Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 16:42

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Monster Drops (CoEmuV2 Help)

Discussion on Monster Drops (CoEmuV2 Help) within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 01/29/2010, 03:41   #16

elite*gold: 0
Yea right now im working on rebuilding a new shelby but im stuck at a stupid problem where im not sure how to form the text message to state what a clients virtue points are.

Text("You have (CSocket.Client.VirtuePoints)", CSocket);

Stupid problem to have eh?
Old 01/29/2010, 03:58   #17

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,377
Text("You have " + CSocket.Client.VirtuePoints, CSocket);

That's how you build string statements. + joins them together, any non variable is in quotes.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/29/2010, 04:02   #18

elite*gold: 0
Thx that helps me out more than you know, i started pawing through some codes and such and im actually working on a custom Monster exterminator quest of my own which could really use that text format for stating how many kills youve gained and such. Thanks
Old 01/29/2010, 04:28   #19

yah mob hunter is a good quest to try to code cause it uses some interesting stuff.

main things you will wanna make (not saying you don't know this, just writing them down for reference really)
bool controlling if player has quest already
int count for how many kills
str for monster name to be hunting
int for how many kills is required

database function to inport/export and update the values to the character database (or make a quest database, then you can use it for other quests also!)

check when killing mob to see if monster name == monster name required, if so add a kill to the clients kill count and then print out how many kills they have (optional, do an if check to see if it can be divided by 10, that way you only print out how many kills every 10 mobs avoiding spam to the client)

Then obvious checks on the npc to see what level the player is (give them the appropriate monsters to kill), check if player has quest already, update the database when giving/removing the quest from a player, rewards, etc.

Nothing super complex, just a few diff steps to worry about.

If you run into any snags lemme know and I'll load up a source and see what I can do for you.
Old 01/29/2010, 04:44   #20

elite*gold: 20
Is he talking about the quest for people below level 120 or the 120-130 quest?
Old 01/29/2010, 05:05   #21

He's talking about a custom one as far as i know. Once you have the structure of it done you can code it to be exactly like the tq version anyways though. It's getting the coding right that he's doing right now though.