Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Programming
You last visited: Today at 03:21

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Whats more commonly used in programming?

Discussion on Whats more commonly used in programming? within the CO2 Programming forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 09/10/2009, 05:59   #16

elite*gold: 20
Honestly the most commonly used language is Java
Old 09/14/2009, 11:55   #17

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterman01 View Post
Honestly the most commonly used language is Java
this.

As for this thread, whoever mentioned C# is **** and teaches bad habits, they are clearly on drugs. Java & C# are mainstream and the standard for good code practices. C# has a little more power for windows only, Java is managed better for OS compatibility.
Old 09/14/2009, 16:13   #18

Brainfuck - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

THE best. Lol.
Old 09/18/2009, 02:23   #19

What would be your recommendations if you wanted to make bots and hacks in conquer like tele hack or proxy(like jproxy). I know its way to early to talk about making a proxy, but just wondering cause I keep getting told C++ or C# and still can't decide which one to go for.
Old 09/18/2009, 17:27   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediderek1 View Post
What would be your recommendations if you wanted to make bots and hacks in conquer like tele hack or proxy(like jproxy). I know its way to early to talk about making a proxy, but just wondering cause I keep getting told C++ or C# and still can't decide which one to go for.
jProxy was meant to be coded in java(hence the "j") with jni calling a C++ dll which would execute more "protected" functions.

However, the team doesn't like java ( ) so because of the general ease of calling native code from C#, we went with that.

You could do it in any of the languages(if you know what you're doing).

People complain that C++ is more difficult, the only way it is more difficult is because(imo anyway) it lacks a BCL(Base Common Library).
If you could make calls to java.io, System.IO, etc, then C++ would probably seem "easier" to everyone.

Everything you need already exists in C++, it just isn't all as easy to find.

Personally I love java, and I'm actually working with learning more about java web apps, java server pages, etc;
So as a personal decision, I'd recommend java.
Old 09/19/2009, 00:24   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd123 View Post
jProxy was meant to be coded in java(hence the "j") with jni calling a C++ dll which would execute more "protected" functions.

However, the team doesn't like java ( ) so because of the general ease of calling native code from C#, we went with that.

You could do it in any of the languages(if you know what you're doing).

People complain that C++ is more difficult, the only way it is more difficult is because(imo anyway) it lacks a BCL(Base Common Library).
If you could make calls to java.io, System.IO, etc, then C++ would probably seem "easier" to everyone.

Everything you need already exists in C++, it just isn't all as easy to find.

Personally I love java, and I'm actually working with learning more about java web apps, java server pages, etc;
So as a personal decision, I'd recommend java.
Thanks for sharing, is there any advantages using java from c++ and C# in programming ways and conquer ways? Like for example, easier to learn, easier to work with, more features?
Old 09/19/2009, 04:56   #22

Quote:
Thanks for sharing, is there any advantages using java from c++ and C# in programming ways and conquer ways? Like for example, easier to learn, easier to work with, more features?
not really, all these memory edit/click bots are much much easier to write in C# than Java, in this sort of programming java doesn't really give any advantages, however people like myself naturally love java, it can still do everything C# can, just with more work. with java the only type of hack/bot you can really do is by writing a proxy, or JNI which requires C++

As for the name jProxy, when i heard that i clearly thought it was java then i heard them say C# and was like wtf
Old 09/19/2009, 06:58   #23

Received Thanks: 1,335
BASIC FTW LOL
Old 09/19/2009, 19:11   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChingChong23 View Post
not really, all these memory edit/click bots are much much easier to write in C# than Java, in this sort of programming java doesn't really give any advantages, however people like myself naturally love java, it can still do everything C# can, just with more work. with java the only type of hack/bot you can really do is by writing a proxy, or JNI which requires C++

As for the name jProxy, when i heard that i clearly thought it was java then i heard them say C# and was like wtf
Alright, would you guys suggest that someone who has no training start with vb or would it be ok to start in C#?
Old 09/19/2009, 19:31   #25

Received Thanks: 2,198
Quote:
Alright, would you guys suggest that someone who has no training start with vb or would it be ok to start in C#?
VB.NET and C#.NET are similar in a lot of ways, imo it doesn't matter which one you start out with. I'd choose VB.NET since it's easier and more "noob" friendly (my opinion). A lot of people say that C# is capable of doing a lot more than VB.NET, but a closer look at this article shows that the difference isn't that big:

Old 09/19/2009, 22:57   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmHawtness View Post
VB.NET and C#.NET are similar in a lot of ways, imo it doesn't matter which one you start out with. I'd choose VB.NET since it's easier and more "noob" friendly (my opinion). A lot of people say that C# is capable of doing a lot more than VB.NET, but a closer look at this article shows that the difference isn't that big:

Sweet, thanks a bunch.
Old 09/19/2009, 23:08   #27

Is this proxy talk hook-based? I cannot fathom how to make a proxy without an external DLL to hook into the winsock functions and with that being impossible in C# I'm limited to the publicly-released packets.