Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 06:41

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Beginner Thoughts ,

Discussion on Beginner Thoughts , within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,107
Beginner Thoughts ,

Deleted.
Old 01/28/2011, 14:31   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,377
It all depends on your attitude.

Personally I feel that coding a pserver (a serious one) should have the focus on learning rather than a successful server (cause the time required is huge and the rewards are small per hour... compared to say, hosting a bin server)

You learning to code your own source is a GREAT thing but keep in mind that it may be a 'waste of time' from a successful server standpoint. Any server, especially 5165 is going to have the assumption that you're just running a crappy lotf server and you'll have to overcome that (hell I've had quite a few coming on my current patch server asking if its newestcoserver).

If you can get this project to a playable state then you will have learned enough about coding to do that many more things... then you can decide where to go from there (IE: Join a larger project, get people to join yours, host a server... move on to something else)
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/28/2011, 14:44   #3

My toughts:

1º - A PServer doesn't matter what patch will you use (it can be even the alpha client);
2º - Everything that will be on your server or you want to do in it is up only to you... But there is a few things that u have to keep in mind... if you make something that has been never maked before, or just change something that is already done into the CO Features... will be better than anything that you've....
3º - Always keep someone to help you coding or to help you with new ideas to the server, will get you some free time to think on how to code some important things.
4º - Get someone to make the site or be a helper... this person can help you to get your mind clear, you can think on what is wrong and make it work better...
5º - Keep your good work and try to learn more always.... will be good to yourself...
6º - Don't stay thinking on what the other pserver's have or what will be of it... think on your.... how do you need to work on it... to keep a good pserver.... how will be in the future... what do you want new (some times... try to talk to a player... and see what he think's about... should help)
7º - Always do what do you want... even if it become wrong later... try to keep it working and if not work... try to make it... one day... one hour... it will work...

Hope you get a better coder than you are now... and good luck making your pserver!

Everything else is up to you...

CYA!
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/28/2011, 15:14   #4

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,377
Very good advice there. I stuck more to the coding/time commitment side of things but you're definitely correct.
Old 01/31/2011, 07:25   #5

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,000
Here's some good ol' moderation for you.

#Cleaned
Thanks
5 Users
Old 01/31/2011, 13:58   #6

What this power is, I cannot say. All I know is that it exists...and it becomes available only when you are in that state of mind in which you know exactly what you want...and are fully determined not to quit until you get it.
~ Alexander Graham Bell
Thanks
2 Users