Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Programming
You last visited: Today at 23:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Anyone with ollydbg experience.

Discussion on Anyone with ollydbg experience. within the CO2 Programming forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Anyone with ollydbg experience.

It might kinda seem off topic as it is not directly related to conquer but i am practicing with ollydbg and want to trace back the WS2_32 function call of Tibia online client. As a newbie to olly i want to know why i can't find the head of the function in which the Send function is being called

So if anyone with knowledge of debugging can get to TV and help me a little bit understanding things out it will be very good, otherwise you can just tell me what should i learn first or provide me with some links/books.
Old 04/21/2014, 02:20   #2

CipSoft's anti bot detection is years ahead of anything TQ can do.
I would suggest you get into the p-server development instead.

But you are correct, this is off-topic and will likely be moved.
Old 04/21/2014, 02:40   #3

Received Thanks: 8,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceking View Post

TQ's anti-cheat is actually fairly advanced these days. I'm pretty sure most who have been reversing the client will say the same.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/21/2014, 02:56   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by phize View Post
TQ's anti-cheat is actually fairly advanced these days. I'm pretty sure most who have been reversing the client will say the same.
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not saying TQ's isn't advanced or anything.
These guys have just got quite a head start on them in that field.
Old 04/21/2014, 15:32   #5

Quote:
But from my experience in Tibia, and from all the bots for it that all use Memory in order to automate the game i think that hooking the send function (before the encryption occurs) will be effective. Also from what i know hooking can work with any online game it is just the matter of time until you find the function. Am i right ?
Old 04/21/2014, 18:07   #6

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRambo View Post
Just all the different checks they've implemented. They use like 80 % of the "tricks" mentioned and a lot of other stuff too. Props to TQ, they really did a good job.
/ko
Old 04/21/2014, 18:51   #7

elite*gold: 20
Quote:

If you call tibia's anti bot system advanced I suggest you to consider to never attempt making a bot.

To be honest they do not have any client side detection on bots, so feel free to inject whatever into your client. Also as far as I know there is no real server side bot detection. It just works that if one player is reported by 50 players (in-game functionality) they will ban you.

If you want to make a bot for Tibia perhaps the easiest way is indeed to inject and call their functions, so you don't have to send your own packets and bypass the risk of sending outdated packets.

If you're very familiair with private server development, you might find it more easy to reverse engineer the packets and make them yourself.
Old 04/21/2014, 23:46   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackpotsvr View Post
If you call tibia's anti bot system advanced I suggest you to consider to never attempt making a bot.

To be honest they do not have any client side detection on bots, so feel free to inject whatever into your client. Also as far as I know there is no real server side bot detection. It just works that if one player is reported by 50 players (in-game functionality) they will ban you.

If you want to make a bot for Tibia perhaps the easiest way is indeed to inject and call their functions, so you don't have to send your own packets and bypass the risk of sending outdated packets.

If you're very familiair with private server development, you might find it more easy to reverse engineer the packets and make them yourself.
Well another question that came into my mind...

What are the base requirements that i have to learn in order to be able to consider hacking/creating bots for any online game and by any i mean ANY NEW OR OLD. i have a c# experience of 6 years but i feel that i don't cover the fields that make me qualified for such things.
Old 04/22/2014, 12:28   #9

Reverse engineering and networking for sure, also some basic graph theory, AI programming.
Old 04/22/2014, 22:08   #10

Can i be more jealous by asking every one here who finds himself expert at reverse engineering and/or networking. What things/books/tutorials... etc have you followed in order to get where you are now ?. Also do i have to migrate to C++ or something or C# is enough for me (giving that i am almost good with).
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/23/2014, 05:13   #11

C# can do what you`re after, it will be harder though. In C/C++ you work directly with native and even machine code, and that exposes the underlying assembly as well, so its easier to interact with the low level stuff. I`d suggest you to do it in C/C++, at least these parts, and the rest in C# if you`re willing to combine languages (which is perfectly acceptable and in some cases even advised). About the RE/Networking part, I`m nowhere near an expert, but I can give you a few tips.

1. Don`t do RE. Just study plain ASM, NASM or MASM would be ideal. Then, move on to RE. You don`t have to be an ASM genius to read code spit out by Olly anyways. Also, consider other software, like IDA. IDA is a great disassembler, where Olly excels as a debugger. It`s nice to learn to use both of them, at least at an entry level.
2. As for networking, refer to old UNIX socket tutorials. They will help you understand what`s going on behind the curtains, after that, move on to high-level APIs, such as System.Net.Sockets in .NET, and read up on that. It will help you A LOT, trust me.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/23/2014, 16:57   #12

Received Thanks: 1,147
Although not initially linked to CO2, most of what have been said can be applied to CO2, so.

#Moved