Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Programming
You last visited: Today at 17:22

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

C# Tutorial through source code!

Discussion on C# Tutorial through source code! within the CO2 Programming forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
C# Tutorial through source code!

I hate always taking from the community and never giving... so I thought that maybe I could give a little now! ^.^

I don't know much about C# other than basic stuff like WHAT threading is, not how to do it. Or stuff like Console.WriteLine("") stuff like that, loops etc.

But what I do know how to do is how to explain it to you. I've posted some entries on PasteBin.com some source code for each topic along with comments explaining to you what they all mean and how that code works. I've gotten a few great compliments, none that are bad so far so maybe you'll want to take a look at them. I'll keep this thread updated as to the lessons I upload.

Lesson 1:

Lesson 2:

Lesson 3:

Lesson 4:

Thanks
1 User
Old 07/27/2011, 12:31   #2

Received Thanks: 8,441
I'm sorry, but if you don't know much C# why do you think you should give "tutorials" on it?

Old 07/27/2011, 12:34   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synsia View Post
I'm sorry, but if you don't know much C# why do you think you should give "tutorials" on it?
Because what I do know matters. Especially to those who don't know any. With the knowledge in these 3 "tutorials" you could code your own text-line RPG. Don't say you can't, because I have. C++ and Python both.
Old 07/27/2011, 12:38   #4

I would imagine those wanting to learn C# would read actual books and not pastebins from one who is a beginner himself. Besides, there is already tons of material on C# here on the CO2 forums alone.

Old 07/27/2011, 12:42   #5

Quote:
I would imagine those wanting to learn C# would read actual books and not pastebins from one who is a beginner himself. Besides, there is already tons of material on C# here on the CO2 forums alone.
I don't learn from books. I learned from source code and I'm sure there are others like me who don't like to learn from books OR it slows their learning curve down. Did you even take a look at those PasteBins? Do you code in C#? If you can say "No" to any of those questions and be truthful, then there's no room for destructive-criticism. Who cares if there is a ton of material on C#? If that's the case then my contribution won't hurt. Besides, if people read it and they either don't like it or can't understand it, they can leave it alone.
Old 07/27/2011, 13:09   #6

For a complete beginner to programming, your pastes aren't really that helpful because you leave way too much out. Not a word on what a namespace is, what static or void etc means.

Also I didn't bring any "destructive" criticism, I asked/stated my opinion.
Old 07/27/2011, 13:18   #7

Quote:
For a complete beginner to programming, your pastes aren't really that helpful because you leave way too much out. Not a word on what a namespace is, what static or void etc means.

Also I didn't bring any "destructive" criticism, I asked/stated my opinion.
Well you're right as I didn't explain what a name space is. Or static. OR void. But I have in my lastest one, so Nyeh! Lol

Sorry, it just seemed as if you were trying to put my tutorial down and basically tell me to gtfo. If I misunderstood, then I apologize. If I came off as hostile, again, I apologize.
Old 07/27/2011, 13:29   #8

Haha, oh well
Old 07/27/2011, 15:55   #9

/thread
Old 07/27/2011, 20:28   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBlackPlagu3x View Post
If that's the case then my contribution won't hurt. Besides, if people read it and they either don't like it or can't understand it, they can leave it alone.
I emphasize.
Old 07/27/2011, 20:58   #11

Not really a contribution if its been done countless times before. But good effort none the less.
Old 07/27/2011, 21:16   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaksha View Post
Not really a contribution if its been done countless times before. But good effort none the less.
That's the way to look at it, at least I'm making an attempt unlike all of the other leeches.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/06/2011, 20:02   #13

I have knowledge of C # (I'm learning at school) and would like to make my programs to CO but do not know where to start or what files are changed. Can you help me?

« Mobs Spawn Range! | I need help plzzz »