Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Programming
You last visited: Today at 11:34

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How do you put a server's source together?

Discussion on How do you put a server's source together? within the CO2 Programming forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
How do you put a server's source together?

So there are tons of different classes. Classes for networking, classes for packets. A lot of classes there. I no longer have anyone to help me with coding other then a few good friends on MSN and InfamousNoone's tutorials. I can probably bust my *** and throw a server together but there's a problem.

Where do I start!?

It wouldn't be in program.cs, I'm almost sure of it. And if I'm wrong, that means I need more help than I thought, because that's where you load everything, right? So there's character.cs, cryptography.cs, etc. Where do I start? The more advice you could give me for putting together a 5017 - 5160 server, the more I will love you. Don't get me wrong, any advice is fantastic advice, but I'm not sure a 5400+ patch server has the same shizz as a 5017 or 5124 server.

Beggers can't be choosers, so go ahead and give me whatever you have as long as it's not flamed and coming out of your ***. Thanks!
Old 08/22/2011, 11:57   #2

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Sockets and surrounding classes
Basic Client Object (Enough info to login)
Cryptography and surrounding classes
Basic PacketHandler (Consisting of basic login handling)

From that you should be able to login, after this you have a few paths you can take depending on what you would like to do first, i tend to do things in this order from here:

Movement
Items
Database
NPCs
Monsters

And then its just a case of adding in the various features to the game, i leave the database untill i actually need it, no sense is adding it if your not going to use it untill say Item/Equipment loading, unless your doing some form of open development server where people can login whenever in whichcase Database should be after the basic setup and before any additions are made.

Theres plenty of source code released in the pserver guide section, ive released 2/3 different server sources in there myself you from this list and those sources you should be able to figure out a decent development path.
Old 08/22/2011, 12:04   #3

Werent you coding one from scratch?
Old 08/22/2011, 17:14   #4

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
*cough*

*cough*
Old 08/22/2011, 18:20   #5

Thank you Korvacs, and lol Pro4Never, I seriously never noticed that until now xD... or maybe I did and figured it was some joke... or maybe I looked at it once and didn't understand it. Well either way, thanks Pro4never.

And I actually just started coding my own server together. Basically all I have right now is the "beginning" of sockets. I'm still learning how to do socket programming which is a major pain in my ***. So far this is all I know how to do...
Quote:
public event Action<AsyncWrapper> ClientConnect
public event Action<AsyncWrapper, byte[]> ClientReceive
public event Action<object> ClientDisconnect

private Socket _connection = new Socket(AddressFamily.InterNetwork, SocketType.Stream, ProtocolType.Tcp)
As you can see that's not near enough to even start on my sockets. There would be more but I just can't seem to understand it!
Old 08/23/2011, 01:41   #6

In the base source I released, it has a KinSocket.dll file I made.
It has sockets, encryption, and a bunch of useful things.
If you want the source for the dll let me know.
Old 08/25/2011, 11:28   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBlackPlagu3x View Post
Thank you Korvacs, and lol Pro4Never, I seriously never noticed that until now xD... or maybe I did and figured it was some joke... or maybe I looked at it once and didn't understand it. Well either way, thanks Pro4never.

And I actually just started coding my own server together. Basically all I have right now is the "beginning" of sockets. I'm still learning how to do socket programming which is a major pain in my ***. So far this is all I know how to do...

As you can see that's not near enough to even start on my sockets. There would be more but I just can't seem to understand it!

Old 08/25/2011, 13:29   #8

elite*gold: 28
Sockets are not the first thing you should be learning to code. Methods, class's, objects, operators and ****.
Old 08/25/2011, 14:54   #9

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Its not that hes new to coding, hes just new to server development.
Old 08/26/2011, 18:28   #10

elite*gold: 28
Gotcha.