Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 10:27

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

PVP Server Opinions

Discussion on PVP Server Opinions within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Lightbulb PVP Server Opinions

Contemplating taking my redemption source and opening a PVP server alongside the current one.
Or creating a 'parallel world' inside my current server just for PVP.
But for the purpose of this thread lets just focus on a new pvp server.

You will have to forgive my ignorance because I have never played any PVP private server (or any private server for that matter, heh).
Obviously the source will need some modification to become a true pvp server, no problem there.

Mainly I am just looking for the communities opinion on what a PVP server SHOULD be. Features, restrictions, additions, just about anything you would or would not want to see.

My initial idea is to strip all the maps away from the source, and add in the PVP maps for each city. The ones that only have the city and have removed the surrounding areas.

From there I was thinking of turning each city into a 'zone' that a guild can take control of. Put a pole in each city that the guild must hold to control it.
Controlling a city/zone gives your guild benefits in that map, extra attack/def, something along those lines.
You also gain points while you hold it.

End of the week, guild with the most points win some form of prize and everything resets and starts over.

There would be no PK points obviously, and no punishments for PKing too much.
Each player would start at level 120, with basic but good gear. Full super or something. And then through PK and other events would earn currency to improve it and level up.

Anyways these are my ideas.
What would you like to see in a PVP server?
What features do you like/dislike about PVP servers?
Whats the best thing you like about them?
Would you even play one?

All comments are welcomed, just want to get a discussion going.
Old 11/08/2014, 05:57   #2

I would play it, as long as it doesn't have anything higher then ninjas.
I would love to see a classic pvp server sadly every server I see is filled with pirates giving eachother an*l so.. would be great if you didn't have the new ****** conquer. GL
Old 11/08/2014, 19:54   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by divi<3 View Post
I would play it, as long as it doesn't have anything higher then ninjas.
I would love to see a classic pvp server sadly every server I see is filled with pirates giving eachother an*l so.. would be great if you didn't have the new shitty conquer. GL
Monks are good too... '-'

About each pole in a city, it's a good idea, but don't you think that increase attack or defense is a little op?
Example:
If i dominate, me and my members will have +Attack and +Defense, so it will be easier for us to kill and harder to die (depending on the player skills), but as we know, most egys will just make 500 guilds and share those maps, making it even harder.

I think that, every second dominating that map should give your guild 1 point. The guild who hold it for more time will get a great reward at the end of the week. Pots on that map will be Free and you should make a boss like GuildBeast to be summoned everyday to drop PowerExpBalls, Lottery Tickets (Remove Lottery by CPs) and itens.

What would be good is: The GL who dominates the map, gets the King Title, so there will be 5 Kings, DLs Prince, what will end up with at least 20 Princes and Managers Dukes, around 45 Dukes. Make on the Sunday a Kingdom War, where the 5 nations will fight to see which one is stronger. (All vs All, no Allies)

Alliances: Each nation can have it's alliances inside of it, what will help them to protect their maps. A nation that dominates a map can't dominate another one, but it can help his allies to dominate another map.

Make a neutral map, where the renegades, loosers, unholy, whatever.. will talk, they will build their guilds and grow stronger so they can attack the big nations.

Peoples can travel around the cities, so they can join the actual nations.
Make a prize to make them try to take the old leaders down, example: Twin City has been dominated 5 weeks by HUEHUEBRBR. So the reward for who takes them down will be *n higher.
Of course, you can't be allied to them and, need at least 3 or more weeks (unallied, if you've been before) so you can get the reward.

Resuming: Monday to Saturday, guilds fight to protect their maps. Sunday a Kingdom War, where they see who have the strongest nation.

The only PVP server i've played was Dominus hahah, so i dont know how they work. But that's an event idea.
Old 11/25/2014, 01:31   #4

Id love to play your server, your idea of pvp is ******* great, but yeah definitely keeping it classic. Too many servers nowadays has all that conplicated ****. Ive played Acid Co and it was just purely about how good you are at fast blade and ss, people compete one another to see who is better at aiming using ss and fb. Items and skills are handed to you instantly. Just please dont make it a "money talks" server, pay to win.. Cuz then it make a huge imbalance between players and i think that is just a ripp off..

To keep players online is by having lots tournament and gw, being able to make players not just sit around doing nothing, but at the same time, make them do something that is fun, not sitting around doing jiang and chi, hunting and farming for stuff... Have team drath match where everyone is 1 hp so it relies on the skills of fb and ss.