention of letting these traits become overpowered... just something unique for high end players to unlock thanks to all their dedication and hard work.

Class revamp:

Water Tao:
I want to make SUPPORT waters a reality again. This can be done by giving pure or reborn waters custom skills that can only be used if they are holding a backsword. Some examples could be a stamina skill that removes an enemy's stamina bar and uses it to heal the water tao (or the water's team). Something like 100 hp per stamina point meaning a full stamina, hb'd player would heal for 15,000 (takes a full stamina bar and would require random chance/close range or a pot check). Another example skill would be a hex skill. This would be a close range water tao skill which would use either XP or stamina. It would then perform a potency/random chance check. If everything passes, the target would be frozen in place for 2 seconds and have all positive effects removed (meaning xp skills, stig, etc). They would also not be able to use potions for a few seconds.

Warriors:
Warriors need a proper pvp use. They have always been intended as tanks but never quite realized that potential. This can be done by giving them a boost in global defense for each of their promotions and pure warrior lives. Something like 5 percent and then 10 percent for each war life? This would make a war-war-war at max promotion have 40 percent GLOBAL defense. That means a high end pure warrior would actually be able to take some fairly strong hits and survive. Also maybe beef up dash somewhat so it has a chance to stun the target (perhaps only if reborn war...)

Reborn paths:
There are alot of bad reborn path decisions made by TQ when they introduced second reborn... not the least of which was their idea of making x-war-x get reflect. On our server only war-war-x or x-war-war will get reflect or any other reborn skill that should be pure. Pending review of skill paths, other normal skills will be left. Having the x-war-x rule simply made it so that the only use of warrior was a quick reborn switch to gain an overpowered skill.

Events in Planning:

We have a huge number of events (both pvp and non pvp) planned. Check out our forum to leave lots of suggestions! We can use all of them. Some events include.

PvP:
King of the Hill (timed or to score)
Team King of the Hill (timed or to team score)
Base wars (timed, to score or to last team standing)
Conquest
Wizard match
Deathmatch (timed, to score and last man standing)
Top class/spouse/etc
Capture the flag
1v1 Dueling (hit based or damage based to score or to last standing)

Non PvP:
Random events: (starts any event randomly including pvp ones. Few per day)
Drop party in twin city (small drop part of random items, mets, db's, low + stones)
Boosted exp rates for x minutes
Hour of lucky time for all online players
Free Exp, cp or money for all online players
Treasure hunt (world wide)
Treasure hunt (single map... think like Qo's)

PvE:
Hunt the boss: Server controlled player that will appear randomly around a map. Player who hunts them down and kills gains the reward.
Raids: Structured PVE events requiring your team to work together on an instanced map to take out normal mobs, generals and a final boss (mobs use skills/proper AI)
Treasure Monster: Simple monster that spawns randomly around the world at random times of the day. Kill it for a big exp boost and possible items.
Exp Monster: Simple monster that spawns in towns. Again, kill for exp.

We have alot more ideas but we need YOUR help! It doesn't matter if you can program or code. We need graphic artists, web designers, coders, client editors... but mostly we need your IDEAS. Before this server goes anywhere we need to plan out exactly how things are going to run. If not it will cause a massive waste of time on everyone's part. We need to plan things out and figure out/code exactly what we want on the server. That way once the base code is all finished, we won't need to worry about anything except taking member contributions and sticking them into the final source.

This will not be an open source project, rather a community project.

Working together and incorporating all sorts of ideas, we can create one of the greatest Co servers ever.

Pro4Never

Ps: more information about the events/features in planning can be found on our temporary forum. Go comment and have your voice heard!

Thanks
3 Users
Old 03/11/2010, 01:19   #2

elite*gold: 0
This server is just all around GREAT, It just gets better and better everytime i log on. At first there were many problems but everyone is helping out find bugs. i just love it. One of the best PServers. No corrupt GM's. Its good having to work for everything. I give it 2 thumbs and 2 big toes up!

