Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 08:28

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

AcidCOV3

Discussion on AcidCOV3 within the CO2 PServer Archive forum part of the CO2 PServer Advertising category.

Closed Thread

Old 12/24/2012, 23:17   #16

elite*gold: 0
**** website is horrible but i am 100% sure that the game is awesome... 5 Stars for the game, 2 Stars for the website.
Old 12/25/2012, 01:20   #17

Received Thanks: 1,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmeTheCoder View Post
I hopped on. Definitly not the same standard as old AcidCO. The NPCs are poorly written, such as capital letter after comma etc - and a lower patch would of been prefered.

There also seem to be no limit of attackspeed, meaning you could spam SS/FBs - and the stamina loads way too fast (obviously you don't want regular bufftime, but this is too much).

If it would of been released under a different name it wouldn't get as much hype.
lol poorly written npcs, who reads them anyway? cus i can assure u know 1 on acidco does... if they did they would understand wtf to do -.-
Old 12/25/2012, 02:01   #18

elite*gold: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmeTheCoder View Post
I hopped on. Definitly not the same standard as old AcidCO. The NPCs are poorly written, such as capital letter after comma etc - and a lower patch would of been prefered.

There also seem to be no limit of attackspeed, meaning you could spam SS/FBs - and the stamina loads way too fast (obviously you don't want regular bufftime, but this is too much).

If it would of been released under a different name it wouldn't get as much hype.
Correct, the "hype" would of been significantly less & or though you might disagree I wouldn't feel right unless I noted the unwanted changes are probably due to me, because when a server is released with a new team things change so please don't loose any respect ulti has previously gained using the AcidCO name, however we're trying, fucking hard if I may say so myself... at least 10-15 bugs today fixed alone? Yep, Christmas stuff? That was on time, tournaments? A day hasn't gone by without one being added, players? Happy.

Cut acid some slack.

--

On the note of Christmas the xmas gifts I have been telling you guys to keep have finally been activated and will be of use until the 1/1/2013(1st of January.. a week from today).

You can use a gift once per minute, when you do a Santa AI will appear within +5 of your x coord & within - 5 of your y coord, The AI will decide if you have been good or nice(Santa knows that shit).

If you have been good you will receive a random amount of AcidCO points which you can use to add sockets & plus's to your weapons, the reward will always be at least 250 and upto 1000 AcidCO points.

If you have been bad santa will let you know about this, and you will be thrown into jail for a total of 1 minute.

A random amount of XmasGift's will drop around the TC center every 10 minutes (ranging from 1-5 presents) the amount & exactly where is completely random.

The parade1 will now automatically activate every 10 minutes too, each parade drops roughly 10 presents.

Piano has been added for public use.

Pass the bomb & Kill the captain are now functional too.

--NOTE: If you need help please use @help before asking a staff member, thanks.

Merry Christmas!
Old 12/25/2012, 02:08   #19

The server itself is actually quite good, it`s still in an early stage, so minor (code-wise, not gameplay-wise) bugs like these are acceptable. If you guys need any help, feel free to give me a PM, I`d gladly do so.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/25/2012, 02:11   #20

elite*gold: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by _DreadNought_ View Post
Correct, the "hype" would of been significantly less & or though you might disagree I wouldn't feel right unless I noted the unwanted changes are probably due to me, because when a server is released with a new team things change so please don't loose any respect ulti has previously gained using the AcidCO name, however we're trying, ******* hard if I may say so myself... at least 10-15 bugs today fixed alone? Yep, Christmas stuff? That was on time, tournaments? A day hasn't gone by without one being added, players? Happy.

Cut acid some slack.
The comments were mainly about the website, there has only been 1 comment about something ingame. So my suggestion is that once the website gets a proper update, those comments can basically be forgotten.
The website is the first impression you get of an server, don't forget that
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/25/2012, 02:38   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraHen View Post
The server itself is actually quite good, it`s still in an early stage, so minor (code-wise, not gameplay-wise) bugs like these are acceptable. If you guys need any help, feel free to give me a PM, I`d gladly do so.
<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by turk55 View Post
The comments were mainly about the website, there has only been 1 comment about something ingame. So my suggestion is that once the website gets a proper update, those comments can basically be forgotten.
The website is the first impression you get of an server, don't forget that
I still think it's badass.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/25/2012, 07:31   #22

Quote:
Epic facepalm. This right here just makes me lose all hope.
Old 12/25/2012, 08:45   #23

Quote:
Is it about what you think or is it about what others think of the site?
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/25/2012, 12:34   #24

No, that`s totally lame, not badass. THIS is badass.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/25/2012, 12:36   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Kinshi View Post
Epic facepalm. This right here just makes me lose all hope.
That does not mean it wont change, been edited, or totally removed in the future it just means I like it.. Your buddy says he thinks this girl is hot, you don't, doesnt make you loose faith?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraHen View Post
No, that`s totally lame, not badass. THIS is badass.
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshio:) View Post
Is it about what you think or is it about what others think of the site?
Urh
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/25/2012, 13:22   #26

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
If your mate is talking about a 20 stone lard **** who is ugly as ****, then yeah it would...

Your website is the gateway to your server, it will turn people away if its poorly written and designed because it is a reflection of your server and how that is written. You can have the best server in the world, if its not marketed correctly then you can forget it.

Edit: The website doesn't render on IE10, correctly, leaderboards takes you to a 404, FAQ takes you to the install guide, the home button on the donation page (which is styled differently to the rest of the site) takes you too a 404, the guide link takes you to a guide page which tells you to register, that link takes you to a sql login error (lol!). Just a small collection of the frankly laughable number of issues with your site.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/25/2012, 15:45   #27

I appreciate you taking the time & noting the issues, we will address them as soon as we can.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/25/2012, 19:21   #28

Quote:
That does not mean it wont change, been edited, or totally removed in the future it just means I like it.. Your buddy says he thinks this girl is hot, you don't, doesnt make you loose faith?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
If your mate is talking about a 20 stone lard **** who is ugly as ****, then yeah it would...
Took the words out of my mouth haha
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/26/2012, 05:28   #29

Try making the banner in a minor size, enough to read the main menu w/o scrolling, and in the vertical menu (Install guide, Game Guide, etc...) add some img over that bg, words over a bg looks a bit ugly :c... tomorrow i shall download the client
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/26/2012, 17:14   #30

elite*gold: 1142
Received Thanks: 1,161
I wonder how much time is spent on securing the web part, as it is linked with your database..
Closed Thread