[Help]Creating new map from scratch anyone good idea how to do!
Discussion on [Help]Creating new map from scratch anyone good idea how to do! within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.
Basically you will want a high level of gui/graphic manipulation knowledge. The simplest way to do it is to create a program that will create a grid for the desired map dimensions and allow you to place down 3x3 graphic tiles and set access information for each tile (height/access).
Then when you click compile you will need to do a few things...
#1: Write a dmap file based on the tile information/dimensions/map name
#2: Write a puzzle file (dmap file links to this) is a x/y table of images for the map (keeping in mind that images are NOT single x/y coords but are a 'chunk' of coords.
#3: Write an ANI file which links up the image table with actual images in your client
#4: Place the images for the map in the correct location (linked from ani file)
The actual file types are VERY easy to structure (took me all of an hour or two) but good luck setting up a program from scratch that will do all that and work with dds files properly (Note: XNA works for it, haven't seen a good solution for java which was what we were writing our map creator with)
Sadly Noah is super busy with school so he hasn't had time to finish our prototype map editing software
ooh yea i know itsnt simple but i think for sure their are many peoples here can create new map from scratch also i can pay for that if they would like!!
Actually as far as I know there is only one or two map creation programs ever outside of tq. Sparkie made one and Yakuza has one (fairly sure it's the one sparkie made). Outside of that I've not heard anyone even claim to have such software. Ours never got very far mostly due to noah being hella busy and me staying the **** away from GUI/Graphic manipulation cause it's an area where I have virtually 0 exp. I just stopped after structuring the files involved and determining how they are used.
simple really, create a map in any file format in paint, create an app that loads up that image, allows you to draw non walkable areas around it, saves it as a dmap, cuts your image up into chunks then converts them to dds format, make an ani file or whatever and your done.
i'll make an editor for it in a week or whenever im feeling better.
The easiest way actually would be to use a tile based system.
Program creates a grid which you can 'drop' pre-made tiles onto and set access levels/height for. Once done chunk the tiles into final images, write the ani/scene/dmap files.
While technically simple it's far from a 'simple' task. That's also not including map objects at all...
That being said, if you do decide to write up some basic system that would be interesting to see.
Or make an editor that slices it out to tiles after ur done making the map.
Like u make the map in photoshop, save as png, jpg or something.
Then uploads it with the editor, wich will slice it in tiles (Not yet, but showed how it would be).
Then u can click like Y/N on every tile, Y will make them walkable, N will make them DMap.
then it's posible, is posible create a editor for own benefit?...
right now i'm thinking create that tool. in C# with DirectX, OpenGl, GDI or Ogre(mogre in .net).
I need create new maps for my Server.
I still cant decide by the graphics library, but I'm sure I'll take DirectX or OpenGL.
then it's posible, is posible create a editor for own benefit?...
right now i'm thinking create that tool. in C# with DirectX, OpenGl, GDI or Ogre(mogre in .net).
I need create new maps for my Server.
I still cant decide by the graphics library, but I'm sure I'll take DirectX or OpenGL.
Seeing as dds is geared towards and wrapped right into directx, I'd say that's an obvious choice.
That an XNA in C# works very nicely (hell, it deals with dds images right out of the box w/o issues)
Creating a source from scratch? 06/05/2010 - CO2 Private Server - 26 Replies Can anyone tell me how I go about creating a source from scratch,
I can do most coding but I really don't understand sockets, I kind of understand packets and I'm planning to create it for 4267 client.
Are there any blank sources with just login at least with a good socket system that I could start from?
It's really just a learning experience for me, and if its a success perhaps i'll use it.
Thanks!
Need good TuT for creating accounts. 01/10/2009 - Dekaron Private Server - 0 Replies Hi
i need a good TuT/VideoTUT for creating accounts direct in Enterprise Manager.
I download a Video but whats it show doesnt work. He alwas say Incorrect ID.
Idea:Possibly good potential idea! 10/26/2005 - Conquer Online 2 - 3 Replies Well today I was thinking and it was stated that it's impossible to view if you have a +1 item unless you look in your inventory, but it is generated before its picked up.
This could be a big job, could be worth it if it was possible and done correctly though. Turn the items on the floors into items in your inventory images, I should probably explain a bit more. The images that are used in your inventory, put those on the floor. That way if you moused over the image it'd show the +1...