Trojanus
Archerus
Warrius
Old 03/11/2010, 08:30   #3

yeah this server is badass, friendly pms and good rates heres a pic of me in mz until my arrows ran out =p
Old 03/11/2010, 08:36   #4

Received Thanks: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassiuss View Post
yeah this server is badass, friendly pms and good rates heres a pic of me in mz until my arrows ran out =p
And how long did it take you to get those many dbs?
How many dbs drop per KingDove?
Old 03/11/2010, 08:40   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Arco View Post
And how long did it take you to get those many dbs?
How many dbs drop per KingDove?
King doves haven't been added at least for now.

Doves in metzone have 30k hp and do not take bonus dmg from high levels. They have no dodge though so archers can still do some good dmg if they got nice gear. It's mostly geared for warriors/melee chars as you need a **** good archer to do much dmg there.

Cass is lame. He's like top player on the server so his gear is rather amazing. It would have taken him QUITE a while to get that many dbs. Rates are quite decent though. Generally full socket +5 or so will take you a few days of medium playing... cass played hardcore + when rates were a bit too high and now is like full 2 socket with some **** nice +'s (he's got a few +7's, approaching 8's last I heard)

And yes, we <3 cass but we still have to tease him often lol.
Old 03/11/2010, 17:44   #6

hehe i just make it look easy =p n yeah it took me some time >.<
Old 03/11/2010, 17:46   #7

very nice server. in a week i have managed to get a 130 archer and some pretty nice sockets
Old 03/11/2010, 18:18   #8

yeah, its a great server. need more people for GW thou! :O
Old 03/11/2010, 22:56   #9

yay, i got into a ss.(dueling one, Morpheus)
Old 03/12/2010, 00:23   #10

just amazing..
Old 03/12/2010, 02:40   #11

this is the best server ever so tell your friends so we will have even more people playing
Old 03/15/2010, 09:25   #12

Ok so I'm back to work today (yah... weekends are VERY unproductive for me lol....)

Updates for tonight

-Changed trade partners so they confirm after 1 hour (less annoying)
-Modified archer dmg (much better now)
-Re-enabled monster attacks. Had them disabled past few days for testing
-Modified some item drop code to be a bit 'safer'
-Switched to a much better version of sql. Should help with any issues we were having
-Switched source backups. Should fix alot of the messed up problems I had (yahhh... my shortcuts were pointing to the old copy of the source lol)

Anyways: Focus is still on stability but you can expect a large boost in features over the next few days.

Ooh: also the vip halo will be released in an auto patch in the next week or so (ideally I want more than just that for the patch so I'm putting it off until more is done)

Old 03/17/2010, 07:21   #13

love the halo
Old 03/22/2010, 03:26   #14

Some updates: still focusing almost entirely on stability and re-writing many of the poorly coded systems in place. Not gonna be too many obvious changes but they will make a big difference in the long run.

-Added reborn with proper reborn paths
also added tracking so I can store how many stat pts you get from each reborn and what jobs you've had for each rebirth so coding further reborns will be SUPER easy to control how skills are awarded/removed
-Switched to Korvaks dmap system.
Most everything should be converted now. Player jump/walk, mob walk and spawning.
-Changed tc db upgrades
No more ghost items, that was a stupid bug on my part.
-Added remote restarter.
Those with access can restart the game server from anywhere without needing vps access. Should ensure much better uptime as I won't have to be online if something goes wrong.
-Tracked down a bunch of possible causes of freezing
Big thanks to Null for alot of good advice. Haven't had a chance to re-code alot of it but it will help in the long run. Started some basic changes to help in the mean time.
-Re-wrote most of the mob spawn code.
Should be INFINITELY better now. Could fix alot of issues but mostly it's just alot cleaner, wastes alot less processing power to do something that simple.
-Headgears work properly now
Plumes/headbands and that **** all equip properly... just hadn't gotten around to it sooner. Enjoy!

Things to be added soon

-Re add random events
including random mini-boss spawns across the game world, random cp/gold/exp reward, auto starting quiz show and some other stuff like that. Simple addition but will show alot of the features I've already coded being re-added.
-2nd Reborn:
I'll get around to it... just alot of diff reborn skill combos to code and test before I can actually let ppl use it... + I want a fairly involved quest and to be able to test for any serious bugs with system.
-Lucky time benefits.
It's already coded, just need to add some of the benefits like bonus dmg/no dmg/exp boost/better drops.
Thanks
1 User
Closed Thread