Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Programming
You last visited: Today at 01:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Algorithm for Awarding Virtue Points.

Discussion on Algorithm for Awarding Virtue Points. within the CO2 Programming forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Algorithm for Awarding Virtue Points.

Does anyone have it? I mean the official algorithm, or as close as possible. If all else fails, I'll spend a while looking through the binaries for it... lol.
Old 03/06/2011, 21:23   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Sadly tq changed vp ages ago so that it awards mid level after I think... 30 or so?

Are you planning to properly work your source (I assume this is in relation to pservers) so that it works the same as tq using partial level awards? Or do you want the OLD calculation?
Old 03/07/2011, 00:31   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Sadly tq changed vp ages ago so that it awards mid level after I think... 30 or so?

Are you planning to properly work your source (I assume this is in relation to pservers) so that it works the same as tq using partial level awards? Or do you want the OLD calculation?
The old calculation; it's for a 4267-based source. Do you know when they changed calculations?
Old 03/07/2011, 02:33   #4

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Not sure... It was a very long time ago though. Definitely pre 5017 but decently into conquer 2.0 so I'll place a tentative guess like 4500-4600'ish patches.

The thing is no servers I've seen use the new calculations where vp is awarded at X% as well as on leveling so there isn't much point using pservers as an example here.

No offense but what reason do you have for trying to get the ACTUAL values? I mean you could easily check the vp gains on real conquer and work off that but seeing as there is nothing to compare it against why not just balance how your vp calc works vs the vp requirements of your server.
Old 03/07/2011, 02:47   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Not sure... It was a very long time ago though. Definitely pre 5017 but decently into conquer 2.0 so I'll place a tentative guess like 4500-4600'ish patches.

The thing is no servers I've seen use the new calculations where vp is awarded at X% as well as on leveling so there isn't much point using pservers as an example here.

No offense but what reason do you have for trying to get the ACTUAL values? I mean you could easily check the vp gains on real conquer and work off that but seeing as there is nothing to compare it against why not just balance how your vp calc works vs the vp requirements of your server.
Perfectionism reasons, really. I'm trying as hard as I can to mimic the 4267 server for my private server.
Old 03/07/2011, 03:56   #6

Received Thanks: 1,147
Ask unknownone, he is probably the best person who can answer... But, I don't know if he knows about the VPs algorithm for CO1.
Old 03/07/2011, 11:21   #7

elite*gold: 1142
Received Thanks: 1,161
I think I got it somewhere.. I'll get back to this thread if I find it, and I believe it's the official one
Old 03/07/2011, 14:01   #8

Algorithm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

VS

Equation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 03/07/2011, 20:31   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraHen View Post
Cool, thanks. Any actual input?
Old 03/08/2011, 19:46   #10

Your best bet is to ask infamousnoone, he's a genius when it comes to things like that.
Old 03/09/2011, 07:23   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yup Arco View Post
Your best bet is to ask infamousnoone, he's a genius when it comes to things like that.
Asked him, he doesn't know. I'll ask unknownone when he gets on MSN again...
Old 03/09/2011, 15:39   #12

Received Thanks: 1,335
I doubt anyone would know, there's not much of a purpose for it.
Old 03/09/2011, 16:54   #13

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Make one up? It doesn't really matter what it is. Have you tried recording values and inputting them into a calculation finder?
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/10/2011, 01:08   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
Make one up? It doesn't really matter what it is. Have you tried recording values and inputting them into a calculation finder?
No, because as pro4never said, the calculation has changed since a late 43xx patch... Although if anyone thought to write down some of the old values before it was changed, feel free to hand them over. ;>

I just had a thought - Did the actual calculation change on levels or does it just add virtue points for partial levels? If it hasn't, then I can just log the values when a character levels.

I know it sounds pointless, but bear with me.
Old 03/10/2011, 01:29   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
"Calculation finder" really struck my attention, sorry lateralus, gotta side track your thread to satisfy my curiosity.

Koracs, i just googled that term, didn't find any meaningful results. Do you know of any calculation finders?