Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 00:22

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How to make PKTourny Death Match and others

Discussion on How to make PKTourny Death Match and others within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
what i do to make PK Tournament , i want to know the code off it

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________

Quote:
Love IS My msg
but please i need the Code fast to make my Server
__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

Love is my msg
Old 12/10/2009, 12:02   #2

Trai code it
Old 12/10/2009, 18:33   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0OM View Post
what i do to make PK Tournament , i want to know the code off it

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________
Dont double post
#reported multi accounts
Old 12/11/2009, 01:03   #4

i think no one can Code it cus it's not res yet:|
Old 12/11/2009, 01:07   #5

Received Thanks: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Evil View Post
i think no one can Copy and paste it cus it's not res yet:|
^------------Corrected
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/11/2009, 04:48   #6

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,377
Coding a death match or pk tournament simply requires coding some timers, adding a hashtable and a few other specific functions.

Basically you want a date time check to see if it's the time that the event starts (for testing or for a different version of a pk event you could have it start via a gm command)

You will want a hash table to store players scores who are in the event. create the hashtable then under where pk points are controlled you will want to do a check to see if players are on that map AND part of the pk event, if so you want to increase their score (score based pk event) on the other hand you could use a 1/0 system for your hash table to control if players are still in the round (eg: if player dies their hashtable value is set to 0, if set to 0 they cannot pk on that map but they are still 'part of the event' and as such can claim there rewards or be effected by codes that will remove players from the map or other related functions)

Once you have a working hashtable functioning you will need a timer to system to control how the event is ended.

To do this you will want to do a looped timer that basically checks for certain conditions (someone in hashtable reaches score x [score required to win], time limit is up or only one player is left standing in the event)

You will also need a fot each type loop to get player ids and add them to the initial events.

If you look at the link in my siggy I have some very basic examples of how to do for each loops, hashtables and I think someone posted some information on timers. There is no real copy/paste system for pk tournies or death matches other then those for lotf but the system itself isn't super complicated. just break it down into the steps required for it to work and program them one bit at a time.

Good luck.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/11/2009, 19:21   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Coding a death match or pk tournament simply requires coding some timers, adding a hashtable and a few other specific functions.

Basically you want a date time check to see if it's the time that the event starts (for testing or for a different version of a pk event you could have it start via a gm command)

You will want a hash table to store players scores who are in the event. create the hashtable then under where pk points are controlled you will want to do a check to see if players are on that map AND part of the pk event, if so you want to increase their score (score based pk event) on the other hand you could use a 1/0 system for your hash table to control if players are still in the round (eg: if player dies their hashtable value is set to 0, if set to 0 they cannot pk on that map but they are still 'part of the event' and as such can claim there rewards or be effected by codes that will remove players from the map or other related functions)

Once you have a working hashtable functioning you will need a timer to system to control how the event is ended.

To do this you will want to do a looped timer that basically checks for certain conditions (someone in hashtable reaches score x [score required to win], time limit is up or only one player is left standing in the event)

You will also need a fot each type loop to get player ids and add them to the initial events.

If you look at the link in my siggy I have some very basic examples of how to do for each loops, hashtables and I think someone posted some information on timers. There is no real copy/paste system for pk tournies or death matches other then those for lotf but the system itself isn't super complicated. just break it down into the steps required for it to work and program them one bit at a time.

Good luck.
good and clear answer . This will help me alot , i gonna try coding it . but just wondering is it also possible to start and end it with a command ? i gues so . correct me if i'm wrong
Old 12/15/2009, 22:35   #8

hey all
Old 12/15/2009, 22:42   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0OM View Post
hey all
of course it is.. not many ppl left in the co section could code one, simply because i doubt but only a couple here understand the concept of dynamic maps, unless it's a specific tournament, all vs. all.
Old 12/15/2009, 23:04   #10

This is already coded in my source and ye, Its prety confusing
Old 12/16/2009, 01:08   #11

yeah dynamic map is simply a submapid.. just gotta know a bit about it. jose msn me.. i wanna ask about your pk tourney.