Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 20:27

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Looking for team to assist with CO2 private server in Java

Discussion on Looking for team to assist with CO2 private server in Java within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Looking for team to assist with CO2 private server in Java

Greetings,

I am looking for members with a moderate to high level of working knowledge of the Java programming language, and the structure of data sent to and from the CO2 client, to assist in the development of a CO2 private server.

The goal of this project is to create a private server base, using the client version 5017. No extensive customization will be planned until there is a stable base provided.

If interested, please Private Message me providing information on your experience with the Java pogramming language and CO2 private server development.

Further details available on request.

Very truly yours,

s.bat
Old 10/20/2009, 00:17   #2

• Work will be equally distributed between the team and I, of course.
  • The NetBeans IDE is requested, but not necessary.
  • There are rules on documentation and naming conventions that one should follow in using the Java programming language. If the applying member needs help in any such area, it will be provided to them.

Am I requiring too much, or is this lack of interest due to the source's primary language being Java, or am I simply not trustworthy, or all three? If anyone needs a demonstration of the extent of my knowledge of the Java programming language, I understand, and would be willing to give them one.

Please feel free to comment on or ask about the subject.
Old 10/20/2009, 01:42   #3

most people in the CO2 section have little to no knowledge in java, since all of the released sources are in C# (excluding binarys)
Old 10/20/2009, 02:08   #4

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidenx123 View Post
most people in the CO2 section have little to no knowledge in programing of any kind and in many cases cannot even copy/paste ready made code into their source or edit their client effectively

I think that's more what you were looking for.
Old 10/20/2009, 02:15   #5

no, some people actually know some of C# and even some with decent knowledge of C++, but JAVA is a rare language in this section.
Old 10/20/2009, 02:25   #6

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidenx123 View Post
no, some people actually know some of C# and even some with decent knowledge of C++, but JAVA is a rare language in this section.
I never said NO ONE knows it. It's just amazing though how small a percentage it is that people have any serious programing knowledge and hey, I don't claim to be one of them. I know the basics and can figure out the rest if I really have to but the actual number of people on here who know what they are doing with C# or any other 'serious' language is rather rare.

And you are right, Java is a bit more rare simply because people haven't had much of a chance to work with it (unless they had done some proxy work back a while ago)
Old 10/20/2009, 21:46   #7

I'd just say the only reason that Java developers are at a low is because the "good" coders have dished out C# sources to work with as bases. A newbie to coding will pick up the base and start to use it, and try to understand it, and obviously learn the language it's coded in, which in this scenario is C#. I believe however, that if someone released a source in Java that was fairly developed, people would be more prominent to use it over a typical C# source such as CoEMU or LOTF. Anyone who actually understands programming can easily transition between Java and C#, as the syntax is fairly the same, the "hardest" thing (assuming you already know one of the languages) would simply be learning the other languages wrappers and common-class names.
Old 10/20/2009, 22:57   #8

elite*gold: 20

Hybris is working (or wants to work) with Java, don't know if he is still doing it, though. D:
Old 10/21/2009, 00:15   #9

More like this:
89% of the people in this section can't code what-so-ever (most likely don't even know what coding really is. Such as the people like "HALO AM NAED NAPC PLAEZ ME PAID 5 THAUSND DOLAR SAUDRCE WORK GOOD ALL EGY FREAND JONE.")
8% of this section have some minuscule understanding of the syntax, release random **** such as NPCs or quests, think they're the ****, and people look up to them (Such as the people like "I'm going to code my own source now that I've finished understanding how to code a command.")
2% of this section can code, and they don't bother posting anymore.

Of the 2%, I don't know any personally that like Java programming.

Good luck.
Old 10/21/2009, 00:26   #10

Tao that's funny. I had an Egyptian irl friend that was named Jone instead of John. (he said the airport messed it up LOL)
Old 10/21/2009, 00:30   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tao4229_ View Post
More like this:
89% of the people in this section can't code what-so-ever (most likely don't even know what coding really is. Such as the people like "HALO AM NAED NAPC PLAEZ ME PAID 5 THAUSND DOLAR SAUDRCE WORK GOOD ALL EGY FREAND JONE.")
8% of this section have some minuscule understanding of the syntax, release random **** such as NPCs or quests, think they're the ****, and people look up to them (Such as the people like "I'm going to code my own source now that I've finished understanding how to code a command.")

Good luck.
Thanks, that really lightened up my day. I figured it was as much as that, it's like that for a lot of MMO private-server developers. The "top devs" dish out some stuff, and people feed on it, and use it to grow, or "try to grow" and wind up failing. All in all, it's the people "who can code" who wind up choosing what language is commonly used throughout the section due to distribution of "complete" code; so to speak. Is there really nobody good in this section who does use Java? I'm surprised seeing it's taught a lot more commonly in school (at least where I live) than .NET mainly for the reason "Oh my *** <3 it's cross platform! Because we all know we plan on developing on a Mac or Linux and not a Windows!"
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/23/2009, 00:23   #12

Thank you for your suggestion, LetterX, but Hybris is currently unavailable.

Thank you for the information that all of you have provided. It's unfortunate that most of the people in this section don't have a firm grasp of the language most of them are working with. I too was under the impression that some people would know Java, but that is unfortunate as well.

To be honest, I felt the whole situation with coding by myself to be lonely, and thought that getting at least one or two people with some knowledge in the subject to be helpful. The offer is still open, but I don't have much hope.

Unfortunately I don't have a reputation like Hybris's, or maybe more people would be interested.
Old 10/23/2009, 00:28   #13

I possibly plan on making a 1.0 server some time in the future, though I plan on using C# and C++; not Java. You don't seem like the typical person on this forum (acting like a retard) so if you're interested, I'm interested in you and would possibly like to develop together. I'm working on reversing the encryption right now, as I'm not sure whether an encryption from the 5095 coemu source, of the 5017 lotf source would work seeing the versions are incredibly far apart. Besides, reversing is good practice, no?

I've already reversed the first key's generation (lol messy, but I'll clean it up later):
Code:
            byte[] buffer = new byte[256];
            int edx = 0x9d;
            int eax;
            int ecx;
            for (int i = 0; i < 256; i++)
            {
                buffer[i] = (byte)edx;
                ecx = edx; // mov cl,dl
                eax = edx;
                eax = (eax * 0xfa); // imul eax,eax,0fa
                edx = eax % 0x100; // remainer from IDIV below
                eax /= 0x100; // IDIV ebx(0x100 const)
                eax = edx; // mov eax,edx => eax becomes the remainer from 0x9d/0x100
                eax += 0x0f; // add eax,0f
                eax = (eax * buffer[i]); // imul eax,ecx => ecx is the last byte we moved into buffer
                eax += 0x13; // add eax,013
                edx = eax % 0x100; // remainder from IDIV below
                eax = eax / 0x100; // IDIV ebx(0x100 const)
            }
Revised: (Key1Initial is 0x9D) => The key is generated when the client attempts to login
Code:
            int TempVar;
            for (int i = 0; i < Key1.Length; i++)
            {
                Key1[i] = Key1Initial;
                TempVar = ((((Key1Initial * 0xfa) % 0x100) + 0x0f) * Key1Initial) + 0x13;
                Key1Initial = (byte)(TempVar % 0x100);
            }
If your interested, I'll PM me, and I'll PM you my msn.
Old 10/23/2009, 00:47   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tao4229_ View Post
More like this:

Good luck.
where's the last %?

and i love your quote.
Old 10/23/2009, 01:04   #15

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Tequila_ View Post
I'm working on reversing the encryption right now.
Encryption is the same in 1.0 as 5017,4351