Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 09:01

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Showing monsters on minimap

Discussion on Showing monsters on minimap within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Showing monsters on minimap

Is it possible to show ALL monsters with a certain mobId on minimap?

I've tried sending the MsgAction[10010] packet with a subtype of TeamMemberPos[101] but it only shows a single point/monster.

Here's some example code:

HTML Code:
foreach (var mapObject in Map.MapObjects.Values)
            {
                if (mapObject is Monster monster && monster.Id == 1)
                {
                    Send(new MsgActionPacket
                    {
                        ClientId = monster.ClientId,
                        Data1 = (uint)MapId,
                        Data3Low = monster.X,
                        Data3High = monster.Y,
                        GeneralAction = GeneralAction.QueryTeamMember
                    });
                }
            }
Is there any subaction that can handle this?

Old 02/09/2020, 15:48   #2

I've done this with UltimatePluto and DisCity on my server, from my understanding you can't send multiple TeamMemberPos at the same time, it will swap between them.

Old 02/09/2020, 20:03   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Execution! View Post
I've done this with UltimatePluto and DisCity on my server, from my understanding you can't send multiple TeamMemberPos at the same time, it will swap between them.
Yeah that's what I noticed, thanks for the reply. Is this implemented in your Xio source you released 5 years ago? If so the mega link seems to be dead.
Old 02/11/2020, 06:56   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virus7799 View Post
Yeah that's what I noticed, thanks for the reply. Is this implemented in your Xio source you released 5 years ago? If so the mega link seems to be dead.
It's not implemented in that source no, and Xio is a terrible source, I'd urge you not to use it only reference it, I'm glad the link died anyways.

Old 02/11/2020, 10:48   #5

Quote:
It's not implemented in that source no, and Xio is a terrible source, I'd urge you not to use it only reference it, I'm glad the link died anyways.
I'm working on a custom source. Could you point me in the right direction to implement it?
Old 02/11/2020, 17:44   #6

Like I said, you can't implement multiple points at the same time it has to be done 1 by 1.
Old 02/12/2020, 02:21   #7

Quote:
Like I said, you can't implement multiple points at the same time it has to be done 1 by 1.
Ah my bad, thought you meant you managed to implement multiple points somehow.
Old 02/12/2020, 05:17   #8

I mean if you really want it you'd have to just queue up a series of points and have them display one after another in rapid succession for a period of time, it won't look as good but hey this is just off the top of my head I'm sure you can come up with better ideas.

Edit, I just noticed that's what you were doing initially with the foreach loop, my bad
Old 02/12/2020, 07:29   #9

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 3,723
If you're interested in creating new features on the client, then I'd really recommend investing some time in making a client hook that can send and receive custom packets, and draw over/update the interface. For this problem in particular, I know Chris and Angelius had a mini map hook to load custom map icons. You could always do something similar but feed it location data via a packet. I know it's a complicated project to take on, but I know that's how things like this have been done in the past.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 02/14/2020, 00:47   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
If you're interested in creating new features on the client, then I'd really recommend investing some time in making a client hook that can send and receive custom packets, and draw over/update the interface. For this problem in particular, I know Chris and Angelius had a mini map hook to load custom map icons. You could always do something similar but feed it location data via a packet. I know it's a complicated project to take on, but I know that's how things like this have been done in the past.
I've done some client hooking in the past, will look into doing it this way when I have a chance. Thanks!

« Hiring someone who can make 5017 Conquer.exe | Conquer Development Wiki »