Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 21:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Spectate Feature

Discussion on Spectate Feature within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Lightbulb Spectate Feature

I was wondering if it was possible to make a spectate feature. eg. to view someone to see if their speeding and/or aimbotting and whatever other purposes. Basically, you see what they see, but only the character. Not like, if they open warehouse or trade you can see it, just character and interior.
Old 05/01/2010, 20:49   #2

Received Thanks: 5,291
Why don't you just put a check on their jump speed to see if they are speeding?
Old 05/01/2010, 21:07   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Arco View Post
Why don't you just put a check on their jump speed to see if they are speeding?
Well, I just like the idea of spectate.
Old 05/01/2010, 22:54   #4

elite*gold: 1142
Received Thanks: 1,161
Yes it's possible, now your next question is going to be how do you do it, and here's the part where you are stuck without major help.

Sparkie developed a MapViewer, it's basically the same idea. Make a program where you can watch all maps, and from there make it communicate with the server itself, and add the character models at the right position etc etc...

Note, this was the hard (but correct imo) way of doing it.

Else, you can make a simple command that teleports you to the character and make your character invisible by sending an incorrect model id, and you can follow him/her from there.
Old 05/02/2010, 00:12   #5

no emme, he means an ingame view of watching the player

you can bind each Character to have a collection of 'spectators', and every server -> client packet gets forwarded to each spectator the Character has as well, the problem is here since the conquer client will move before the server says it can, if your spectating someones character and u try and jump on it (you will see you self jump, but it won't do anything, maybe pull you back later) and also, if the conquer client does not have a packet from server -> client telling it to move/jump your character, the best you will be able to do is see the character you are spectator, warp each time he jumps.

the rest is fine, and this is all quite easy to do.