-> NO CPs Drops
-> +1 items Drops
-> Gold Drops
-> GuildWar (From Saturday to Sunday)
-> Lost Treasure Quest (Daily, gather coins and exchange them for rewards(+ stones, mets, Dbs)
-> Old composition system
-> Red/Black Name Players drop their items if killed!
-> Few more Daily Quests (one for level 1+ players, one 50+ players and on 80+)
->Class PK Tournament with random rewards as + stones, mets, gold, CPs
->Hourly PK Tournament with random rewards as + stones, mets, gold, CPs
->Hourly Fb/SS PK Tournament with random rewards as + stones, mets, gold, CPs
->Many new Garments added, available on shop in market.
-> X3 and x5 Exp Potions added as rewards for events (We will also add Titan and Ganoderma for the ExpPots)
-> Items added up to 140 (custom quest to get UpgradeCert)
-> Reborn Tokens drop from Bosses
The idea behind the server is to be balanced PvE /PvP!
Having fun hunting and looting so you can improve your equipment!
New TQ maps and portals fully working!
Not bugless, its fairly complete (features, NPCs) and stable.
Server was still in development so players are welcomed to test all features.
Here are some screenshots from the game:
Thank you, yeah is Redux based, I learned a lot of things while working on it, for features I am thinking to create an file that manages quests logic, and still can't figure out how to duplicate maps for events and quests.
Thank you, yeah is Redux based, I learned a lot of things while working on it, for features I am thinking to create an file that manages quests logic, and still can't figure out how to duplicate maps for events and quests.
Duplicating maps is pretty simple.
The map system already supports dynamic maps but they aren't being used by the rest of the server.
Basically you need a Player.ChangeMap function that allows for dynamic and static id for maps. Always compare your map validity checks vs STATIC ID and you'll be fine.
It will require some tweaks with how map information is loaded as well as portal functionality but past that it's not too hard to get working in base redux.
My client crashes pretty often. Running Windows 8.1 Pro x64 in full screen mode 1024x768. This mostly happens while scattering at Pheasants/Turtledoves. I hope it's not because I am using Windows 8.1 or something like that. And yeah so far I have enjoyed playing that server but uhm.. crashing client every minute is not really amusing. So when the problem is Windows 8.1, then I am going to downgrade back to Windows 7. It's definately worth it.
My client crashes pretty often. Running Windows 8.1 Pro x64 in full screen mode 1024x768. This mostly happens while scattering at Pheasants/Turtledoves. I hope it's not because I am using Windows 8.1 or something like that. And yeah so far I have enjoyed playing that server but uhm.. crashing client every minute is not really amusing. So when the problem is Windows 8.1, then I am going to downgrade back to Windows 7. It's definately worth it.
Thanks for post, also can you upload somewhere the log files from client/debug ? wanna see if i can find some answers there.
I edited a lot of client stuff and probably something regarding that causes this.
I am working to get an client that should pose no problems.
Thanks for post, also can you upload somewhere the log files from client/debug ? wanna see if i can find some answers there.
I edited a lot of client stuff and probably something regarding that causes this.
I am working to get an client that should pose no problems.
Not sure how much direct advice I can give on this but yah.. Client crashes are generally based around invalid data being sent Server>Data (invalid packet structures, packets that are too large or spammed too fast for the client to keep up with or packets that have been encrypted/sent in the wrong order)
These issues are RELATIVELY rare in Redux but I know there was at least a few in the public version I posted.
I'd suggest 3 things to focus your troubleshooting.
#1: Get client debug logs as you mentioned. They should mention a packet ID if it's what caused the crash and that will point you in the right direction when it comes to re-structuring packets.
#2: Keep a disconnection log. Personally I copy and save all packets being sent to the client and on disconnection post a log of the 10 packets sent to the client before they disconnected.
#3: Implement packet joining. In the public version I do not do this but I noticed many of my client stability issues went away when I started combining waiting packets before sending them to the client.
Not sure how much direct advice I can give on this but yah.. Client crashes are generally based around invalid data being sent Server>Data (invalid packet structures, packets that are too large or spammed too fast for the client to keep up with or packets that have been encrypted/sent in the wrong order)
These issues are RELATIVELY rare in Redux but I know there was at least a few in the public version I posted.
I'd suggest 3 things to focus your troubleshooting.
