Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 00:48

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Development] Redemption - Conquer 1.5

Discussion on [Development] Redemption - Conquer 1.5 within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 03/18/2014, 16:18   #16

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciarda View Post
This is my dream server but you will mess it up and add 2.0 stuff into it and ruin it

I wish there was a pure 1.0 server out there I mean I dont care if it uses a 2.0 client etc with the features removed just that it ACTUALLY is 1.0 Love2Hate, Classic Conquer all claim to be the new 1.0 pservers and suck hard because they added there own stuff :S why cant we see a pure 1.0 server which I for one would play because that was the best co experience for me after all the new features were added I had to quit co because it just wasent the same anymore

You will probably make the best close 1.0 server out there which will probably end up with me playing it if your gonna actually run it as a server and wish you the best of luck, Wish I could programme a server myself completely from scratch, Slowly learning one day I will

The Redux source Pro4 made is amazing and if he fixed the bridge errors and the mob AI w/e it is then id use it too because I have heard many people say how easy it is to upgrade/downgrade and remove/add features into it and its coded more clean in a way everyone can understand
There will be no game-ruining features added into this server.
No Lotto, No BP calculation, No sockets for DBs, No ninjas, no talismans, No plus stones. There also won't be any CP drops.
Its old school grinding and farming where you have to create your own gear, not buy it.

Yes, there are a couple different traits, the biggest differences are going to be the pet system and also the honor system.
The pet system just gives the current system a little enhancement. Doesn't make it boring and gives pet's a function in the game.

The honor system simply rewards players participating in PVP events and is the only way to obtain certain things like blessed gear. This system will ensure that all players have the same chance at obtaining blessed gear, rather than only those who can buy the most.

Blessed gear I haven't made the final decision on yet however if they are kept in-game, the max % per piece will be either 3 or 5. But considering BP calculations are removed, they will not make a massive impact on damage calculations since the max % will be 21% or 35%.

All bridge errors are fixed, and the mob AI will be re-done.

The biggest 2.0 features to be included will be 2nd rb, Dis City and 130 weapons/120 gear.
Plus stones, talismans and other features will be removed.

Nobility will simply be a gold reward system to encourage gold donating. The rewards will be far from being OP. Haven't decided on the rewards, might be a weekly prize of 5 DBs, or a weeks worth a double exp. That will be decided later.

Blessing I haven't decided on yet, I like some of the features, others I dont. So there might be a balance there to implement.

Personally I feel that the old 1.0 game AS IS creates a very short gaming experience, especially on private servers where rates are adjusted.
I am not looking to create a private server with a short life, the biggest problem with most servers is that a character is completely maxed in a day or two. And then what do they do? Sit around and look pretty?

So that is why I am adding certain features like 2nd rb.

Trust me, you will not be disappointed
Old 03/18/2014, 17:08   #17

2nd reborn, blessed items is one of the major things I quit co over - Your pet system is it gonna be like in Love2hate where you have pets that can attack etc?(I didnt like this) and your honor system giving items sounds really bad if your going to use nobility as a perk then why not have that as your honor system? it would be more like a title challenge to see who the best is - make it so it only counts 120-130 players or something so you cant abuse it, maybe have custom pvp garments that you can get for being the best that maybe give you that little bit of an edge over everyone else and I mean only a little 1-5% more damage or something so people have a reason to actually pvp and you could exclude it on maps like GW so that it doesnt have any effect (maybe not damage boost on garment but maybe something else?) maybe a stamina boost? gives you a bigger standard stamina pool or something

This is more of a feature I would like to see

I dont understand what you mean by gold donating? you mean gold you farm or gold you can buy from you lol obviously probably not the 2nd otherwise it would be shit ;p

You are definatly going to have donations on your server but what would it be for DBs? then you would have to put a limit on how many you can buy per week or month otherwise it would become a pay 2 win server which I think everyone hates.

Events like GW what would you reward the winners? people dont like it that only the GL/DLs get rewarded maybe you will put in a system where it rewards every member in the guild who was online at partacing in GW at the time?

You would not have to add 2nd reborn if you make 1st and 2nd sockets in gear really rare and I mean rare people would have to farm mets/dbs and reborns if they would want a socket not just hunt a few times spam a few times and unlock a socket in 200 mets like alot of servers out there >.<

Dis city was one of the best features added in 1.0

Class pk tourny the one where you actually have to hunt pheasents and get your token register at the npc in twin near pk arena and at the time you go inside and if you win you get a random super gem (most servers have some fucked up pk tourny and didnt even play in 1.0 so dont even know what it really was/is)

I like it how your going to have the original TQ spawns they are allways the best to see on servers because there are dedicated hunting spots
Old 03/18/2014, 18:37   #18

Quote:
Your pet system is it gonna be like in Love2hate where you have pets that can attack etc?(I didnt like this)
No, they will not attack without you targeting the object first.

