Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 20:26

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Anti-Rename System

Discussion on Anti-Rename System within the CO2 Programming forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Anti-Rename System

Does anyone knows arround here how to make a file non-renameable ? If someone knows please give me some hints I'll try to do my best !
Old 07/26/2010, 00:55   #2

elite*gold: 20
An unusual question and my instant reaction would be that you can't.
I'm not that educated on that subject, so if anyone can correct me feel free.

Out of curiosity, what do you need to do such a thing for?
Old 07/26/2010, 01:19   #3

elite*gold: 28
Can't stop renaming of a file, by programming that is, well, maybe, I know folders like system32 cant be deleted/renamed because it has a windows security protection in place but maybe you can add the function to the folder, But even so there are programs to bypass that. Short answer No. Long answer: to an extent.
Old 07/26/2010, 14:39   #4

Add a Function related to windows system to shut down if bypassing and renamed .. buildin function related to a system function file of shut downing the windows and add a function of hiding process working not to be renamed
Old 07/26/2010, 15:07   #5

elite*gold: 28
No, as I said there are programs that it is very very easy for them to bypass that.
Old 07/26/2010, 17:59   #6

Received Thanks: 2,518
The only real way, is to use the NTFS file permissions in windows to deny users write permissions. However the user can no longer make any alterations to the file, or its contents.
Old 07/27/2010, 00:44   #7

Okay, thank you for your help! I'll do my best and if I succed, I'll share with you guys. Thanks alot !
Old 07/27/2010, 23:26   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
The only real way, is to use the NTFS file permissions in windows to deny users write permissions. However the user can no longer make any alterations to the file, or its contents.
Unless you write a ring0 program to do it
Old 07/28/2010, 00:36   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian* View Post
Unless you write a ring0 program to do it
Even if you write a program to do it, you can always just rename it in windows if the permissions allow it, unless the program was running 24/7 and kept an exclusive lock on the file, which would also render the file useless.
Old 07/28/2010, 10:27   #10

you can stop files from being renamed with a driver or a rootkit.

i cant remember the exact function you need to hook and listen for but yeah.

you dont have to completely lock the file. the name change can be prevented itself
Old 07/28/2010, 11:28   #11

Well anyways i think to better construct an answer we need to know the reason behind this, why do you need to stop a file from being rewritten, which users have access to it and via which methods (network users, local users, web users)?
Old 07/29/2010, 22:14   #12

You obiviously knew the Aimbot made by Hybrid and you obiviously know that the Aimbot works only if the Conquer.exe it's named like that, if it's named like ExampleCO.exe you need to change his name to Conquer.exe to make the Aimbot work. So, I need to know how do I prevent the files to be renamed or a method to edit my files to change something there that Aimbot needs to be working...Obiviously, I use binaries and, you can check the Advertise Categoy to see yourself that I'm not using binaries to make money, I just created a PvP server where everyone can spend theire free time or some of it and have fun. I'm not starting to use a C# source because I don't need to re-create and plus that, need to learn C# first. I want a fair gameplay for everyone that's why I need to stop that !
Old 07/29/2010, 22:20   #13

fair enough, but what would stop them from just using a different conquer.exe?
Old 07/30/2010, 00:07   #14

Because I'll change the CryptKey and not many people know how to figure out what it's the CK atm, alot of them are egiptyans and, to be honest, I assume that they cannot find the method to search for the new CryptKey...

Later edit: After I'm done with this Aimbot thing, I can reduce the nr of players that are using Aimbot after the system is done because from like 50 people most of them doesn't know how to what I said b4 and I can enter the game and Botjail them easily bcoz they are not too many like it was and it is right now.
Old 07/30/2010, 23:45   #15

elite*gold: 106
Received Thanks: 1,164
Easy, stop useing binary files. -.-
It gota be better ways to do this than makeing them unable to rename the file.
Closed Thread