Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 16:52

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

need help. how would i change the conquer PID.

Discussion on need help. how would i change the conquer PID. within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
need help. how would i change the conquer PID.

how do you change the conquer PID? i want ot change it so only my conquer.exe will work for my server.
Old 09/12/2014, 23:33   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Coder 2014 View Post
Please, stop talking nonsense .
he is right

look carefully of what u ask for
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherjr2 View Post
how do you change the conquer PID? i want ot change it so only my conquer.exe will work for my server.
what u can change is

crypt key

and other thing i barely remember.
Old 09/13/2014, 02:02   #3

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherjr2 View Post
none of them steps worked. i even hit my screen with a bat then poopd on it. what am i doing wrong?
so many kids on elitepvpers guess i need a new site.
To actually answer your question (again), changing the Process ID of Conquer.exe will not prevent others from working on your server, please see the reply regarding encryption keys.
Old 09/13/2014, 05:58   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
To actually answer your question (again), changing the Process ID of Conquer.exe will not prevent others from working on your server, please see the reply regarding encryption keys.
oh ok thanks for acutly helping me.
Old 09/13/2014, 12:31   #5

fork() might work (Unix.) other than that you're out of luck. PID's are generated by the OS when your application is run. Thus the process will have a unique PID for every time it's run and it's usually not the same.

So the short answer is:
It's not possible.

Edit:
Found this in case you want something like fork() on Windows, then you could simply look at their implementation.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/13/2014, 13:05   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Aids View Post
fork() might work (Unix.) other than that you're out of luck. PID's are generated by the OS when your application is run. Thus the process will have a unique PID for every time it's run and it's usually not the same.

So the short answer is:
It's not possible.

Edit:
Found this in case you want something like fork() on Windows, then you could simply look at their implementation.
fork doesn't allow you to change a process' ID, it generates a new process with a new ID. The only way to actually change the ID of a running process on Windows would be to write directly to the EPROCESS structure of the associated process which requires something that runs in kernel mode - a driver.
Old 09/13/2014, 13:40   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Coder 2014 View Post
fork doesn't allow you to change a process' ID, it generates a new process with a new ID. The only way to actually change the ID of a running process on Windows would be to write directly to the EPROCESS structure of the associated process which requires something that runs in kernel mode - a driver.
Yeah, but it copies the exact memoryspace and you can use it to achieve an effect like it.

This is how it's implemented in Cygwin.
Quote:

5.6. Process Creation The fork call in Cygwin is particularly interesting because it does not map well on top of the Win32 API. This makes it very difficult to implement correctly. Currently, the Cygwin fork is a non-copy-on-write implementation similar to what was present in early flavors of UNIX.

The first thing that happens when a parent process forks a child process is that the parent initializes a space in the Cygwin process table for the child. It then creates a suspended child process using the Win32 CreateProcess call. Next, the parent process calls setjmp to save its own context and sets a pointer to this in a Cygwin shared memory area (shared among all Cygwin tasks). It then fills in the child's .data and .bss sections by copying from its own address space into the suspended child's address space. After the child's address space is initialized, the child is run while the parent waits on a mutex. The child discovers it has been forked and longjumps using the saved jump buffer. The child then sets the mutex the parent is waiting on and blocks on another mutex. This is the signal for the parent to copy its stack and heap into the child, after which it releases the mutex the child is waiting on and returns from the fork call. Finally, the child wakes from blocking on the last mutex, recreates any memory-mapped areas passed to it via the shared area, and returns from fork itself.

While we have some ideas as to how to speed up our fork implementation by reducing the number of context switches between the parent and child process, fork will almost certainly always be inefficient under Win32. Fortunately, in most circumstances the spawn family of calls provided by Cygwin can be substituted for a fork/exec pair with only a little effort. These calls map cleanly on top of the Win32 API. As a result, they are much more efficient. Changing the compiler's driver program to call spawn instead of fork was a trivial change and increased compilation speeds by twenty to thirty percent in our tests.

However, spawn and exec present their own set of difficulties. Because there is no way to do an actual exec under Win32, Cygwin has to invent its own Process IDs (PIDs). As a result, when a process performs multiple exec calls, there will be multiple Windows PIDs associated with a single Cygwin PID. In some cases, stubs of each of these Win32 processes may linger, waiting for their exec'd Cygwin process to exit.
But if you actually read my post I said:
Quote:
So the short answer is:
It's not possible.
Old 09/13/2014, 14:40   #8

Received Thanks: 1,147
You should never really want to change the PID...

Process identifier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

#Closed
Thanks
2 Users
Closed Thread