Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 11:01

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Assistance with Item Mall Client Edit Please

Discussion on Assistance with Item Mall Client Edit Please within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Assistance with Item Mall Client Edit Please

Hey everyone,

I'm brand new to this so forgive my ignorance. I've been working on setting up a pserver for my mates and I to play on (not planning on making it public or anything, it's just for some friends and I).

I wanted to edit the items that show up in the Item Mall for CPs (remove some, add some). I followed some of the excellent guides posted here but they all seemed to discuss how to add but not how to remove.

I edited my shop.dat file on the server in OLDCDB to have the items I want, and this seemed successful since I can no longer purchase removed items from the shop. However, the items still show up, it just won't work if you try to buy them. I figured this was because I needed to edit shop.dat in the client as well to match the list I have on the server.

The snag I've run in to is that after editing the shop.dat file in the client it crashes on launch with a memory error. The only way I've found to stop it from crashing is to use the original shop.dat file again.

If anyone can help me with this I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you for your time.

Edit:

Hey everyone,

I found a suitable workaround. I can move items around all I want without causing any issues. It seems like it only crashes when I reduce the total number of items in the client.

So, I simply moved all the items I want to keep up and filled out all the un-wanted slots at the bottom with more of the last item. Not very elegant but it works for what I need.

If anyone can help me with a real fix I'd still appreciate it. Thanks!