Quote:
I dont understand what you mean by gold donating? you mean gold you farm or gold you can buy from you lol obviously probably not the 2nd otherwise it would be shit ;p
Gold from farming

Quote:
You are definatly going to have donations on your server but what would it be for DBs? then you would have to put a limit on how many you can buy per week or month otherwise it would become a pay 2 win server which I think everyone hates.
DBs only. There may be a 'Premium' donation feature for a monthly fee. Havent decided yet.
The only benefits from that would be along the lines of extra exp, increased drop rate. Nothing that truly gives them alot of power, just gives them a benefit.

Also, no need to restrict it. It can't become pay to win if you cannot buy your gear.
What good is 1000 dragonballs going to do you when you can't make sockets with them, or purchase gear from shopping mall.
You can use them as currency, you can upgrade your gear level in market, and you can upgrade quality. Thats about it.

Quote:
Events like GW what would you reward the winners? people dont like it that only the GL/DLs get rewarded maybe you will put in a system where it rewards every member in the guild who was online at partacing in GW at the time?
Honor points.
Guild Beast (Obviously)
Also, there will be guild wide benefits for the week.
Exact benefits are undecided, might be extra exp, extra attack, extra hp.
Perhaps even a guild only metzone or something.
I dunno exactly, but something that will encourage guilds to want to have the pole for the week.

Quote:
You would not have to add 2nd reborn if you make 1st and 2nd sockets in gear really rare and I mean rare people would have to farm mets/dbs and reborns if they would want a socket not just hunt a few times spam a few times and unlock a socket in 200 mets like alot of servers out there >.<
Second reborn is staying, sorry.
The quest is mandatory, and it won't be easy to get there anyway.
You can't buy exp or levels, so it will take time to reach first reborn.

As far as sockets go, no they won't be easy.
As I said, you can' buy gear, so you have to spam mets.
The rate will be very similar to that of TQ's, so your looking at much higher than 200.

Quote:
Dis city was one of the best features added in 1.0
Already implemented and working 100%

Quote:
Class pk tourny the one where you actually have to hunt pheasents and get your token register at the npc in twin near pk arena and at the time you go inside and if you win you get a random super gem (most servers have some fucked up pk tourny and didnt even play in 1.0 so dont even know what it really was/is)
Class PK will be exactly like TQs.
As will all the original PK tournaments.

Plus I will have my own.

Quote:
2nd reborn, blessed items is one of the major things I quit co over
Havent decided on blessed items. But even if they are in, the advantage won't be huge.

Most decent trojans that have at least full 1 soc will have what? 15k attack? (Just guessing)
A fully blessed set will have 21% or 31% reduction.
Which takes it to 10-12k attack.

But they would be incredibly hard to get, so you wont be seeing people with full blessed sets at any early point.
Infact it would probably be easier to get a full 2 soc set by reborning and spamming than it would a full blessed set with no socs.
Old 03/20/2014, 02:57   #19

Small teaser for the new PVP event Team Wars...
What happens when the countdown reaches 0?
The fun begins!

Thanks
1 User
Old 03/20/2014, 04:07   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceking View Post
Small teaser for the new PVP event Team Wars...
What happens when the countdown reaches 0?
The fun begins!

This, my friend, is impressive. Good luck on the project
Old 03/20/2014, 07:36   #21

You stole dat from c7 didnt you
Old 03/20/2014, 11:33   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y u k i View Post
You stole dat from c7 didnt you
Lol to be honest man, I have only ever just glanced at your thread whenever you make new posts. Never taken a close look at it.
So nope, this is all me....

Will post a more in depth spoiler really soon!
Old 03/20/2014, 14:25   #23

Quote:
Lol to be honest man, I have only ever just glanced at your thread whenever you make new posts. Never taken a close look at it.
So nope, this is all me....

Will post a more in depth spoiler really soon!
But I stole it from you so <3
Old 03/20/2014, 14:52   #24

elite*gold: 26
I sincerely wish you good luck with your project mate.
Old 03/30/2014, 23:32   #25

Development hasn't stopped, don't worry.
Working towards an alpha testing hopefully soon.

That will give me a good idea if there are any major bugs floating around that I have missed and it will also give me an idea of the stability of the core systems and where they may need to be improved.
Old 03/31/2014, 04:12   #26

I used to be your bug magnet yeah?
Old 03/31/2014, 04:26   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Execution! View Post
I used to be your bug magnet yeah?
You helped
But I can't find them all by myself.
Plus I really wanna see how stable it is. I've made quite a few changes so it will be good to see.
Old 03/31/2014, 08:34   #28

Quote:
You helped
But I can't find them all by myself.
Plus I really wanna see how stable it is. I've made quite a few changes so it will be good to see.
cmon post more progress here! Im excited about it!

If you manage to get it onto an stable state without stackoverflows ill bow down to you and redirect my daily prayers to the Aceking instead.
Old 03/31/2014, 13:13   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y u k i View Post
cmon post more progress here! Im excited about it!

If you manage to get it onto an stable state without stackoverflows ill bow down to you and redirect my daily prayers to the Aceking instead.
Haha, guess we will see.
I personally haven't had a single stack overflow yet.
Old 04/02/2014, 01:49   #30

Hopefully you wouldn't.

Tags
5065, classic, events, levelling, pvp