Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 12:21

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

PURE Classic 1.0 conquer

Discussion on PURE Classic 1.0 conquer within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
PURE Classic 1.0 conquer

this server will be starting shortly but here is some screenshots of it working
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 99486606.jpg (451.4 KB, 632 views)
File Type: jpg 109690347.jpg (316.7 KB, 582 views)
File Type: jpg 109685073.jpg (310.6 KB, 521 views)
Old 10/24/2010, 19:23   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Writing the source yourselves or using cofuture or the other 1.0 source?

Not judging, just curious.

Best of luck to you guys!
Old 10/24/2010, 19:45   #3

elite*gold: 20
Using an edited co future source of mine. I was going to use it for New Dawn but I don't like the client or the source. It's too unorganized. The server itself works fine though. It's a lot more stable than the 5165 source.
Old 10/25/2010, 03:52   #4

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
... more stable than 5165 really doesn't require anything.

I mean hell, not showing off but I can code a source 10x more stable than most lotf servers. That's not be being pro, that's just lotf sucking HARDCORE.

Cofuture does have significant issues... but assuming some of them have been addressed, best of luck.

I forget what most of the issues are as I haven't even really looked at the source in almost a year (I did a decent chunk of my learning on cofuture 1.0 source last winter lol) but I know that I threw up the server for some ppl to log on to mess around and there were TONS of issues as soon as you started introducing more than a couple players where the server would just stop responding at certain points (wouldn't dc anyone... just would stop sending replies to clients)

Had some strange socket problems at time as well as being fairly unorganized and having some problems with packet handling at times. Could just be time distorting my memories though.

Why not just use cpx source? From what I've heard it seems like half of epvp has copies of the source lol!
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/25/2010, 04:12   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
... more stable than 5165 really doesn't require anything.

I mean hell, not showing off but I can code a source 10x more stable than most lotf servers. That's not be being pro, that's just lotf sucking HARDCORE.
Haha! 'Aint that the truth. I guess it doesn't take much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Cofuture does have significant issues... but assuming some of them have been addressed, best of luck.

I forget what most of the issues are as I haven't even really looked at the source in almost a year (I did a decent chunk of my learning on cofuture 1.0 source last winter lol) but I know that I threw up the server for some ppl to log on to mess around and there were TONS of issues as soon as you started introducing more than a couple players where the server would just stop responding at certain points (wouldn't dc anyone... just would stop sending replies to clients)

Had some strange socket problems at time as well as being fairly unorganized and having some problems with packet handling at times. Could just be time distorting my memories though.

Why not just use cpx source? From what I've heard it seems like half of epvp has copies of the source lol!
Yah. it is really unorganized. As far as the issues, yah. I fixed most of them. Still a few like you said in there though that were hard for me at the time that I fixed it up. I'm sure his friends will enjoy it though =]
Old 10/25/2010, 13:28   #6

*** that patch is too much of Classic Co for me. I like the patch at least where they change the letters and skin :X (cause it looks horrible). But my favorite patch is 5071 and I consider that "classic" (yeah i got used to potency/battle power). Why? 1. It's before the new Jump. 2. It's before Ninjas. (If 5071 has talismans then without them, 5071 is classic).
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/25/2010, 19:35   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by copz1337 View Post
*** that patch is too much of Classic Co for me. I like the patch at least where they change the letters and skin :X (cause it looks horrible). But my favorite patch is 5071 and I consider that "classic" (yeah i got used to potency/battle power). Why? 1. It's before the new Jump. 2. It's before Ninjas. (If 5071 has talismans then without them, 5071 is classic).
I agree... Conquer 1.0's skin and text make me wanta stab TQ. I know people actually play it though because they like that, but I personally like 5200 through 5249. Before that it has GUI errors (like in 5165) and after that it has useless junk that's killing TQ right now. I also like 5135 a lot. You can make anything classic really, as long as you change conquer.exe to not have the shopping mall and as long as your server doesn't use cps, talismans, or ninja fog!
Old 10/27/2010, 04:15   #8

You obviously do not know what classic co is
Old 10/27/2010, 04:38   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterman01 View Post
Lol, I played back then. I know there are other things like one reborn and the max level being 130. I'm shortening it. Besides, this is an advertisement, not a discussion thread. Open a discussion thread and I'd love to talk to you about it! =P
Old 10/27/2010, 04:50   #10

I'd like to through my 3 cents in...

I would truly pay a small ($5?) fee a month to play on a REAL classic server. Patch 5000, that was like last year... TQ releases 5 patches a week. I can't recall the patches I was playing on back in the days, but they weren't near that. Anything BEFORE 'Conquer 2.0' release is a true classic server. I remember that day... all the hype, but no one realized the game was moving closer and closer to the sewer .

All honesty and everything... No DB buying, but make it Pay-to-Play... Even if it's $1 a month. You could easily get 1,000 people... you know what that equals to.

Why I say no DB buying:

Back in the day, no one bought DBs over maybe a 5 pack once a month. And DBs didn't get you as far back then as they do now either! (Making an item from elite to super... Umm 6 DBs in market ftw?). There were the occasional bulkers, but like I said... DBs didn't get you AS far as they can in today's Conquer.

For anyone who could make such a server... the money is there. It's just coding, and finding a source THAT old.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 10/29/2010, 03:19   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterman01 View Post
+1
love the days when everyone making moonbox and trade for DBs,hunting long hp bar met bird ,camping and waiting for someone to get red name,love the look of 115 item without too much complicated **** now day they have...
i said, keep the pure as the ways it is,dont listen to some noob advice which they dont know **** whats going on back then
Old 10/29/2010, 15:09   #12

yeah, co 1.0 texture is crappy but i love it anyway. original 1.0 server will definetly beat those patch 5000+ 'classic' p.servers. original is original and thats it, and i hate the ****** whoosh sounds which came with co 2.0

i wish u good luck with this project
Old 10/29/2010, 19:20   #13

PM or post somewere when server is playable , i would like to play , btw i suggest u to change itemminicons and mapitemicons too, they suck in 1.0 =D (all bootses have same icon, 115-130 items have all same names, newer CO has too, but 1.0 has extremly much )
Old 10/30/2010, 08:34   #14

host PM me when ya get the server done, i will be ur Number 1 fans
Old 10/30/2010, 10:40   #15

Everyone here that's interested in this project, add me on this forum as a friend. I'm the project manager for PURE. I'm developing a 4267 source right now. Conquer 1.0 does own even though I have to basically turn my graphics card off to play it xP