#1: Get client debug logs as you mentioned. They should mention a packet ID if it's what caused the crash and that will point you in the right direction when it comes to re-structuring packets.
#2: Keep a disconnection log. Personally I copy and save all packets being sent to the client and on disconnection post a log of the 10 packets sent to the client before they disconnected.
#3: Implement packet joining. In the public version I do not do this but I noticed many of my client stability issues went away when I started combining waiting packets before sending them to the client.
Found something regarding some packets, gonna look into them and compare with some other source to see the structure they need.
As for #3, packets are not my "thing", so i will look into quick solutions after i find the problem.
Found something regarding some packets, gonna look into them and compare with some other source to see the structure they need.
As for #3, packets are not my "thing", so i will look into quick solutions after i find the problem.
Basically packet joining just involves taking all packets waiting to be sent and combining them into a large array before sending.
The 'hard' part is just making sure you are copying to the larger array properly. As a side note you only need to append TQServer at the end of the large packet as far as I can remember (been working with 5017 so very sorry if that's incorrect. Not done it in so long)
Mujake, I suggest you to post questions about Redux in the correct thread instead of here since this has nothing to do with Redux but with a private server running on Redux.
Thanks for post, also can you upload somewhere the log files from client/debug ? wanna see if i can find some answers there.
I edited a lot of client stuff and probably something regarding that causes this.
I am working to get an client that should pose no problems.
texture [1] not found! -- Fri Jan 02 19:51:08 2015
Ani Index [723018] Not Found In [ani/MapItemIcon.Ani] -- Fri Jan 02 19:52:17 2015
AniIndexInfo Not Found 723018 -- Fri Jan 02 19:52:17 2015
Error: CreateNewAni(ani/MapItemIcon.Ani, 723018) failed. -- Fri Jan 02 19:52:17 2015
Got a player with hero id! 1000052 -- Fri Jan 02 19:52:46 2015
Got a player with hero id! 1000052 -- Fri Jan 02 19:54:03 2015
Ani Index [723018] Not Found In [ani/MapItemIcon.Ani] -- Fri Jan 02 19:54:30 2015
AniIndexInfo Not Found 723018 -- Fri Jan 02 19:54:30 2015
Error: CreateNewAni(ani/MapItemIcon.Ani, 723018) failed. -- Fri Jan 02 19:54:30 2015
Got a player with hero id! 1000052 -- Fri Jan 02 19:55:26 2015
Alright I am playing Dawn of the Knights for about 2 weeks now and I would like to tell you guys what I think about it:
Let's start with the sad part of my experience in DotK... The community is pretty small and there are about 10 Players online a day which disappoints me a lot. One more problem that exists is that the client crashes sometimes which is probably some packet issue but the administrator gives his best to fix it as soon as possible. I wish that some of you guys are going to join this server after reading this post, so stay reading
Let's head over to the good things at DotK: First of all the administrator of this server is really doing a great job. He is accepting criticism without getting mad, seriously trying to fix all bugs which were found by players, immediatly. He is not the best programmer but at least he is trying to become one of them. The server itself is based on working for your gear. The rates are balanced and yeah I am playing for about 1-2 weeks and I am still lvl 117 so it will take some time. There is also a nice quest which allows you to change coins (dropped by monsters all over the world) for random rewards such as EXP, Gold or if you are lucky enough, even some + stones. There are also PVP events, Labyrinth quests and more.. I think you won't get bored that fast since you will always have something to do.
So.. that's all what I had to say for now and I hope this is going to persuade some people joining DotK. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.
Cant set knights 06/09/2012 - EO PServer Hosting - 2 Replies Hello all i have a 10K ** limit on my server and after a certain, star it cannot be set as knights, ive tried playing with the cq_official and official.ini but i ended up restoring a backup cause it messed all of them up. Help would be nice thanks all...
Knights 01/09/2012 - Archlord - 3 Replies Just wondering, after the bug 'fixtures' how good are knights now?
[HELP] knights 03/21/2009 - EO PServer Hosting - 13 Replies I am having an issue with my knights i am running the new chinese db and the knights seemed to be working although they are tweaked (not by me) all but the guardian are working fine, but when someone appoints a pet to their guardian thats over 80 stars or over they become un pkable lol, we tested on a player with a 2500 pot and a player with a 7000 pot and the 7000 pot was only hitting 1's on the 2500 pot player even after he had killed his pets, is there some way i can limit the pet players...