Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 16:28

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

problems with the CoEmu source...

Discussion on problems with the CoEmu source... within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
problems with the CoEmu source...

hey guys can someone help me out here. i have everything working (aka removed the line 30,31, and 34 errors), and i can log in with an account i made. my only problem (WHICH IS SERIOUSLY BAD) is that my character is invisible. all of the npc's besides the blue elephat guards are also invisible. is this problem related to the database i'm using or is it something related to making the first account's "character ID" = 11000? if you want screen shots or a video, i'm sure i can get one up to show you what i mean. i've read through so many guides for the past 2 days and i only found one other person with this problem. but no one helped them figure out a solution. hope someone can help me out bc this is annoying :\
Old 02/21/2010, 19:40   #2

I need any more thing to find your problem, i used a CoEmu source for a long time, and i dont got this problem. Try to use AnimeCo source, its more complete.
Old 02/22/2010, 04:50   #3

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiz01 View Post
I need any more thing to find your problem, i used a CoEmu source for a long time, and i dont got this problem. Try to use AnimeCo source, its more complete.
You really shouldn't be suggesting people use AnimeCo for a couple reasons.

#1 AnimeCo is unstable and full of bugs. Last I checked it actually crashes after about 5 minutes.

#2: People using it learn NOTHING. Everything is 'coded' (poorly in most cases) and because they have never started with a more basic source, they will have no idea how to fix it.

I'd suggest sticking with the base coemu source and working on improving it (use releases from here, examine them and over time learn to code features/new stuff yourself.

It takes time but trust me, in the long run it will be worth it.

As for the invisibility bug, yah it sounds like you haven't set the character ID properly. Open up the characters database in navicat or a similar program and change the character ID to 1000010. That should solve the problem hopefully.
Old 02/22/2010, 07:49   #4

in anime co ive only ever found 1 bug which was an easy fix and the dc bug which im sure is with the multi threading system which is a complicated fix but im sure if you know how to fix a bug like this the person knows more than enough to upgrade from a basic server, so i would suggest it to people as long as they know what there in for.
Old 02/23/2010, 21:57   #5

...well i feel kinda dumb. for some reason one of the major c3 files was corrupt and that caused the problem. i deserve a big ol' slap to the face for that :P and yea i made my own code in Java to run my p server but it didnt work so i tested CoEmu's and had the same problem. i should've checked that issue out first.... and also i heard that the char ID should be set to 1100000, not 1000010. what is the reason behind that anyway?