Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 00:09

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

scatter bug

Discussion on scatter bug within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
scatter bug

im using 5165 NewestCoServer source.

i fixed the damage bug with regualar archer attacks, but ive been trying to fix the damage bug when they use scatter. at the moment i hit 210kk from people when i scatter. ive tried differrent things to fix this bug now idk what to do. any ideas?
Old 01/06/2011, 04:10   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Re-code damage calculations from scratch.

Lotf has insultingly bad calculations at times. Also keep in mind that there are all sorts of upgrade bugs in lotf where you upgrade an item and its stats double cause it doesn't remove stats from the old version... yahhh lotf is kinda pathetic.
Old 01/06/2011, 04:19   #3

well that is somewhat helpful but im not using lotf source. i said at the beggining of my post "im using 5165 NewestCoServer source"

so any idea bout that? or same advice? to recode it
Old 01/06/2011, 05:19   #4

newest co server was originally made by tannel... aka it's lotf.... and it sucks.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/07/2011, 01:21   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
newest co server was originally made by tannel... aka it's lotf.... and it sucks.
a lot...
Old 01/08/2011, 21:35   #6

Please don't bash something's that is way beyond your capabilities and besides i named my new source lotf too and you should see how much it differs from its predecessor.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/08/2011, 23:59   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadeset View Post
Please don't bash something's that is way beyond your capabilities and besides i named my new source lotf too and you should see how much it differs from its predecessor.
I have nothing against you as a person and am well aware that you are a decent coder... that being said there is simply no claiming that the 5165 or 5017 versions of lotf are in any way 'good'.

I'm sure your new source is far better and I learned quite a bit form your proxy which got leaked but what is already released to the public is NOT worth attempting to run a server using.

Also beyond my capabilities? My server is using my own custom source running current tq patch... Not claiming that I'm a better coder by any means but claiming that I am incapable of creating my own source better than the original 5017 or 5165 lotf is a bit laughable.
Old 01/09/2011, 13:33   #8

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12tails View Post
a lot...
It's funny how people who probably once used it or learned from it are the ones who criticize it the most.

Quote:
I have nothing against you as a person and am well aware that you are a decent coder... that being said there is simply no claiming that the 5165 or 5017 versions of lotf are in any way 'good'.

I'm sure your new source is far better and I learned quite a bit form your proxy which got leaked but what is already released to the public is NOT worth attempting to run a server using.

Also beyond my capabilities? My server is using my own custom source running current tq patch... Not claiming that I'm a better coder by any means but claiming that I am incapable of creating my own source better than the original 5017 or 5165 lotf is a bit laughable.
Getting a bit cocky are we?
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/09/2011, 16:48   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsolder05 View Post
Getting a bit cocky are we?
Actually yah, that last line was a bit cocky... Just that any time I've looked at any version of lotf it's a HUGE mess of code.

I've only once ever considered running a server using lotf (back when I was first taking some baby steps in programming after using base coemu for a while) and after about a day of seeing how messy basically everything in the source was I switched back to coemu/cofuture to learn on (not saying they are in any way perfect... doesn't mean lotf is that great though).

I'll admit though that much of the bad rep lotf gets is not related to tannel... it's more so related to the messy half working features everyone has frankenstine'd into the source.

When I'm bashing lotf it's not against tannel, it's against the current pserver situation.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/09/2011, 17:26   #10

Received Thanks: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsolder05 View Post
It's funny how people who probably once used it or learned from it are the ones who criticize it the most.
Alright then, take it from a guy who used it for 5 months straight.
Source sucks. Srsly. I hated it, but I didn't really know how to code back then, so I had to deal with it. The source had many bugs in it to begin with, then theres the instability of the source. It was horrible, Tanel I love you<3 lol, but the source was horrible, but nnone of that matters now cause he codes a whole lot better than he used to.
Thanks
2 Users